Champions League Semi Finals (9th - 17th May)

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
How is Tomori letting a 45 year old Dzeko do that to him

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Reading the article you don't think this is a little suspicious?

Los hechos analizados se remontan al 7 de mayo de 2001, cuando la Comunidad de Madrid, el Ayuntamiento de Madrid, y el Real Madrid firmaron un acuerdo para la recalificación de los terrenos de la Ciudad Deportiva madridista.

Como consecuencia del convenio, 30.000 metros cuadrados de terrenos considerados antes "equipamientos deportivos privados" y no urbanizables, pasaron a ser calificados genéricamente como terreno "terciario" o edificable. Posteriormente, parte de los derechos de edificabilidad de estos terrenos fueron vendidos a las empresas mencionadas

You obviously speak Spanish but for those who don't a quick recap says.

The community of Madrid, the city Council and Real Madrid came to an agreement in reclassifying the grounds where previously it was impossible to build habitable structures but was then made possible.

Anyone who has lived in Spain for a number of years knows these decisions are almost impossible to be reversed unless they have friends in very high places.
Well, what do you want me to say? The state (the region/community/county and the city), got a part of the lands thanks to this agreement which then sold to the aforementioned companies. They did not do it for free, you can also read it in the article.

The urban development agreement between the club, the City Council and the Community of Madrid stipulated the rezoning of the training grounds in exchange for the club ceding part of the land to the other two parties.
The lucky thing for Madrid (and also the City Council and the Community) is, when they acquired the lands in 1957, they were on the periphery of the city and 40 decades later they were on the business centre, the most expensive area of Madrid.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I haven't seen much of either team this season but looking at the teams beforehand I had Milan as slight favourites here. I was very wrong, they've been shite. Regardless both sides are playing for a runner-up medal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Milan’s attack tonight without Leao is an insight of what we would be like in a tough game without Rashford if we went the Harry Kane route this summer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't agree with that (15/16 aside).

Without him and Hazard in the second half of 14/15 we probably not only blow the title but also get dragged into a top four race.
He was practically unbeatable in Madrid. I don’t think he was quite at that level with us but he was still one of the top keepers around.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Why is everybody so pesimistic and depressed? Final is one game, everything is possible. Stop behaving like City won it all already.
Lot of people were sayin they will smash Chelsea few years ago. How did that one end?

marktan

Ac Milan are nothing without Leao. Literally their only attacking threat.

Either of this teams will lose quite easily to Real or City though. Will be one of the most one sided finals in recent history. The real final is the 2nd leg of the City/Real match.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am actually glad he is a starter, he is one of my favourite players ever being our best NT scorer of all times. I was just surprised because he was dropped a lot lately, and just goes to show how poor Lukaku is these days.

kidbob

Milan’s attack tonight without Leao is an insight of what we would be like in a tough game without Rashford if we went the Harry Kane route this summer.
AC haven't a single player of Kane's quality on the pitch. If Leao was playing they still wouldn't have anyone near Kane's quality on the pitch either. Harry Kane is much better than any player on either team playing tonight. Like stupidly better.

Canagel

Will Leao return for the 2nd leg? What a terrible time to be injured.

Sylar

So weird anytime I see a team and see 50 year old strikers like giroud or dzeko thinking that they are better than what we have

JagUTD

As unlikely as it is to actually happen, imagine if the Champions League and Europa League were won by Italian clubs this season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Must give it a go, used to watch it religiously on Channel 4 in the 90s (like most of us in those days).
Same here. It’s definitely worth your time. Very entertaining league to watch .

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Well, what do you want me to say? The state (the region/community/county and the city), got a part of the lands thanks to this agreement which then sold to the aforementioned companies. They did not do it for free, you can also read it in the article.

The lucky thing for Madrid (and also the City Council and the Community) is, when they acquired the lands in 1957, they were on the periphery of the city and 40 decades later they were on the business centre, the most expensive area of Madrid.
This is the champions league Semis thread mate. The Town planning thread is , eh somewhere else :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So weird anytime I see a team and see 50 year old strikers like giroud or dzeko thinking that they are better than what we have
They’ve both built their sides on the cheap. People meme on them being cheapskates, myself included, but they’ve done really well to make the most of what they have. I’m rooting for either of these to win the whole thing, as unlikely as that may be.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
AC haven't a single player of Kane's quality on the pitch. If Leao was playing they still wouldn't have anyone near Kane's quality on the pitch either. Harry Kane is much better than any player on either team playing tonight. Like stupidly better.
Doesn’t work like that. Harry Kane himself has had several, and I mean several games like Giroud is having tonight where he touches the ball a handful of times. And Harry Kane is as good as Harry Kane.

AC have no outlet and cannot stretch Inter to force their way into the game. Harry Kane being better than Giroud (which is even debatable on the biggest of stages anyway) wouldn’t change much.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
As unlikely as it is to actually happen, imagine if the Champions League and Europa League were won by Italian clubs this season.
Fiorentina is in the Conference League semi-finals as well ;)

But yeah, one cup woulld be enough - for Juve...

Teja

Why is everybody so pesimistic and depressed? Final is one game, everything is possible. Stop behaving like City won it all already.
Lot of people were sayin they will smash Chelsea few years ago. How did that one end?
I don't think anyone was saying that because Chelsea schooled them about 3 times before the final. Anyway, regardless of who wins here, the winner of the RM / City game would win the CL. There's no way either of these sides is good enough to stop RM / City.