Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, italian football is garbage

Btw, Gasperini's choice to keep playing Sportiello, who is absolute trash, over Gollini, who is decent, has cost them the game

abundance

Supports
Inter
Yeah, italian football is garbage

Btw, Gasperini's choice to keep playing Sportiello, who is absolute trash, over Gollini, who is decent, has cost them the game
Absolutely I totally can't see what Gasperini sees in Sportiello, and not just tonight.

Anyway, for all the talk about Atalanta's great collective, they really aren't the same thing without Gomez and with a vanishing Ilicic.

For tonight, add some odd Gasperini's choices to the monumental gap in experience and class between the two teams, and an easy walk for Real is served.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Rodrygo can be an interesting player in 1-2 years time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
For all the people who claim Zidane is tactically poor, he took Gasperini to school tonight. Also we're the only team in the world to play truly positionless football i think. Sometimes to our own disadvantage :lol:

We need another striker desperately, a world class one. Then shore the team up with starting quality backups

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think Rodrygo can be an interesting player in 1-2 years time.
I agree. I'd still drive him to paris myself for Mbappé, but yeah. Of the brazilians he's the one i have really high hopes for

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Another boring night in store tomorrow night with Chelsea v Atletico Madrid in action and a dead rubber Bayern game.
We might be shit but because of how many screw ups we do, we would have brought a lot of excitement in this tournament.

Canagel

For all the people who claim Zidane is tactically poor, he took Gasperini to school tonight. Also we're the only team in the world to play truly positionless football i think. Sometimes to our own disadvantage :lol:

We need another striker desperately, a world class one. Then shore the team up with starting quality backups
The old guard of Modric, Ramos and Benzema still carrying you man. What great players they have been.

One more big player in the front line and you would be serious contenders again

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Team did their job. Now don't screw up your part Tito Flo! P-O-R-T-O. In a pinch Dortmund will do as well

@carvajal @GatoLoco
I am probably a kamikaze Giorno but I want Bayern, or even Liverpool. Both teams want rematch, so let's go for it, for better or for worse.
Borussia would be nice with an open Bernabéu, to see Haaland, but now...meh.
Besides I don't see any real options to win the Champions, so I prefer them now than in the semi-finals.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I am probably a kamikaze Giorno but I want Bayern, or even Liverpool. Both teams want rematch, so let's go for it, for better or for worse.
Borussia would be nice with an open Bernabéu, to see Haaland, but now...meh.
Besides I don't see any real options to win the Champions, so I prefer them now than in the semi-finals.
I'd prefer to get to the final honestly, but i guess that's just me :lol:

Porto in QF and dortmund or chelsea in the semis please Tito Flo :drool::drool::drool:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You hope.

Otherwise, coming 2nd or 3rd in La Liga behind the team conquered by the 'mighty' Chelsea could prove unfortunate. :D
Nah, season is wank they can win their tin pot league all they want

CL is where it's at :D

But seriously, they will have to actually come out and play some football tomorrow, and they're actually pretty good at it. They might go out but if this turns into another snooze fest it will be because chelsea are just as good at turning games into snoozefests

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
You hope.

Otherwise, coming 2nd or 3rd in La Liga behind the team conquered by the 'mighty' Chelsea could prove unfortunate. :D
You mean the mighty Chelsea who didn’t get bounced to the farmers league after the group stage?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Atalanta goal last night

(6:32)

Have you ever seen something like this?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Its not just a Juventus-problem, its a Serie A problem, once Lazio get knocked out by Bayern, all Serie A teams will have been eliminated from the competition already, and all of their displays have been poor(Atalanta may have done okay in the first leg given the circumstances, but they barely threatened RM in the return leg, disappointing).

Blackwidow

Nübel for Neuer who has a cold, Coman out with muscular problems, Hernandez for Davies

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz and Ziyech, who do nothing to deserve a place, remain in the starting eleven. Werner a little more of the same.
Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, and Giroud on the bench.
What they have done to Giroud is so unfair.

And 2 goalkeepers and two left-backs on the bench ...

May luck be with you Tuchel because you don't do much to deserve it, I hope to be the wrong one in the end!

5yearsRanking

For the native English speakers on here : How does Tuchels english sound ? I think he does pretty well , but sometimes he sounds a little awkward.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
You dislike Nübel that much, huh?
No no it's not that, I just don't trust Flick's uber offensive tactics :D Neuer has been the final barrier to halt counter attacks in the past, so without him it could hurt Bayern.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No no it's not that, I just don't trust Flick's uber offensive tactics :D Neuer has been the final barrier to halt counter attacks in the past, so without him it could hurt Bayern.
Bayern have such a huge advantage though. Lazio need to score four goals to even get a conversation going. Other than Real Madrid and Heidenheim I can't even recall anyone ever scoring so much in Munich during the last decade.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Will be a tight game, we're a bit depleted with Christensen and Silva out. Can't fill the Bench with all the injuries and suspensions. Still a lot of quality in the team though. Good test.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Will be a tight game, we're a bit depleted with Christensen and Silva out. Can't fill the Bench with all the injuries and suspensions. Still a lot of quality in the team though. Good test.
How many senior team players do Chelsea have?