Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Djemba-Djemba

That last second chance right before half time summed up the game so far.

Corner comes in, crap goalkeeping from Courtois, crap shot from Jesus that is going wide, then Ramos panics and nearly slices the ball into his own net.

Rubbish all round.

adz_87

Supports
Man City
I honestly wonder if Guardiola generally considers 0-0 away a good result.
Think he's clearly going for the keep it tight and nick a goal tactic. Think they'll do them at the Etihad. I wouldn't say it's a bad result.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Happy with the match so far.I wouldn't mind if ends 0-0.
Good pressure.Why is not Kroos? i guess he wants to keep someone fresh for el clásico.

SharpshooterTom

Think he's clearly going for the keep it tight and nick a goal tactic. Think they'll do them at the Etihad. I wouldn't say it's a bad result.
Not getting an away goal is risky.

City have hardly been invincible at home this year, 0-0 wouldn't be terrible result for Madrid either against an out of form City who are under pressure in Europe.

Djemba-Djemba

Maybe the stats suggest a 0-0 away from home is a good result but I've never liked when Utd have done that.

Always prefer to get an away goal.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tactically the managers have canceled each other out actually. The difference is we're without Hazard because he's injured, they're without sterling and aguero because Pep chose to leave them out

All 3 chances of the half came from individual mistakes. City have a better and deeper squad, and they're not missing their best player to injury either...

Make of that what you will

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And we need pace in attack if we're to be so scared of their counter that we leave Benzema alone in the box

Out Modric, drop Isco in midfield and throw in Bale i guess...

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Well, no. Laporte was a vital piece to their system and his absence has been a disaster, pretty much ruining their season. Fernandinho does a job there but in no way their back four is improved.
Aye, when Laporte plays they concede a goal every 169mins in the PL, when Fernandinho plays they concede a goal every 91mins. Laporte is a much better defender, surprised anyone would argue otherwise.

Lyricist

Maybe the stats suggest a 0-0 away from home is a good result but I've never liked when Utd have done that.

Always prefer to get an away goal.
Do the stats even suggest that?
First 0-0 away from home that springs to mind for me is last year's 0-0 at Anfield between the Scousers and Bayern. Game in Munich obviously went horribly wrong for Bayern.
Another one that's easy to remember is Malaga's and Dortmund's 0-0 in Malaga in 2013 because of the ridiculous return leg it produced, where Dortmund needed a fecking miracle to still progress, simply due to an away goal.

I think 0-0 away from home is a horribly dangerous result. Basically if you don't win the return leg at home, you're fecked. Compare that to a 1-1.

Canagel

Real will take 0-0. City are under the pressure and must score the away goal.

acnumber9

First 0-0 away from home that springs to mind for me is last year's 0-0 at Anfield between the Scousers and Bayern. Game in Munich obviously went horribly wrong for Bayern.
Another one that's easy to remember is Malaga's and Dortmund's 0-0 in Malaga in 2013 because of the ridiculous return leg it produced, where Dortmund needed a fecking miracle to still progress, simply due to an away goal.

I think 0-0 away from home is a horribly dangerous result. Basically if you don't win the return leg at home, you're fecked. Compare that to a 1-1.
Dortmund just needed to win the game. It wouldn’t have mattered if the first leg had finished 1-1.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane inverted Modric and Valverde? Good move imho

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This is Real under Zidane in CL for years, saved by few Ronaldo goals/luck/referees. That's basically their recipe for two CL medals. They even made City look decent in CL.

Teja

Tactically the managers have canceled each other out actually.
Have to disagree, City were much superior and growing in confidence each minute.

Valverde, no idea what he's doing. Modric has been contained, Casemiro doesn't offer much in attack anyway. RM attack is a bit toothless and absent individual errors, I don't think you will score.

Lyricist

Real have had what, that one chance for Benzema and Vinicius in the first half? Have they produced anything since??

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to disagree, City were much superior and growing in confidence each minute.

Valverde, no idea what he's doing. Modric has been contained, Casemiro doesn't offer much in attack anyway. RM attack is a bit toothless and absent individual errors, I don't think you will score.
And you think they will?

What it comes down to is he has a better and more talented side and he's focused on nullifying us instead of played to their strenghts

Of course a 0-0 draw would be a good result for them

Djemba-Djemba

We've suffered plenty with it.

Madrid in 2000
Monaco in 98
Sevilla in 2018.

I never like it.