Charles De Ketelaere

Ekeke

20 year old Belgian attacking midfielder who plays for Brugge and put in a strong performance as a lone striker/false 9 in a 1-1 draw with PSG in the champions league this week. Potential to be the closest thing to another De Bruyne, this time left footed

3 goals and 2 assists from 7 matches in the Belgian league this season. Young player to keep an eye on his progress for sure.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
More Havertz than De Bruyne.

Jibbs

We already have two left footed young attacking midfielders we signed last year. Amad snd Pellistri.

Ekeke

We already have two left footed young attacking midfielders we signed last year. Amad snd Pellistri.
What does that have to do with anything? This is the football forum, not the transfer forum

Even worse, you don't know which foot Pellistri prefers

Thiagoal

A Belgian mate of mine has been raving about this kid for years. Interestingly, he’s seen as more of an 8 than attacking forward. I personally see a lot of De Bruynes qualities in him

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Was brilliant against psg. Him and Lang played at a nearly world class level. It was no surprised that he got recognition after that game. He seems to have a high football IQ watching him play vs psg. Definitely someone to watch out for

hungrywing

Has he adhered to the code of chivalry.

Name sounds like he'd be immortalized in song for storming and/or defending castles for his lord around 1000-1500 AD.

Ekeke

Played well and got an assist tonight in a 2-1 victory for Club Bruges over RB Leipzig. He was again up front

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Vanaeken has been on fire lately too. I say lately, it was the same last season tbh.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
A Belgian mate of mine has been raving about this kid for years. Interestingly, he’s seen as more of an 8 than attacking forward. I personally see a lot of De Bruynes qualities in him
Not at all, if anything he's closer to a striker than an attacking midfielder.

Don't really get the KDB comps, they are not alike in position nor style and De Bruyne destroyed our league when he was De Ketelaere's age in a much worse team than this current Bruges side.

SparkedIntoLife

Wasn’t great today for Belgium vs. Republic of Ireland but remains a massive talent.

His current manager Alfred Schreuder was Ten Hag’s assistant at Ajax for a while. He also managed at Hoffenheim and assisted Nagelsmann so Ralf will likely know him. You can bet Ralf and ETH will be clued in on De Ketelaere.

Also, assuming there is any truth to the rumours of Paul Mitchell coming to United, he will know CDK well as he took the former Club Brugge manager Philippe Clement to Monaco in January.

I’m telling you now - we’re signing this guy in the Summer. He will be our Firmino. He can also play as a target man ala Haller. He’ll be £30m tops and it’ll be a steal.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Is he really that good? Googling his stats and they seem "meh" at best.

Cantonagotmehere

Wasn’t great today for Belgium vs. Republic of Ireland but remains a massive talent.

His current manager Alfred Schreuder was Ten Hag’s assistant at Ajax for a while. He also managed at Hoffenheim and assisted Nagelsmann so Ralf will likely know him. You can bet Ralf and ETH will be clued in on De Ketelaere.

Also, assuming there is any truth to the rumours of Paul Mitchell coming to United, he will know CDK well as he took the former Club Brugge manager Philippe Clement to Monaco in January.

I’m telling you now - we’re signing this guy in the Summer. He will be our Firmino. He can also play as a target man ala Haller. He’ll be £30m tops and it’ll be a steal.
Love this type of signing, hope it works out.

Ekeke

SparkedIntoLife

Is he really that good? Googling his stats and they seem "meh" at best.
Yes. I totally agree on the stats but, prior to this season, he was playing in many deeper positions (including AM, RW and LWB). He’s only really been a striker permanently this season and he’s just turned 21. His all round play is really good and he makes others better around him. I’ve heard so many Belgian fans rave about him, it’s unbelievable.

We defo need a striker, maybe 2. Nunez and Isak are overpriced and overrated. Nkunku’s an AM. Abraham is ridiculous money. As Fergie would say ‘there’s a lack of value in the market’. This guy will be good value and he’ll be tremendous. We’d be fools to miss out while he’s more than reasonably priced.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've always wanted a False 9 type player in our squad.

He seems like that type of player. Also reminds me of Havertz. If we can get him for a relatively decent price it wouldn't be bad because I feel our squad lack left footed players aswell.

However I have a feeling that he might end up at Liverpool because Firmino's time maybe up.

Milphi

Too lightweight at the moment. Feels like he’s stalled this season. Definetely nog ready yet for United or another European topclub and will probably never be. He would sit on the bench a lot and wither. Needs to go to a stronger league and evolve. To me it feels like he’s gonna have a Praet like career.

SparkedIntoLife

Seems he’s off to AC Milan along with Noa Lang and Enzo Fernandez. He’s had a patchy season but remains incredibly talented and I suspect he’ll be top drawer when his body fills out a bit. He’s a clever guy with a great attitude.

I really hope United have looked at him and passed for a legitimate, good reason as I can’t help thinking he’d have been perfect for us. He’d have been happy developing in rotation with Ronaldo for a year while also filling in on the wide right or number 10 role. At 6 foot 3, he has superb technique so could play the false 9 and a target man roles (the latter position requires him to strengthen up a bit). He’s costing around 30m which I believe will be a steal. We don’t have a huge transfer budget considering all the needs in our squad so young, versatile players with huge potential like CDK and Timber would’ve been ideal.

Well done Milan. Although I’m envious, it’s great to see them returning as a top club again.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Seems he’s off to AC Milan along with Noa Lang and Enzo Fernandez. He’s had a patchy season but remains incredibly talented and I suspect he’ll be top drawer when his body fills out a bit. He’s a clever guy with a great attitude.

I really hope United have looked at him and passed for a legitimate, good reason as I can’t help thinking he’d have been perfect for us. He’d have been happy developing in rotation with Ronaldo for a year while also filling in on the wide right or number 10 role. At 6 foot 3, he has superb technique so could play the false 9 and a target man roles (the latter position requires him to strengthen up a bit). He’s costing around 30m which I believe will be a steal. We don’t have a huge transfer budget considering all the needs in our squad so young, versatile players with huge potential like CDK and Timber would’ve been ideal.

Well done Milan. Although I’m envious, it’s great to see them returning as a top club again.
Wow, really? I think he would have been completely wasted at United (at least under Ole and Rangnick, maybe would be better under Ten Hag if he implements his own style). Always get the feeling he's like a Pep player whenever I watch him, great at making quick and smart decisions, doesn't need much room to operate in and has great technique and ball control. Also knows how to score a goal.

Haven't seen any reliable journo in Belgium report in a deal to AC Milan by the way. If anything, the most "concrete" report just came in this morning:

Leicester preparing an offer and is the most interested club so far - Milan needs a new owner before they can finalize anything.

SparkedIntoLife

Wow, really? I think he would have been completely wasted at United (at least under Ole and Rangnick, maybe would be better under Ten Hag if he implements his own style). Always get the feeling he's like a Pep player whenever I watch him, great at making quick and smart decisions, doesn't need much room to operate in and has great technique and ball control. Also knows how to score a goal.

Haven't seen any reliable journo in Belgium report in a deal to AC Milan by the way. If anything, the most "concrete" report just came in this morning:

Leicester preparing an offer and is the most interested club so far - Milan needs a new owner before they can finalize anything.
Isn’t Tavolieri considered Tier 1?

I understand what you mean regarding CDK stylistically but I feel CDK is a hybrid player - great technically but also works hard. Jupiler Pro League data is a little harder to find/analyse but I recall CDK having impressive pressing stats.

Ten Hag has obviously shown preference for the target man type in Haller (who is actually very good in link up play) but played a false 9 in Tadic to great effect. I just feel de Ketelaere has the potential to play either of these styles, though he’s probably not as quick/dynamic as Tadic.

When I said perfect for United, I was more meaning that our priority is DM so I don’t feel we can afford 60m on someone like Nunez while also paying a similar amount for someone like De Jong. CDK for 30m is, IMHO, the best value for an attacker that is on the market this Summer. He’s probably 2 years off being the finished article but Ronaldo is around to take the heat off of him. He’s creative enough to not solely be judged on goal scoring stats.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Virtually no injury history. Has been steadily improving season on season, 9 goals and 5 assists as a striker in 20 matches (5 more league goals in another 13 matches where he was deployed at LW, CM, AM). Very high technical level for such a tall lad and only 21.

Seems so obvious that he'll at least double his value in 1-2 seasons. Would be quite handy to have, albeit he'd play a lot less from the left and be deployed through the centre. Could link up in that false nine quite nicely, a lot better with his back to goal than anyone in our team currently, though he's not a typical lone forward (yet).

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Reported there's been a 30m (euro) offer from Leeds, but that he wants to go to AC Milan who are looking to spend 20m.

SparkedIntoLife

If Ronaldo is going for circa 14m and Pereira for 10m plus 3m add ons, these sales would pretty much pay for De Ketelaere. Pretty much every other striker (albeit false 9) of similar potential are going for at least double his price this Summer. Ideally we’d have kept Ronaldo to mentor him and ease his transition, as he’s a couple of years away from being top drawer. He needs to bulk up and become more clinical. Having said that, it feels a no brainer for the price and Milan are taking too long to get it over the line.

EtH

He’s mint. We will regret not being in for him.

tidraKS

If Ronaldo is going for circa 14m and Pereira for 10m plus 3m add ons, these sales would pretty much pay for De Ketelaere. Pretty much every other striker (albeit false 9) of similar potential are going for at least double his price this Summer. Ideally we’d have kept Ronaldo to mentor him and ease his transition, as he’s a couple of years away from being top drawer. He needs to bulk up and become more clinical. Having said that, it feels a no brainer for the price and Milan are taking too long to get it over the line.
We should keep Ronaldo away from the club. He's that selfish he can mentor himself only.