Champions League - GW5

Lyng

This was arm then body, yesterday was body then arm. This was imo way more a penalty than yesterday.
That the VAR intervened after 3 possible (soft) penalties before where he didnt intervene was ridiculous.
If that whole debacle yesterday didn't happen they wouldn't have cancelled this penalty,.

CoopersDream

This was arm then body, yesterday was body then arm. This was imo way more a penalty than yesterday.
This clearly isn't a thing anymore, though, otherwise refs just blatantly doesn't follow the rules anymore.

What is a thing, however, is that upper part of the arm isn't handball (hence why they draw offside lines from a bit down on the arm), and this could easily go under that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I agree but that has been given in the champions league several times so far, and now suddenly it's not. It's those inconsistencies that are killing the game.
Yep seems like each ref just makes it up as they go, on a case by case basis. It’s the only way you can explain it.

Last edited:

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
If that whole debacle yesterday didn't happen they wouldn't have cancelled this penalty,.
Id say that what happened yesterday is even more an argument the VAR should have been quiet today.

Parma Dewol

The inconsistency is maddening, even with regards to simple things such as added time. Having just gotten used to seeing a bit more, I couldn’t believe the three minutes added on in our game tonight. Heck, the subs and goals alone added up to more than that.

Crazy how we’ve ended up with different rules for the Premier League and Champions League.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
If i remember the consensus on the caf half a year ago, he was just another dud which evil germans tried to offload to united for a ridiculous amount of money. You clearly dodged a bullet there
To be honest, Madrid has changed his role significantly from what it was in Dortmund. The question marks around him last season were his ability to control midfield and be someone to build attacks with. He wasn't always strong at that in Dortmund.

He doesn't have that responsibility at Madrid. It's a free moving attacking midfield role rather with guys behind him who handle the build up work. Credit to Anchelotti for doing this, Bellingham looked incredible up till now, I was wondering whether teams would react to this change in tactics from Madrid but doesn't seem the case yet.

saflegend

ffs so thankful that Musiala is injured and won’t play he would walk through our midfield

croadyman

Maybe if we hadn't fecked up previous games we wouldn't be relying on Bayern against Copenhagen