Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
just await the knee jerk fans claiming he is now a poor manager and the wheels have come off. Usual shite
When we lose games, people will question him. He doesn't quite have the credit in the bank that Pep and Klopp do, unfortunately.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
4 is the lowest ever, thats our record. How many did you concede?
4, but of course we didn't win it.

Group games
2-1 vs Thun
2-1 vs Ajax
2-0 vs Sparta Prague
3-0 vs Sparta Prague
1-0 vs Thun
0-0 vs Ajax

Round 16
1-0 vs Real
0-0 vs Real

Quarter Final
2-0 vs Juventus
0-0 vs Juventus

Semi
1-0 vs Villarreal
0-0 vs Villarreal

Final
1-2 vs Barcelona

Think we set a then Champions League record of 10 clean sheets in a row. Ironic when considering the defence we were using.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea have conceded 3 goals this season.

Mohammed Salah, Gabriel Jesus and now Chiesa.

"Chiesa" is the Italian word for church.

We play Southampton next, what's their nickname again? Oh shit.

Redfrog

I know Chelsea are good and all but they seem a bit boring to me. I watched the United game so didn’t see them against Juventus but when I saw that there was one shot on goal for each team all game, I suppose it was a core to watch.
They control games but are very boring.
What does Chelsea fans thinks ? Would you accept that if you didn’t win the champions league this way ?

duffer

Scout
I know Chelsea are good and all but they seem a bit boring to me. I watched the United game so didn’t see them against Juventus but when I saw that there was one shot on goal for each team all game, I suppose it was a core to watch.
What does Chelsea fans thinks ? Would you accept that if you didn’t win the champions league this way ?
Chelsea won't accept a "fun" style of play if it doesn't bring trophies, let alone a boring one.

Redfrog

Chelsea won't accept a "fun" style of play if it doesn't bring trophies, let alone a boring one.
So do you agree the style is boring ?
I know you are not used to attacking winning football. The only time I remember you winning the league by playing entertaining football was under Ancelloti.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Juve essentially sat back and defended the box for 90 minutes, so that contributed to the lacklustre game, but yeah Chelsea absolutely lacked a creative spark.

The biggest chances of the game resulted in attempts off target though, so not sure shots on target is the best way to look at it.

duffer

Scout
So do you agree the style is boring ?
I know you are not used to attacking winning football. The only time I remember you winning the league by playing entertaining football was under Ancelloti.
Nah, tonight was boring, Saturday just gone was boring but possession football isn't boring in my opinion.

Redfrog

Juve essentially sat back and defended the box for 90 minutes, so that contributed to the lacklustre game, but yeah Chelsea absolutely lacked a creative spark.

The biggest chances of the game resulted in attempts off target though, so not sure shots on target is the best way to look at it.
I was speaking in general as well as every time I watch you no one can deny that you are a good team with a good manager and who controls the game very well but it’s a bit boring, nothing to get excited about.
Do you feel the same as a Chelsea fan ?
I know Van Gaal was even worse for us but even as a fan I was falling in sleep during game…

Redfrog

Nah, tonight was boring, Saturday just gone was boring but possession football isn't boring in my opinion.
I don’t blame possession football. Guardiola play possession football in a very different way, much more attacking and funny to be honest, even if I am not the biggest fan of it.
Van Gaal played possession football and that was the most horrible garbage I have never seen. I was literally falling in sleep during games.

For me Tuchel’s brand is not as bad as Van Gaal’s of course but not very funny either. And I don’t remember him being as obsessed with control during his PSG time as he is now with Chelsea.

duffer

Scout
I don’t blame possession football. Guardiola play possession football in a very different way, much more attacking and funny to be honest, even if I am not the biggest fan of it.
Van Gaal played possession football and that was the most horrible garbage I have never seen. I was literally falling in sleep during games.

For me Tuchel’s brand is not as bad as Van Gaal’s of course but not very funny either. And I don’t remember him being as obsessed with control during his PSG time as he is now with Chelsea.
I was laughing my tits off when we won the Champions League.

At PSG, I'd imagine they had a huge amount of possession in most of their games, didn't they? Having Neymar and Mbappe instead of Havertz and Werner (or Lukaku this season) might help with attacking play also!

Redfrog

I was laughing my tits off when we won the Champions League.

At PSG, I'd imagine they had a huge amount of possession in most of their games, didn't they? Having Neymar and Mbappe instead of Havertz and Werner (or Lukaku this season) might help with attacking play also!
Should have said entertaining instead of funny, but was a bit too long :lol:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
How'd the game go tonight? Looks like Chelsea had way more shots but only one each on target so the finishing wasn't there.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
How'd the game go tonight? Looks like Chelsea had way more shots but only one each on target so the finishing wasn't there.
It was Crrrrrap!! Both Lukaku and Havertz missed goals they should have made.

duffer

Scout
Juve defended really well, we didn't/couldn't create much despite a decent bit of possession.

73% possession, 8 corners and 16 shots does not really tell the full story, not many of those were great chances and only 1 actually on target.

Who would have thought that the likes of Bonucci, De Light and Chiellini were good at shutting shit down!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Juve defended really well, we didn't/couldn't create much despite a decent bit of possession.

73% possession, 8 corners and 16 shots does not really tell the full story, not many of those were great chances and only 1 actually on target.

Who would have thought that the likes of Bonucci, De Light and Chiellini were good at shutting shit down!
Bonucci and Chiellini are nasty f*ckers though. There's a reason Italy were so tight at the Euros.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was speaking in general as well as every time I watch you no one can deny that you are a good team with a good manager and who controls the game very well but it’s a bit boring, nothing to get excited about.
Do you feel the same as a Chelsea fan ?
I know Van Gaal was even worse for us but even as a fan I was falling in sleep during game…
Not really. I don't feel that way. Some games end up being boring for sure, but a lot don't. I get excited about our games plenty of times. We've been kind of undercooked since the international break. The second half at Spurs aside, I think we've struggled to create much of anything.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
RLC and Ben need to start. Also CHO>Ziyech

duffer

Scout
Chelsea have conceded 3 goals this season.

Mohammed Salah, Gabriel Jesus and now Chiesa.

"Chiesa" is the Italian word for church.

We play Southampton next, what's their nickname again? Oh shit.
Outrageous.

Also, Southampton have a striker named Adam, bet your mortgages on him to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.