Championship: Charlton vs United Women | March 24th - United win 1-2

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

We beat them 3-0 at home, but they aren't a soft touch - particularly after a tough week for us, where our mind was on other things. Charlton drew with Durham 2-2 at the weekend which means they're only two points behind us (though we do have a game in hand over them).

Spurs are only one point below us, so any points dropped will be noticed.

Grande

We beat them 3-0 at home, but they aren't a soft touch - particularly after a tough week for us, where our mind was on other things. Charlton drew with Durham 2-2 at the weekend which means they're only two points behind us (though we do have a game in hand over them).

Spurs are only one point below us, so any points dropped will be noticed.
We’re going to London on to buses this Sunday to compete with Spurs on two fronts. But this is the most important game. I think the games against Charlton, Durham and Spurs are going to be heavily decisive in the bid for promotion, as the divide to the other teams in the league is so big, Spurs will likely claim maximum points from them.

RedPamie

Worried. The last time we played a tough team away after a cup game, we lost.

I reckon we'll go back to Ella Toone, Charlie Devlin, maybe Aimee Palmer who get some rest.

Andersons Dietician

Must be bad if they are sending people back to the changing room. Hopefully she is ok. Must be a break if they are sending them away you would think.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
They won't when the men have a game on the same day. The men take priority.
Plus it's quite hard for them to do the aways. Everton I think was a special case - local match so easy for us to send kit/personnel - big game - no clash with other live coverage.

But as you say, on a men's match day, MUTV is more or less 100% on pre-match buildup etc.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Am surprised that there isn't one at the ground? A reply on CAFC twitter said it's been called.
Would be interesting to know if this is common place where football is concerned. There might be criteria regarding the crowd size etc as to if they have one ready on site.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I must admit I thought it was part of the WSL Championship rules - one of the reasons why the costs had gone up too high for clubs like Doncaster, but apparently not.

The United fans there seem pretty rattled by it. I guess we're just not used to women's football.