Champions league Semi Finals 2020-21 - April 27-28 and May 4-5

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
It changes something, but they defended okay in the 2nd half, but hardly created anything, dont see how Ramos and Mendy are going to help them much in creating chances.

RM are trailing, remember.
Ramos can help by offering a cleaner build up from the back, moving the back line forward and finding the ball aerially in set pieces. Mendy can help by not being Marcelo. As much as I love Marcelo he is a shadow of himself now and he leaves big spaces behind him that have to be covered by midfielders, who cannot focus on attacking as much as they would like.

Mendy and Valverde are two of the most physical players in the squad imo. They can improve things.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Ramos can help by offering a cleaner build up from the back, moving the back line forward and finding the ball aerially in set pieces. Mendy can help by not being Marcelo. As much as I love Marcelo he is a shadow of himself now and he leaves big spaces behind him that have to be covered by midfielders, who cannot focus on attacking as much as they would like.

Mendy and Valverde are two of the most physical players in the squad imo. They can improve things.
Yeah, and important to note that the presence of Mendy overlapping allows for Vinicius to move a bit more centrally. Thought he was too often isolated out on the wing last night.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Barcelona is crusing towards a domestic double, btw.
And RM have real chances of winning the league as well.

That doesn't change the fact that this underwhelming version of Barcelona isn't any better than this u
Fair enough, he might be up there in terms of numbers, just never done it for me I guess. As I said, good player no doubt, but doing it in Ligue 1 and for possibly one of the best Real Madrid teams ever, with all his off-the-pitch issues etc, I guess he never really stood out to me as someone I desperately wanted for United.
Playing for best Real Madrid doesn't necessarily mean you will score tons of goals anyway. if so we can apply the same logic to Cristiano who played for a great Man Utd and Real Madrid sides...unless you show me when was Cristiano a top scorer in World Cups (playing for a team like Portugal, which is far for being a great team or favorite to win trophies).

Also Ibra has tons of goals in Ligue 1(playing for PSG), and Lewandowski made his career in Bundesliga which is basically Bayern and Dortmund +16 ...but that doesn't mean their goals don't count.

tomaldinho1

Pep has a lot of experience completely overthinking things in the CL lately too and PSG made the final last season.

I don't understand why they're seen as massive underdogs. They have the best attacking duo in the world. If Mbappe/Neymar are firing, I think they'll cause serious serious problems.

Last time Pep faced a dangerous continental attack in the CL, he decided to man mark MSN at the Nou Camp like a madman and got lucky the 1st half before it unraveled in the 2nd half.
Yep - Pep should have done a lot better in the CL with City but he just seems to self sabotage. The teams he's been knocked out by are shocking - Monaco, Lyon, Spurs. If City setup normally and don't try anything fancy, I think they will easily control the game and win. I don't even think they are that good this year, they are more structured defensively and a well oiled possession machine, that, and there isn't a huge amount of elite competition around in the CL these days since Barca, Real, Pool, Juve are definitely not at previous heights. Would have loved to see them versus Bayern though, would have been fun.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
That would only be an issue if you needed the goals. Madrid can't finish (or create) much either. All they have is Benzema, don't fall for the Vinicius hype as we momentarily made him look good. It's all about Benzema and he'll only get one (chance and goal).

I think at least one of Mount or Pulisic will score. And that should be enough.
I dunno man. We cannot keep relying on our defence. Our attacks performances just aren't fair on the rest of the team. It's just like the city game in the cup we took the lead but we had chances to wrap the game up. Same with West Ham the other day and so many games before. Even when we went anfield. And we just do not take the chances. Then that just puts all the pressure on the back line.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This semi final is far from over for us. It is not like we have run away from an opponent in games. We didn't finish Porto off, but did enough to advance on aggregate. I like our chances, but nobody should be feeling really confident.

SATA

Is Ramos back for the second leg? No reason why Madrid can’t win at SB or get a 2-2 especially if Chelsea sit back most of the game. Although i have to say Chelsea don’t concede a lot these days!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Is Ramos back for the second leg? No reason why Madrid can’t win at SB or get a 2-2 especially if Chelsea sit back most of the game. Although i have to say Chelsea don’t concede a lot these days!
Believe he is expected to be fit again. Not sure about Mendy - last I heard he's still recovering from a calf injury. Of the two I think he's the bigger miss personally given the backup LBs are Marcelo and Nacho.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Yeah, I see a away goal win for Real or a Real win on penalties or something. Chelsea really should be going into the return leg 2-1 or 3-1 up. See that coming back to haunt them. Furthermore, they're not great in CL semi's, in the previous 7 they've been too they have only reached the final twice.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Will be interesting. We should have killed the tie when we had our foot on Real Madrid's throat in the first half, but now it's really an evenly balanced tie that could go either way. Mendy and Valverde will definitely add a different dimension to your team. Kroos and Modric looked a little leggy last night.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Marcelo is out of the second leg as he has been called up to work at a polling station.

Very strange but he was kinda wank last might anyway.
Spanish government intervening on Real Madrid's behalf yet again ffs

It hurts but :lol: :lol: :lol:
Believe he is expected to be fit again. Not sure about Mendy - last I heard he's still recovering from a calf injury. Of the two I think he's the bigger miss personally given the backup LBs are Marcelo and Nacho.
Kinda? As GatoLoco said, Sergio Ramos is a huge presence in our build up. Particularly against a team that presses as well as chelsea, he'd make a big difference acting as a dlp

Valverde being fit might be the key though, we couldn't live with Kante yesterday but with a fit Valverde that should change

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Kinda? As GatoLoco said, Sergio Ramos is a huge presence in our build up. Particularly against a team that presses as well as chelsea, he'd make a big difference acting as a dlp

Valverde being fit might be the key though, we couldn't live with Kante yesterday but with a fit Valverde that should change
Yeah actually think that's fair - especially as his distribution from deep could see one of Kroos / Modric benched for Valverde without too much sacrificed. Very good point!

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Will kova be back for the second leg ? He'd have got a lot of joy yesterday driving through the middle.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Will kova be back for the second leg ? He'd have got a lot of joy yesterday driving through the middle.
Tuchel said he is looking like he can get minutes vs Fulham, but not sure until he starts training. It would be helpful.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I didn't notice this during the game but how on earth did Carvajal get away with this one :lol:

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Tonight's City/PSG game should be amazing and I think it's impossible to call. City's football is great but with Neymar and Mbappe on the pitch anything can happen. My fear for City is that we miss too many good chances without a proper goalscorer in the team... unfortunately it's been the same story all season. Either way it should be fascinating to watch how it all pans out.

always_hoping

Is it really worth getting too excited for tonights EL Gasico/EL Cashico?

Plenty of Poch fan boys will have a keen interest no doubt and hoping his win over Pep in Quarter final stage 3 season doesn't prove to be a fluke. He is managing a far stronger team now and City are roughly the same level if not slightly weaker now.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Is it really worth getting too excited for tonights EL Gasico/EL Cashico?

Plenty of Poch fan boys will have a keen interest no doubt and hoping his win over Pep in Quarter final stage 3 season doesn't prove to be a fluke. He is managing a far stronger team now and City are roughly the same level if not slightly weaker now.
It wasn't?

Suedesi

This is Real Madrid's 4th draw in 5 games. That's not to say Chelsea played badly; they played quite well and could win the CL if they play like that. But RM have been running on fumes since half-time during the Clasico.

I'm afraid it's the end of the road for Zidane's boys.
He needs to prioritize the Cup over La Liga and he's jsut a game away from the final...

Suedesi

City are overrated, I'm yet to see them convincgly win a high stakes tie. Even with Dortmund, the fifth placed team in Germny, the ref choked off a regular goal at Etihad and gave a ridiculous penalty at Signal Iduna.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
City are overrated, I'm yet to see them convincgly win a high stakes tie. Even with Dortmund, the fifth placed team in Germny, the ref choked off a regular goal at Etihad and gave a ridiculous penalty at Signal Iduna.
Agreed.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Good that Marquinhos is back for Psg. the game will be won in the midfield. Gueye, parades and Verratti will need to have an amazing game to stop city.

This will be a game between the number 1 best managers in the world in pep vs the number 2 in poch. If poch wins here, he will become number 1 after beating city already in this competition Before.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Seems to me the standard of the CL has taken a but of a dive this season.
We definitely would be in a shout if we hadn't blown up so badly in the group after getting off to such a great start.

ForeverRed1

Good that Marquinhos is back for Psg. the game will be won in the midfield. Gueye, parades and Verratti will need to have an amazing game to stop city.

This will be a game between the number 1 best managers in the world in pep vs the number 2 in poch. If poch wins here, he will become number 1 after beating city already in this competition Before.
on What basis is poch the second best manager in the world? Genuine question? Not proven at this point at all

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

You think Poch is better than Zidane, Klopp, Tuchel...?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

You’re such a great troll, however saying that! Poch for number 1!