Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
It's amazing how bad a season it's been for Chelsea. That 2-0 win vs Dortmund was probably only good moment of the whole season. Perhaps those wins vs Milan in group stage. One win against top 10 teams in PL and that was 2-0 win at Villa back in October. Nothing else. 44 points, worst points tally since 1988 I believe.

Chelsea will be back especially as they have this habit of big ups and downs but this season was just terrible.
Inexperienced manager have given off days after 4-0 humiliation against his former team. One thing I am okay with boehly he wanted entire team gone.

We had worst injury record ranked 20 th last season.
Quick cash-grab before the PL ban come into effect

One year sponsor without cl I am okay with it.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Is the article not saying it would be a 3 year deal?
May be you are right but what we learned it's rolling contract either side can terminate it or reevaluate it at the end of each season. Without Europe we are contend with it.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Off topic slightly, is that guy who was the Boehly / Clearlake cheerleader still kicking about? Was he Bluelion or something like that?

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Is the article not saying it would be a 3 year deal?
Matt Law says it's a 1 year deal:

Money-wise it's not a bad deal at all. Same value as the current sponsor and only for one season. If (right now a big if though) we can get CL footy back in time for 24/25 season the club would be in a much better position to negotiate a longer term deal at a higher value, and with some more respectable businesses too.

But yeah despite the money being allright I wouldn't advocate any gambling or crypto sponsorships, they're scum.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Matt Law says it's a 1 year deal:

Money-wise it's not a bad deal at all. Same value as the current sponsor and only for one season. If (right now a big if though) we can get CL footy back in time for 24/25 season the club would be in a much better position to negotiate a longer term deal at a higher value, and with some more respectable businesses too.

But yeah despite the money being allright I wouldn't advocate any gambling or crypto sponsorships, they're scum.
Ah, makes sense then I suppose, I wondered about the gambling rule.
Think our Emirates shirt deal is up next season as well, although id imagine we'll renew on slightly better terms. Would be strange seeing a different sponsor at the front of the shirt after all this time, think it's the longest current deal in the country.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
This really isn’t a good look for Chelsea

Why? PIF links with clearlake not new and clearlake manage some of their wealth. PL and govt already scrutinised that and then only allowed clearlake to take over Chelsea.

cyberman

Why? PIF links with clearlake not new and clearlake manage some of their wealth. PL and govt already scrutinised that and then only allowed clearlake to take over Chelsea.
I think using buddies to help your club moving deadwood isn’t a great look for your club.
This isn’t how sport should work.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Stake as our sponsor wouldn't be a good look.

Selling players to Saudi, China or elsewhere, not so much. Just business.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Stake as our sponsor wouldn't be a good look.

Selling players to Saudi, China or elsewhere, not so much. Just business.
Exactly. They want our players even United arsenal and city wanted ours. Not exactly Deadwood. Question will be raised only if we sell above market value to them.

Anustart89

This things football authoroties choose to care about will never make sense to me.
Speaking of things that used to be important, whatever happened to the Mudryk investigation over the video using the n-word?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
This things football authoroties choose to care about will never make sense to me.
Paramount has uk partnership with sky sports. So pl have no choice but strike it off. Conflict of interest and preferential treatment clause. Completely understandable.

CallyRed

Chelsea have struck gold with these Saudi clubs wanting to buy half of their squad.

Anustart89

Chelsea have struck gold with these Saudi clubs wanting to buy half of their squad.
You'd have to wonder if this will be viewed similarly to Juventus cooking the books considering Clearlake's ties to PIF, who have quite big stakes in all the rumoured clubs.

Wouldn't authorities react if Girona started buying all unwanted City players so that City could stay within their FFP limits?

Chief123

Paramount do not show any football and are not considered a direct competitor to Sky and BT but block the deal anyways. Brilliant. Makes sense.
Paramount were showing every premier league game live last season from what I remember?

Supports
Chelsea
You'd have to wonder if this will be viewed similarly to Juventus cooking the books considering Clearlake's ties to PIF, who have quite big stakes in all the rumoured clubs.

Wouldn't authorities react if Girona started buying all unwanted City players so that City could stay within their FFP limits?
Think you're reading too much into it. One quick look at the players Saudi clubs have been targeting and you can see the majority are those of a Muslim background. We happen to have a fair few at our club who are also high profile players, which they have also been targeting.

And Clearlake only manage some of PIFs assets, which I don't really see what the issue is there? "ties to PIF" makes it all sound pretty sinister :lol:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Think you're reading too much into it. One quick look at the players Saudi clubs have been targeting and you can see the majority are those of a Muslim background. We happen to have a fair few at our club who are also high profile players, which they have also been targeting.

And Clearlake only manage some of PIFs assets, which I don't really see what the issue is there? "ties to PIF" makes it all sound pretty sinister :lol:
FA and govt fully scrutinised the clearlake take over. FA has nothing to do with arab leagues buying Chelsea players.

May be they will put new rule to stop Chelsea alone to sell players to arab league. :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Paramount were showing every premier league game live last season from what I remember?

Oh I was just going by what it said in the article. Perhaps I’m/they’re confusing them with just Paramount then. Perhaps Chelsea should just drop the ‘plus’ and be like ‘what, paramount just make films and TV don’t they?’

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We are so green and naive when it comes to these kind of activities. Hopefully a new owner changes that.

Anustart89

FA and govt fully scrutinised the clearlake take over. FA has nothing to do with arab leagues buying Chelsea players.

May be they will put new rule to stop Chelsea alone to sell players to arab league. :lol:
So Chelsea has three players they want (or rather need) to get rid of, and all three are wanted by three separate clubs in the Saudi league who just so happen to be owned by an investment fund that has ties to the owners of Chelsea, and you don't think that's even worth raising an eyebrow over?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Tbh, the three players in question are Muslim (as is Kante), so there's an obvious link there (given we've seen that with Benzema too). It seems part of the Saudi league strategy to raise their profile is to target European based Muslim players.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
So Chelsea has three players they want (or rather need) to get rid of, and all three are wanted by three separate clubs in the Saudi league who just so happen to be owned by an investment fund that has ties to the owners of Chelsea, and you don't think that's even worth raising an eyebrow over?
3? We've got about 30 we need to get shot of.

If there are big money Saudi bids coming in for Cucurella or Hudson-Odoi then you can put the tin-foil hat on.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Tbh, the three players in question are Muslim (as is Kante), so there's an obvious link there (given we've seen that with Benzema too). It seems part of the Saudi league strategy to raise their profile is to target European based Muslim players.
Maguire is a devout Muslim.

Ludens the Red

We are so green and naive when it comes to these kind of activities. Hopefully a new owner changes that.
Yup, cheating is the way forward because none of the authorities give a feck, the players don’t give a feck and the broadcasters don’t give a feck. About time we just joined the like of Barca, Chelsea, city and Juve. Cheating always prospers.

Status
Not open for further replies.