Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Classical Mechanic

Real will score again, we've already proven if teams get half a chance vs us we'll concede. I think this game rests on how many we score. Genuinely think we'll need 2 here.
Jesus on the left, Foden in the centre and Sterling on the right. If you go out then Pep deserves it. What is the rational for this?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Jesus on the left, Foden in the centre and Sterling on the right. If you go out then Pep deserves it. What is the rational for this?
Pep being Pep. He's obsessed with a false 9 in away games, he's often bench Aguero for Bernardo in there in big CL games.

Eddy_JukeZ

Mh, we've actually defended fairly well. Most of their chances(goal and foden chance) were self-inflicted
Your build-up from the back looks shaky. Ramos would have made it easier.

Wouldn't shock me if Varane or Militao have a mistake in them again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Jesus in the left, Foden in the centre and Sterling on the right. If you go out then Pep deserves it. What is the rational for this?
Pulling our CBs out and with the wide forwards cutting in behind them. Worked in the first leg

Still don't get why he keeps going away from getting Sterling against Carvajal

Renegade

Not really a fan of teams wearing their new kits before the season has ended.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's moved Sterling back to the left against Carvajal it seems and already a big chance

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Saved our bacon with the red card actually

And again, we're not defending badly here, just keep making dumb mistakes in build up

Modric doesn't have the legs for this game though. Need Valverde on
It's not as much about the defending but about his hierarchy and build up skills.

Zidane has some interesting options on the bench. I'm curious to know what is he thinking of to strengthen midfield.

Classical Mechanic

Pulling our CBs out and with the wide forwards cutting in behind them. Worked in the first leg

Still don't get why he keeps going away from getting Sterling against Carvajal
He played Sterling, Aguero and B Silva in their actual positions in that game didn’t he?

The front 3 he started with today we’re all out of position. I’ve never seen Foden play as an f9.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
For a £100 million player, you'd expect more than a few good moments, to be fair. I feel he just lacks the mentality to play for a super elite club. He's far too passive and doesn't stamp his personality on a game. One goal this season is simply unacceptable considering the standards he set at Chelsea.
Think he's been decent. Definitely not to blame.

He's also been injured during most of the season, you know.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Honestly and realistically, on basis of tonight’s performances, how far are we behind City or Madrid?

How would our end of season team and form compare in this game?

TsuWave

Real look pretty average.

Modric and Ramos (i know he's not playing) both pushing 34 years as well. Benzema & Marcelo 32. Eden Hudson Odoi doesn't look the same player he was in the prem.

This will take some rebuilding.

I reckon we could body these guys if we catch them in the CL next season.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Casemiro continuing to have trouble passing to his own players.

Also a terrible pass by Gundogan into Sterling

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Hazard is one of the most overrated players of all time. Great domestically, but never truely shone internationally. Not with Belgium, not in the CL.

Wayne's World

Not doing enough here Madrid. Going backwards and sidewards with no cutting edge at all.

Looks like it will have to be something stupid for City to give away a goal or something special

In Rainbows

Real look pretty average.

Modric and Ramos (i know he's not playing) both pushing 34 years as well. Benzema & Marcelo 32. Eden Hudson Odoi doesn't look the same player he was in the prem.

This will take some rebuilding.

I reckon we could body these guys if we catch them in the CL next season.
I agree, but they do have the early stages of a rebuild.

Odegaard
Kubo
Rodrygo
Vinicius

padr81

Supports
Man City
Hazard is one of the most overrated players of all time. Great domestically, but never truely shone internationally. Not with Belgium, not in the CL.
Wasn't he one of the best players at the world cup?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Have Sarri's teams always relied on looping balls into the box? Juve's attacking play looks well ordinary.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Pep dresses like a divorced dad who just doesn't give a shite anymore