Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I will be happy if chelsea go after realistic target.haalland mbappe next what messi. These players in massive wages or expect massive wages in haaland case. Hope chelsea will have adequate plans.

yamo123x

Chelsea will flex their financial muscle no doubt, they spent big last summer, ziyech, werner, havertz, thiago silva, chilwell etc and they won champs league.
I expect similar outlay this year and maybe a marquee signing

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea is a sensible move for Mbappe now. He's not ready to play for real yet. Pressure would crush him.

He'd no doubt insist on a Real Madrid release clause though which could scupper it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Noises are saying Tuchel is prepared to wait instead of panic buy if he can't find the right player which is good.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Noises are saying Tuchel is prepared to wait instead of panic buy if he can't find the right player which is good.
I've never heard a manager in a job admit to having panic bought. Not really a story. Hell, in the 16/17 season we definitely panic bought Alonso and David Luiz and they ended up being key to us winning the league.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Good. But I think we also have to take into account players are at Euros, on holidays. Within a week or 2 of Euros ending, itll go bezerk this window IMO. We never really leak too much either. I could see Declan Rice happening if he has indeed told West Ham he wants to hear about offers around 60m, but thatd take roughly another few weeks i reckon, given England are still in

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Mbappe only has a year left. If he doesn't renew, PSG have to sell.

Even they won't let an 150m player walk for free.

If he doesn't sign a new contract, buying clubs have the power. Offer £100m and a deal might be possible.

Whatever paid we can probably get back from RM ultimately.

That is if he doesn't go there now anyway. Depends on what he feels is the right move pretty much.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I've never heard a manager in a job admit to having panic bought. Not really a story. Hell, in the 16/17 season we definitely panic bought Alonso and David Luiz and they ended up being key to us winning the league.
It was crazy that that gambit along with Conte deciding feck it I'm bringing a back 5 to this league and making it work kickstarted a title win. Chelsea were so poor those first few games with the back 4 under Conte.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

If he doesn't sign a new contract, buying clubs have the power. Offer £100m and a deal might be possible.

That is if he doesn't go there now anyway. Depends on what he feels is the right move pretty much.
I'd imagine he will reject a contract, and walk to Madrid next summer.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I'd still envisage us ending this window with a susbtantial outlay on purchases. I like how we work quietly

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Panic buying/buying cause they're better than nothing, same thing really.

Imagine the better position we'll be in today if Conte after missing out on his first choice targets in 2017 said "save the money for the right player I'll use the academy boys as depth until then".

We'd have probably had as bad as season if not worse but money to burn the following summer plus top quality young players with a year of experience at the top level.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t know the remark suggested he wants to come to Chelsea, just that he trusts Tuchel. He didn’t like when Tuchel pulled him from games to preserve his fitness. I imagine he now knows Tuchel was always thinking of his best interest for both fitness and injury.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don’t know the remark suggested he wants to come to Chelsea, just that he trusts Tuchel. He didn’t like when Tuchel pulled him from games to preserve his fitness. I imagine he now knows Tuchel was always thinking of his best interest for both fitness and injury.
He might have known that also at the time, does not mean that he has to be happy about the right decisions.

Wal

Supports
Chelsea
I will be happy if chelsea go after realistic target.haalland mbappe next what messi. These players in massive wages or expect massive wages in haaland case. Hope chelsea will have adequate plans.
Same for me but i keep thinking who are those realistic target that can improve us?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Same for me but i keep thinking who are those realistic target that can improve us?
Isak good option belotti very good in the way he press. I can think of those two as cheaper but very different types of strikers we need from werner.

@WeePat sorry I had to edit the post since I don't have posts remaining.

We simply can't go into the season with havertz and werner as only options. Brojo is good young player but still he is too young to ask to take responsibility. We certainly need one striker back up or main without that we can't win anything.

There is lot of additional matches too with club world cup in December players will be broken without proper rotation when coming into business end.

Plenty of games for past two seasons without rest I just not think it's possible without proper squad to challenge league title. Roman may not see it as progress and tuchel will be under serious pressure.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Isak good option belotti very good in the way he press. I can think of those two as cheaper but very different types of strikers we need from werner.
We're better off sticking with Havertz and Werner than settling for secondary targets.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We're better off sticking with Havertz and Werner than settling for secondary targets.
We need someone to replace Tammy and Giroud?

Player from academy maybe if no marquee signing?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We need someone to replace Tammy and Giroud?

Player from academy maybe if no marquee signing?
Yeah but guys like Belotti and Isak would probably not be interested in a backup role, and they'd cost a lot of money anyway. I'm generally not a huge fan of buying players specifically to be squad options. If they end up that way, cool, but my preference is to use the academy as a starting point to plug any gaps in the squad.

So if Tammy and Giroud are going, then call back Broja and give him the minutes those two would have had. They had nearly 3000 minutes combined last season. Broja would probably be fine with 60% of that.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like you're probably right. If we can't sign a marquee player will be Broja as the the third striker option.

Would be a big concern we won't have enough firepower for me though. Especially if we're talking a title challenge.

I imagine Tuchel will be pushing for a marque striker as hard as he can.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like you're probably right. If we can't sign a marquee player will be Broja as the the third striker option.

Would be a big concern we won't have enough firepower for me though. Especially if we're talking a title challenge.

I imagine Tuchel will be pushing for a marque striker as hard as he can.
Considering Werner's scoring rate last season is the clear outlier in his career, I'm comfortable with the idea of him being the main guy again, with Havertz continuing his development. This is over £100m worth of young attacking talent that we signed just 12 months ago. If Haaland is attainable, then OK let's do that, but if not, we shouldn't get baited into buying any OK-ish striker who's willing to come here. We already have a very talented group of attacking players.

Raredaredevil

It's PSG, their owner has unlimited money. Money means nothing to them.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
It’s the perfect time to sign a player like M’Bappe, with no real competition from Madrid and Barcelona. It’s the type of deal we thrives on last year with clubs worried about money. However I just don’t see this deal happening unless he specifically wants to join us and starts making noises behind the scene. I just don’t think this deal would get off the ground.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Always had a soft spot for him after hearing how tough his life had been. Good luck in Russia Vic!

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Very important member of that title winning conte team. Also part of 2018 fa cup final win.Happy memories victor. Good luck for future.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Really funny Pulisic, you absolute wanker. :rolleyes:
Hate stuff like this, have some respect for the animal.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like preseason training will start from Monday.Players Returning for Pre-Season:
Mendy ,Kepa ,Baba ,Maatsen ,Alonso, Zappacosta ,Livramento ,Sterling, Laurence ,Guehi ,Sarr ,Mbuyamba, Clarke Salter, Simeu ,Gallagher, Chalobah, Bate, Bakayoko ,Loftus Cheek ,Barkley, Anjorin, CHO, Pulisic ,Ziyech, Kenedy ,Abraham, Broja

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Looks like preseason training will start from Monday.Players Returning for Pre-Season:
Mendy ,Kepa ,Baba ,Maatsen ,Alonso, Zappacosta ,Livramento ,Sterling, Laurence ,Guehi ,Sarr ,Mbuyamba, Clarke Salter, Simeu ,Gallagher, Chalobah, Bate, Bakayoko ,Loftus Cheek ,Barkley, Anjorin, CHO, Pulisic ,Ziyech, Kenedy ,Abraham, Broja
Where is the United academy product Danny Drinkwater?

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Chelsea have phenomenal squad depth. The business they did last summer let me hit on a bet placed they’d win the CL strictly due to how highly I rated the importance of having quality positional depth.

United have already begun their shopping for this summer and if they can hit on a few more targets, I think them, Chelsea, and City will more or less be neck-and-neck in their overall squad/positional depth. All 3 (would) have a clear cut starting 11 as well as a strong secondary 11 which no other clubs across Europe could match.

...Tuchel is a fine manager who I rate quite a bit. I take it if there’s any manager who had/has a shot at breaking the never ending rotating door of Chelsea managers that they seem to operate by, Tuchel is the one. A combination of his managerial skills + the plethora of squad options, if really is great timing for all parties involved. Chelsea don’t look like they need a whole lot this summer but I’m sure Abramovich will still give Tuchel plenty of finances when need be. This summer and/or next, Chelsea will become stronger and experienced. Very efficiently run club from top to bottom, I expect them to contend for every competition they’re a part of!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Giroud to Milan for 1 mil (plus another mil based on stuff) is done.

Great servant to the club. In 4 seasons he won 2 FA cups, a Europa League and a Champs League.

Top player, if he had pace he'd have been up there with the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.