Championship quality players starting for us

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
McTominay, James and yes of course Jesse fecking Lingard starting for a club who are supposed to be the biggest in the world is completely and utterly unacceptable. The three of them would get nowhere near the starting eleven of any of the other top 6, probably not even top 10, certainly not Leicester, Wolves and Everton. How has it come to this? Our right wing and our centre midfield Pogba aside is relegation standard. Not even hyperbole, look at the individuals, it's not even midtable level.

Great goal by James btw. He's got potential, but right now he's Derby/Leeds level. He should be an impact sub and nothing more.

Red_toad

McTominay, James and yes of course Jesse fecking Lingard starting for a club who are supposed to be the biggest in the world is completely and utterly unacceptable. The three of them would get nowhere near the starting eleven of any of the other top 6, probably not even top 10, certainly not Leicester, Wolves and Everton. How has it come to this? Our right wing and our centre midfield Pogba aside is relegation standard. Not even hyperbole, look at the individuals, it's not even midtable level.

Great goal by James btw. He's got potential, but right now he's Derby/Leeds level. He should be an impact sub and nothing more.
Great timing

Keep making crap threads :lol:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

You gonna explain that? One word doesn't invalidate my point. McTominay and James have potential, but right now are Championship players. Lingard is Watford level AT BEST.

Great timing

Keep making crap threads :lol:
Real crap thread yeah. We have players in our starting eleven that would get nowhere near the first team squads of Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern, PSG, City, Liverpool.. Need I go on? Because I can, there's plenty more. They would be sold or discarded instantly. I thought we were the biggest club in the world? You guys have just lowered your standards and are probaby happy finishing 6th with 10 losses. Us and AC Milan are the biggest fallen giants in football and are both completely pathetic. Our fanbase is becoming like Everton's. It's weak and it's sad.

Last edited:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Mctominay isn’t championship level. James and lingard I will agree somewhat. However, the blame is on our board for selecting bad manager. We have outspent most of our rivals and our squad should be similar to City. Our managers have been prioritizing the wrong players. Hiring Pochettino would have solved this.

Zoo

You gonna explain that? One word doesn't invalidate my point. McTominay and James have potential, but right now are Championship players. Lingard is Watford level AT BEST.

Real crap thread yeah. We have players in our starting eleven that would get nowhere near the first team squads of Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern, PSG, City, Liverpool.. Need I go on? Because I can, there's plenty more. They would be sold or discarded instantly. I thought we were the biggest club in the world? You guys have just lowered your standards and are probaby happy finishing 6th with 10 losses. Us and AC Milan are the biggest fallen giants in football and are both completely pathetic. Our fanbase is becoming like Everton's. It's weak and it's sad.
I don’t think McTominay and James are Championship level players. Like you said they have potential, have shown good things already and will improve. Lingard on the other hand.. well it’s clear that Ole has a blind spot with him.

Josep Dowling

Mctominay isn’t championship level. James and lingard I will agree somewhat. However, the blame is on our board for selecting bad manager. We have outspent most of our rivals and our squad should be similar to City. Our managers have been prioritizing the wrong players. Hiring Pochettino would have solved this.
I agree Pochettino should have been our only target as manager. Not sure he would want to come to us though given the state of Spurs and United now. We are certainly on the way down and still going.

However I think Solskjaer targets were good in the summer. I still think James was a waste of time even though he has two goals. Buying yet another LW when we don’t have a RW makes no sense to me. The biggest issue we have is we needed 3 more players. When Martial or Rashford gets injured, which will happen, we are reliant on a 17 year old. State of this club is just depressing.

Roboc7

McTominay and Lingard don’t start every week at any team in top half without a doubt. They should be squad players who are going into every game wondering f if they’ll make the bench, it’s comical they are two thirds of our midfield.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

I don’t think McTominay and James are Championship level players. Like you said they have potential, have shown good things already and will improve. Lingard on the other hand.. well it’s clear that Ole has a blind spot with him.
Dan James literally played in the championship last season, he played 38 games, scored 5 goals and got 10 assists. He didn't flounder, but he certainly didn't look a level above either. He was at the standard of the league. McTominay is not as good as some centre mids who play in the championship right now, he would not be the best player in that league. He would be a good Championship player. Mount, McGinn, Grealish and Cantwell all played in the Championship last season and are all comfortably better footballers than Scott. I'm not even hating on them, Lingard is a far bigger problem, but I think it's fair to say they are both upper tier Championship level players right now and should not be starting for Manchester United. I honestly don't think I'm being harsh here.

Amadaeus

I agree Pochettino should have been our only target as manager. Not sure he would want to come to us though given the state of Spurs and United now. We are certainly on the way down and still going.

However I think Solskjaer targets were good in the summer. I still think James was a waste of time even though he has two goals. Buying yet another LW when we don’t have a RW makes no sense to me. The biggest issue we have is we needed 3 more players. When Martial or Rashford gets injured, which will happen, we are reliant on a 17 year old. State of this club is just depressing.
I also think Ole target was good. He prioritized fixing the defense first before the attack and midfield. That might have been the wrong approach though because we all knew that we were in dire need of a right attacker and a holding midfielder.

Awb and Maguire gives us a solid foundation in the back. I thought James was bought to be a super sub and exploit the tiredness of opposition late in the game. I never expected him to start, especially on the right. These three signing is a good start and I feel like the rebuild can’t be done in one window.

However, even though Ole target hasn’t been to bad, I don’t believe he is the right manager to take us forward. We need an experienced manager with a proper Philosophy. Same way Manchester City found success with Pep and Liverpool found success with Klopp, I believe United will find success with Pochettino as he has the managerial competence and emotional intelligence needed to be a top United manager. Spurs are starving him with limitations. At United, those limitations won’t be there and we can finally have an established manager where there will be no doubt about his capabilities.

Josep Dowling

I also think Ole target was good. He prioritized fixing the defense first before the attack and midfield. That might have been the wrong approach though because we all knew that we were in dire need of a right attacker and a holding midfielder.

Awb and Maguire gives us a solid foundation in the back. I thought James was bought to be a super sub and exploit the tiredness of opposition late in the game. I never expected him to start, especially on the right. These three signing is a good start and I feel like the rebuild can’t be done in one window.

However, even though Ole target hasn’t been to bad, I don’t believe he is the right manager to take us forward. We need an experienced manager with a proper Philosophy. Same way Manchester City found success with Pep and Liverpool found success with Klopp, I believe United will find success with Pochettino as he has the managerial competence and emotional intelligence needed to be a top United manager. Spurs are starving him with limitations. At United, those limitations won’t be there and we can finally have an established manager where there will be no doubt about his capabilities.
I don’t expect the build to be done in one summer but we could and should have bought more players. We shouldn’t need to sell Lukaku to buy players. We should have got someone in before that. I really doubt we were genuinely interested in Dybala, it was just a way to appease fans that we were trying to sign a world class player. If we had him now the side would look so much better.

If we do have a tighter budget we just need to be smarter in the market. Blowing all your budget on one player when you have gaps all over the squad just doesn’t make sense to me. We did it with Pogba, then Lukaku and exactly the same thing with Maguire. We have seen good quality players go to clubs for £30-40m which we could have bought. Tielemans, Ndombele, Cebellos. There’s no excuse other than poor scouting and negotiation skills.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Imagine being thick enough to single out Daniel James after that match today, unbelievable.

Alabaster Codify7

Championship, no. That's an exaggeration. However, there is a list of United players in 19/20 that would be perfectly at home playing for West Ham, Southampton etc and many of them are starting for us week in, week out. And will do so all season long.

This is why we are a midtable team. You get what you pay for, or what you tolerate.

Will Singh

Everytime one opens there mouth is a reaction to something, just because you can't express your opinion under emotional circumstances doesn't mean others can't. Does my fecking head in when people just say knee jerk to stop others expressing there opinion.

Zoo

Everytime one opens there mouth is a reaction to something, just because you can't express your opinion under emotional circumstances doesn't mean others can't. Does my fecking head in when people just say knee jerk to stop others expressing there opinion.
Okay carry on. So will I.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Imagine being thick enough to single out Daniel James after that match today, unbelievable.
He was decent today and took his goal well. I think his overall ability level right now is about Leeds level. How does that make me thick? It's just childish to resort to insults mate.

Championship, no. That's an exaggeration. However, there is a list of United players in 19/20 that would be perfectly at home playing for West Ham, Southampton etc and many of them are starting for us week in, week out. And will do so all season long.

This is why we are a midtable team. You get what you pay for, or what you tolerate.
McTominay would not be Leeds or Derby or Fulham's best player. He'd start, but he wouldn't be a star player for them. He's upper Championship level.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was decent today and took his goal well. I think his overall ability level right now is about Leeds level. How does that make me thick? It's just childish to result to insults mate.
If you think he's not shown to be premier league level so far, then I don't know what to tell you.

Will Singh

If your management is championship level so will be everything else they control. We need winners at the top so it has a winning effect down to the players etc. I won't judge James as others have as he is young and only just got here but wtf is JlingZ doing anywhere near a PL team is beyond me.

R'hllor

Yea quality thats our philosophy, buy quality, buy world class, thats our solution for everything and then do feck all with them on training pitch.

minoo-utd

Not James he has potential. But the others yes. Ole is gambling or he is still living in the 90s.

Amadaeus

I don’t expect the build to be done in one summer but we could and should have bought more players. We shouldn’t need to sell Lukaku to buy players. We should have got someone in before that. I really doubt we were genuinely interested in Dybala, it was just a way to appease fans that we were trying to sign a world class player. If we had him now the side would look so much better.

If we do have a tighter budget we just need to be smarter in the market. Blowing all your budget on one player when you have gaps all over the squad just doesn’t make sense to me. We did it with Pogba, then Lukaku and exactly the same thing with Maguire. We have seen good quality players go to clubs for £30-40m which we could have bought. Tielemans, Ndombele, Cebellos. There’s no excuse other than poor scouting and negotiation skills.
I agree. I had this argument with another poster and I agree that rather than blowing our budget on one player we might have been better of dispersing it among a couple if we had a tight budget. Arsenal and Spurs are great example of teams that did this. Maybe Ole just taught he will have more time and he can build from the back first by being the most expensive players, then during the next window, buy the most expensive attackers and midfielder as well.

GenZRed

McTominay was one of our better players when we were chasing the game. I attended the Chelsea game last season at OT and when he came on I was impressed at what I saw from him. He certainly is not Championship standard.

cruseofried

What today showed quite clearly was the absolute lack of creative cohesion in the supply chain. I feel genuinely sorry for Pogba in that he is trying to do the work of two. It's going to be a while before we see any real improvement. Trying to flood an already flooded area is not a good idea and shows a lack of both skill and tactics. Although our defence has been updated, they were directly responsible for the two goals both of which came from glaringly inadequate defensive work with the keeper equally at fault for the second. Can't wait for the games against you know who.:D

edgecutter

McTominay and Lingard don’t start every week at any team in top half without a doubt. They should be squad players who are going into every game wondering f if they’ll make the bench, it’s comical they are two thirds of our midfield.
Blame the board for that