Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLord

If they could a proper replacement for Lukaku (although that seems unlikely so late in the window), and keep their starting eleven fit, Chelsea could finish a very close third in the league. Their starting eleven is extremely good (bar striker, and assuming Cucurella deal goes through).

Josh 76

If they could a proper replacement for Lukaku (although that seems unlikely so late in the window), and keep their starting eleven fit, Chelsea could finish a very close third in the league. Their starting eleven is extremely good (bar striker, and assuming Cucurella deal goes through).
Cucurella won’t get into their starting 11

TheLord

Long season, injury prone fullbacks, World Cup...oh he will start a lot of games, lots.

Chief123

And Broja.
I saw him on fantasy footy and due to his very low price didn’t pay much attention to it. I’ll be honest I don’t know anything about him. Is he good enough to step in straight away?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I saw him on fantasy footy and due to his very low price didn’t pay much attention to it. I’ll be honest I don’t know anything about him. Is he good enough to step in straight away?
To be the main man at a club like Chelsea? Probably not. To be a 20 year backup who gets a few minutes here and there and in cup comps? Absolutely in my opinion.

Chief123

Cucurella won’t get into their starting 11
Long season, injury prone fullbacks, World Cup...oh he will start a lot of games, lots.
Yeah he’ll probably get plenty of minutes. Still unusual to spend 50m on a non guaranteed starter. Chilwell is brilliant when fit. I would have thought there were much higher priority positions but I guess they don’t have to be signed in order.

With the likely departure of Azpi, Alonso and already Rudiger and Christensen it’s going to be interesting to see how quickly the completely new defence gels together.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thanks! Maybe its just me but we should take a chance on him if let Ronaldo go(which we should IMO)
I think we are letting him go for a cut price to Leipzig but if United wanted him, we'd probably try and recoup most of the money we paid to sign him.

Chief123

Thanks! Maybe its just me but we should take a chance on him if let Ronaldo go(which we should IMO)
I’m not sure. He just misses far too many chances for my liking. It’s not just a chelsea thing. He used to be like this at Leipzig too. Never been prolific. He probably suits Bundesliga more than prem anyway and is probably keen to go back to where he made his name.

TheLord

Yeah he’ll probably get plenty of minutes. Still unusual to spend 50m on a non guaranteed starter. Chilwell is brilliant when fit. I would have thought there were much higher priority positions but I guess they don’t have to be signed in order.

With the likely departure of Azpi, Alonso and already Rudiger and Christensen it’s going to be interesting to see how quickly the completely new defence gels together.
May be he would have never been bought if a quality CF and CB were available instead. In part, this looks like a forced move, as many deals collapsed.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Surely chelsea must have someone lined up if they are letting werner go too. That would leave them with just havertz as a recognised forward with Sterling and Mount to support. That attack would look even lighter than ours.
On their books they still have Broja, Ziyech, Hudson Odoi and Pulisic. What they have by the end of the window is anyone's guess.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think people have realised just how hectic next season will be.

If we make another strong go at all fronts we probably won't have any more than 4 days without a game for the rest of the season once the league resumes after the world cup.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We've got too many players as things stand, that is if we're planning to use the academy prospects.

Obviously if we're selling Ziyech, Werner, Alonso, Azpi and any others, we'll need a few replacements.

There are players on the market who should interest us.

Cucurella ain't worth near £50m, we'll end paying similar to the "Utd tax" on players if we massively over pay as desperate.

Too many in and out bad for stability. Maybe need tell some they have to stay one more season.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Werner, Kepa , Alonso, Azpi and Sarr seem the definite departures as of now, and Gilmour

TheReligion

Abusive
Werner, Kepa , Alonso, Azpi and Sarr seem the definite departures as of now, and Gilmour
Cucerella in.

Who else to follow? I still think a CF is essential really and then another wide forward? Werner and Ziyech possibly leaving?

The squad does need streamlining.

Batshuayi and Barkley to Everton?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
On their books they still have Broja, Ziyech, Hudson Odoi and Pulisic. What they have by the end of the window is anyone's guess.
I think the certainties to be here after the window are Pulisic and Havertz, possibly Hudson-Odoi too. There are question marks over the rest.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Still not convinced that Chelsea can compete for the title. Think it will be between us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs for that 2/3 spots.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Still not convinced that Chelsea can compete for the title. Think it will be between us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs for that 2/3 spots.
For the title? No chance. Don't think we'll be anywhere near it. I think you're right that the 3rd/4th will be between those 4 teams.

TheLord

Oh they certainly aren't competing for the PL with no one to score goals. They may finish a respectable third, but even that is difficult with both Spurs and Arsenal looking in much better shape than last season.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Cucerella in.

Who else to follow? I still think a CF is essential really and then another wide forward? Werner and Ziyech possibly leaving?

Cucurella in we hope, thought the same with Kounde tbf.
If Werner and Ziyech both go, I'd still rather we got an out and out striker as opposed to another winger or inside forward.

Batshuayi will probably go, Barkley id expect to go, too. Colwill on loan or sale.

I also think there is a big chance we end up getting Fofana off Leicester

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Cucerella in.

I don't agree. I've been seduced into wanting a CF before and I'm not falling for it again. Havertz nad Broja can cover the position. Sterling and Mount can chip in and see how it goes. Could do with a goalscoring RW though, Gnabry would have been ideal there.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I don't agree. I've been seduced into wanting a CF before and I'm not falling for it again. Havertz nad Broja can cover the position. Sterling and Mount can chip in and see how it goes. Could do with a goalscoring RW though, Gnabry would have been ideal there.
It's more likely to be a winger arriving as oppose to a striker yes. Gnabry id have really liked, but we'll settle for Zaha....... :wenger::wenger: Im joking, of course haha

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
If they get FDJ.. with the additions they are making.. they look a very good side next season…
I don’t know a single person who seriously thinks we will sign De Jong. At this point, it looks like he is 90% staying at Barcelona.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
So, now that he is actually your player, have you changed your mind on Mount vs Sterling?

He's definitely better than either.

Chelsea fans talk about Mount's goal contributions as evidence of him being underrated but Sterling's worst seasons are still better than that.
I certainly wouldn't have him over Havertz and Mount.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Fofana has replaced 'Professional Player at Leicester City' with just 'Professional Player' on his twitter bio. He's also been liking posts from Chelsea fan accounts saying how great a signing he would be for us. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.