Champions League - Round of 16 - 2nd Legs 5/6/12/13 March

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I really like Sané tonight. He has been a threat in attack and also won more than one crucial ball in defense

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Müller and Sané with more huge chances to bury this, but not quite.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Other than the Guardiola years (?), I feel like Bayern has been mostly using a 4231 formation for over a decade. Might be totally off on that though. Always got a rather classic #9 with fast wingers spamming crosses along with overlapping backs.

Marvin look out

About what you would expect from the 7th in La Liga and the 9th in Serie A. Real Sociedad are on a bad run having won only 1 of their last 9 games. They completely lost the momentum they had in the first half of the season.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Other than the Guardiola years (?), I feel like Bayern has been mostly using a 4231 formation for over a decade. Might be totally off on that though. Always got a rather classic #9 with fast wingers spamming crosses along with overlapping backs.
Yeah thats basically our DNA since van Gaal.
Also mostly under Guardiola.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yeah thats basically our DNA since van Gaal.
Also mostly under Guardiola.
But I think your usually inverted wingers score at least as much themselves as they assist/cross. And then there is Müller moving around everywhere necessary to keep the system ticking.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I reiterate that PSG don't look impressive but they have Mbappé and they defend well

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
You can't play 433 with Muller cos his average position is of a second striker. Musiala seems to be in the same mould

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's a bit dull. There's just no spice.
We got boring draws other than Inter-Atletico. Quarters should be much better

Now watch Madrid get shattered at home by Leipzig...

Blackwidow

You can't play 433 with Muller cos his average position is of a second striker. Musiala seems to be in the same mould
Müller and Musiala have an immense workrate for second strikers or a 10 - that is why it works!

Pavlovic is so great - he just is 19!

And - in matches like this we used the 4-2-3-1 with Guardiola, too. If we needed goals... Against Porto we played with Lahm as right winger and Raphinha als right full back as all wingers were injured.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern lined up in a 2242 in this game btw. 2box4 though the wingers(Kimmich and Guerreiro) are on the level of the advanced points of the box

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Real Sociedad get a consolation goal

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Müller and Musiala have an immense workrate for second strikers or a 10 - that is why it works!

Pavlovic is so great - he just is 19!

And - in matches like this we used the 4-2-3-1 with Guardiola, too. If we needed goals... Against Porto we played with Lahm as right winger and Raphinha als right full back as all wingers were injured.
I watched Pavlovic all game today and looks like he has a great future ahead of him

Might save us the need to splash on a DM

Also Germany needs to cap him

In game with Muller it becomes like a 442, sometimes 424 cos Muller spends more time in opponent box than the average 10. Muller coverage a lot of ground but he doesn't have the skillset to play in CM

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I shouldn't but :lol:
German, mate. Even a simple hello sounds like they're either ordering you to give them 50 suicides or insulting 5 generations of your ancestors over the sloppiness of your shirt collar

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
German, mate. Even a simple hello sounds like they're either ordering you to give them 50 suicides or insulting 5 generations of your ancestors over the sloppiness of your shirt collar
Could be worse. Could be Dutch. Which sounds like a German has a sore throat :devil:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Could be worse. Could be Dutch. Which sounds like a German has a sore throat :devil:
:D

But no. Dutch is funny. Makes them come off as ridiculous but in nice way

German is fecking scary. You sound like a bunch of hyperaggressive lunatics

Blackwidow

I watched Pavlovic all game today and looks like he has a great future ahead of him

Might save us the need to splash on a DM
Pavlo was class again today. If you think that he is a 19-year-old that had his first matches in the league end of 2023 and that was his first CL start!

He was not even the big star in youth - too small and behind in development. A local boy that was in the academy from about seven years on.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Pavlo was class again today. If you think that he is a 19-year-old that had his first matches in the league end of 2023 and that was his first CL start!

He was not even the big star in youth - too small and behind in development. A local boy that was in the academy from about seven years on.
Germany and Bayern needs a DM. I hope the DFB is not sleeping on him

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Carlo really leaning into the Midfield FC meme :lol:

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
City up. FCK apparently starting 3 teenagers, focusing on the league.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Another city goal. This is gonna get ugly.

Funniest thing so far has been one of the kids in the stand literally pouring what seemed to be a box of fries into his mouth like he hadn't eaten in days.