Champions League Semi Finals (9th - 17th May)

Matt851

Other oil clubs like Chelsea and PSG have never played as well as City does and I think they've had more than one "half decent manager"
It's not just the manager though city have a great setup in terms of scouting, academy and making transfer decisions

TenHagsEmpire

Supports
Ajax
United dispatched Barcelona and now City dispatched Real Madrid. Are there any doubters left that the EPL is the strongest league on the planet?
Bad post. Trying to lump in United in City’s category of quality.
City demolished a fully healthy Madrid in the CL (Madrid’s tournament).
United narrowly beat Barca. Barca were without Dembele (both legs), Pedri (for most of 1st leg + whole 2nd leg, Gavi (2nd leg), and Busquets (1st leg). 4 key starters. And beat Barca by one goal. United were out some starters too, but not like Barca. Not comparable to what City just did.

Terry Kelly

When did Oil Citeh last have a penalty awarded against them or a player sent off ? Has it happened this season...think they've been awarded 17 pens themselves, which is nice for them..

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not native english-speaker so don't know if you are trying to make fun of me or not.

Whatever actually.

I do seem to smell some hate from the old big english clubs who are having miserable seasons if you account their expectations. Of course it is annoying seeing a club that spent far far less during the last seasons play in CL-final while yourselves aren't even in the competition.
Your English is a thousand times better than my Italian. Well all our hopes now rest with you.

Oranges038

Gavi

Mbappe, Vinicius, Gavi, Pedri, Bellingham. Nothing of note coming through?
5 players.... 2 of which are already well established... add Haaland and you have 6.

There's been a gap in the last 5 or 6 years of really top talent breaking through, as a result you have teams like Bayern, Real and Barca with aging stars and some young prospects but very little in between.

Who are the best players out there between 24 and 28? Kimmich? Bernardo Silva? Rodri? Grealish? Bruno? Mbappe? There's not that many.

AlPistacho

Can honestly say I didn’t see that coming. Even when City were dominating and had those 2-3 great chances I took it as “see RM are going to score with their first chance”. Even when City scored the first, and then second i still thought RM would find a way.

Didn’t watch the second half but when I checked scores was still expecting it to have gone into extra time.

I think Inter might just cause an upset. They’ll be so underestimated and disrespected going into the final… I think they might play the low block that City might just struggle against and then hit them on the break.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
This UCL final screams Spain-Italy Euro2012 or Bayern-Chelsea 2012.
Very disproportionate odds and expectations. 90% going to be the first outcome. Inter defensively aren't great at all.

Robertd0803

Inter are going to get absolutley destroyed arent they.

I suppose weve gotten enough favours of Real Madrid the last few years stopping Liverpool winning the CL multiple times, probably a bit much hoping they would eliminate City again.

lex talionis

and Sevilla smashed united so no
I wouldn't be so quick to reach that conclusion. When United faced Barcelona, we were up for it. When we faced Sevilla, we had pretty much wrapped up CL qualification anyway and by that time the player's legs were practically falling of their bodies. The less said about the shambolic refereeing in the first leg, the better.

The Purley King

If City play anywhere approaching their best inter will get annihilated.
I fear the same goes for us.
Best get ready for it……..

always_hoping

Ajax managed by Ten Hag knocking Real Madrid out the Champions league with a 4-1 win in the Bernabéu was still more impressive than what City did tonight.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Ajax managed by Ten Hag knocking Real Madrid out the Champions league with a 4-1 win in the Bernabéu was still more impressive than what City did tonight.
The game was far more interesting, but it was FAR from being more impressive. City totally obliterated Madrid tonight and totally controlled the game.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Can honestly say I didn’t see that coming. Even when City were dominating and had those 2-3 great chances I took it as “see RM are going to score with their first chance”. Even when City scored the first, and then second i still thought RM would find a way.

Didn’t watch the second half but when I checked scores was still expecting it to have gone into extra time.

I think Inter might just cause an upset. They’ll be so underestimated and disrespected going into the final… I think they might play the low block that City might just struggle against and then hit them on the break.
Lukaku will show Haaland who is the better version of him

always_hoping

The game was far more interesting, but it was FAR from being more impressive. City totally obliterated Madrid tonight and totally controlled the game.
Ajax was 2-1 behind, it was one of most historic and remarkable results in the history of competition and Real Madrid's biggest at home in European competition. Most expected with City's home record this year that Madrid's chance of getting to the final was blown by not winning the 1st leg and so it proved tonight.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
Ajax was 2-1 behind, it was one of most historic and remarkable results in the history of competition and Real Madrid's biggest at home in European competition. Most expected with City's home record this year that Madrid's chance of getting to the final was blown by not winning the 1st leg and so it proved tonight.
That match was easily more remarkable. Young Ajax squad playing at Bernabeu vs. substantially better squad than Real Madrid has today. Not even comparable.

That being said, i expected a loss - but going down with a ship. Once seeing line-up and Carlo`s ideas, i knew what awaits is absolute carnage. You cannot be that inept and demeaning, and produce such pedestrian tactical approach. As such. Carlo being 1,2,3 reason for such loss. Second being issues with squad.

Everything has aligned for City. The main reason being depression which has hit top football. If they have played something better than Inter in the final, it would be likely "the best coach ewah" would choke again. But honestly, i just don`t see how can Inter avoid trashing let alone win it.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
What an awful take! Are you watching the game?

Arguably the best player on the pitch and toying with Madrid.

If he was French or Spanish you'd be fawning over him. :lol:
I really wouldn't be. He does nothing. Gets the ball, dives, doesn't progress the ball or affect the game at all.

Real Name

Oh well. A treble and 3 titles in a row. After all the money spent it had to happen. Silver lining its not Liverpool doing it, but soon there wont be any silver linings nor things to make us feel better.

Pintu

Guardiola didn't need more than 3 years to assemble a team to really play his system. They smashed the Premier League in his second season, getting a 100 points, scoring 106 goals.
It took him 5 years to get them back to a CL semifinal. (They were there the year before him..)

Thunderhead

Supports
City
When did Oil Citeh last have a penalty awarded against them or a player sent off ? Has it happened this season...think they've been awarded 17 pens themselves, which is nice for them..
conceded pens against Arsenal, Fulham and United

Cancello was sent off against Fulham

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
Despite all of the talk about City, I really didn’t expect to see Madrid get a roasting like that.

I think it was a mistake to play Kroos and Modric together (wasn’t that the talk at the beginning of the season). Camavinga is also wasted at LB.

As for City, feel when it a club like that get’s hold of their first CL, the completion loses some of its romanticism, because it still feels all a bit artificial.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They did 7-3. 4 goal margin the biggest win in the final, will anyone be surprised if this City side match or better that margin of victory in this final?
It'll be a cl final still and all the mental baggage that comes with it so to be honest I doubt we'll see any outrageous scorelines in the end or at least I hope so.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I wouldn't be so quick to reach that conclusion. When United faced Barcelona, we were up for it. When we faced Sevilla, we had pretty much wrapped up CL qualification anyway and by that time the player's legs were practically falling of their bodies. The less said about the shambolic refereeing in the first leg, the better.
you’re having a mare. Barca also had a ton of injuries in that second leg, the epl is very overrated, even arsenal got dumped by benfica. City is the best team in the world but the rest of the league doesn’t have much to brag about

Ronaldo's Love Child

It's depressing isn't it?

We could spend £ 200 million this summer and STILL be leaning on Rashford, Sancho, Fred and DDG to carry us to some glory.

I'm not only worried about our player recruitment. I'm worried about what style of play ETH is aiming for. By all accounts, he has had to compromise his preferred style of play to accommodate deficiences in our squad. So, any new recruits this summer, are they being signed to play in ETH's compromised tactics or his ideal tactic?

Real Name

It's depressing isn't it?

We could spend £ 200 million this summer and STILL be leaning on Rashford, Sancho, Fred and DDG to carry us to some glory.

I'm not only worried about our player recruitment. I'm worried about what style of play ETH is aiming for. By all accounts, he has had to compromise his preferred style of play to accommodate deficiences in our squad. So, any new recruits this summer, are they being signed to play in ETH's compromised tactics or his ideal tactic?
What exactly is Rashford doing in that bunch?

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Inter could beat City however this City team is playing with such entitlement. They really know it’s theirs this year. It’s a loss for football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It'll be a cl final still and all the mental baggage that comes with it so to be honest I doubt we'll see any outrageous scorelines in the end or at least I hope so.
This is not a side carrying mental baggage. The final will be inter scared because it's once-in-a-lifetime for them vs City playing like starving wolves. It will be over inside of 25 minutes

Real Name

He had a purple patch earlier this season. Let's talk again same time next year and I will happily retract.
Earlier this season? He has 25 goals in all competitons this year.
Laughable comment but expected from an obvious hater of the player which there are loads here sadly.

Ronaldo's Love Child

This is not a side carrying mental baggage. The final will be inter scared because it's once-in-a-lifetime for them vs City playing like starving wolves. It will be over inside of 25 minutes
All we can do is wish that Pep has another meltdown and plays Grealish in defence or some weird shit like that.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Earlier this season? He has 25 goals in all competitons this year.
Laughable comment but expected from an obvious hater of the player which there are loads here sadly.
Mate-I've been watching him for the last few seasons. He's been AWOL for a few seasons. Yes-he has scored 25 goals in all competitions this season. Martial scored 20 goals in one season for us......