"Cheers Mate"

Broo

Get a brew on
Did anyone watch Rio and Ronaldo being interviewed on Setanta after the game. When Rio handed Ronnie the champagne, Ronnie put on a cockney accent and said "cheers mate". Cracked me up, it did. His English is getting a lot better and he was laughing when Rio was being sarcastic about his goal and the performance "it was alright".

Love the boy. In every possible way. He could definitely turn me gay.

twitter thread suggester
Here's the interview:

Rio reveals Fergie rollicking
Rio Ferdinand told Setanta Sports that he and his team-mates had been on the receiving end of some of the legendary Sir Alex Ferguson hairdryer treatment at half-time of their 6-0 thrashing of Newcastle on Saturday.

It was goalless at Old Trafford going into the break but United simply steamrollered their managerless opposition in the second period, with Cristiano Ronaldo helping himself to his first hat-trick for the club.

Ferdinand, who also got his name on the scoresheet, conceded that the first-half performance was not up to scratch, but that a few choice words from Ferguson had had the desired effect.

"The first half was a bit stop-start, we didn't finish our chances and were frustrated,” he told Setanta Sports 1.

"We got a bit of a telling-off at half-time but came out and produced the goods."

The England defender was also full of praise for the continued fine form of Ronaldo, pinpointing the Portuguese’s ability to step up to the plate and produce the goods when his team need him most.

“He's been doing it for two years now and long may it continue,” Ferdinand continued. "It's about time he had a hat-trick and he's done it today."

“When you need a goal it seems him, Wazza [Wayne Rooney] or Carlos [Tevez] get us out of it."
Ronaldo added: "It's a special day, I'm very happy for the win and going top of the league is most important."

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Did anyone watch Rio and Ronaldo being interviewed on Setanta after the game. When Rio handed Ronnie the champagne, Ronnie put on a cockney accent and said "cheers mate". Cracked me up, it did. His English is getting a lot better and he was laughing when Rio was being sarcastic about his goal and the performance "it was alright".

Love the boy. In every possible way. He could definitely turn me gay.[/QUOTE]

A bit too far I think!:lol:

Who says Fergie has lost it?

Once again he shows what a legend of a manager he is. The players were misfiring but he still could focus them to come out and perform as a team to perfection.

roonaldo78

Did anyone watch Rio and Ronaldo being interviewed on Setanta after the game. When Rio handed Ronnie the champagne, Ronnie put on a cockney accent and said "cheers mate".
:lol:

That was classic.