Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM7

Supports
chelsea
There is no loan. Roman wrote it off during the sale of the club. He even released a press statement addressing it.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Christensen's agent collecting all the free signing bonuses: easy money :cool:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This Boehly guy is one of those cnuts who hogs all the sunbeds for no reason isn't he?
Go back to the F1 thread and troll Hamilton fans ffs. That’s your forte. You’re not wanted here :lol:

ArjenIsM3

Go back to the F1 thread and troll Hamilton fans ffs. That’s your forte. You’re not wanted here :lol:
I would but they've all gone into hiding when it became obvious Merc shat the bed and the Ferrari fans are just too sensible. They've all accepted Max is the goat and their team is shite. No fun. But maybe now that Merc have cleaned themselves up a bit the little shits will resurface. We'll see. For now though I'm looking for greener pastures. Not found any yet though, it just reeks of old oil in here

Tallis

I was looking to see Chelsea’s transfers over the last 5 seasons or so and realized that they have 100m euros worth of failed signings almost every season:

2022 - Lukaku (113)
2021 - Werner (53m) and Ziyech (40m)
2020 - transfer ban
2019 - Kepa (80m), Pulisic (60m),
2018 - Moratta (66m), Bakayoko (40m), Drinkwater (38m), Zappcosta (25m)
2017 - Batshuayi (39m), David Luis (35m)

Granted - some are debatable (Pulisic) and they recovered money for others (Morata). Also, helped that they sold off some that flopped afterwards (Hazard).

Terrible buying club but seem to be good at selling

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I was looking to see Chelsea’s transfers over the last 5 seasons or so and realized that they have 100m euros worth of failed signings almost every season:

2022 - Lukaku (113)
2021 - Werner (53m) and Ziyech (40m)
2020 - transfer ban
2019 - Kepa (80m), Pulisic (60m),
2018 - Moratta (66m), Bakayoko (40m), Drinkwater (38m), Zappcosta (25m)
2017 - Batshuayi (39m), David Luis (35m)

Granted - some are debatable (Pulisic) and they recovered money for others (Morata). Also, helped that they sold off some that flopped afterwards (Hazard).

Terrible buying club but seem to be good at selling
We hit 100 mil in 3 of the 6 seasons you posted. When did "half" become "almost all"?

Some shit buys for sure but they're bad enough without the unessesary hyperbole.

Tallis

We hit 100 mil in 3 of the 6 seasons you posted. When did "half" become "almost all"?

Some shit buys for sure but they're bad enough without the unessesary hyperbole.
No reason to be upset. At least the owners keep spending and there have been many good guys in there like Kante, Mendy etc. I wish our owners had spent like that to support the club

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
“2018 - Moratta (66m), Bakayoko (40m), Drinkwater (38m), Zappcosta (25m)”

This is traumatic reading.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
And our board had the courage to sack Conte after that window and season. :lol:
Yeah because he gave up and didn't care that season until the FA Cup final.
He also fell out with players too. Conte can be as toxic as Mourinho when things dont go his own way.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah because he gave up and didn't care that season until the FA Cup final.
He also fell out with players too. Conte can be as toxic as Mourinho when things dont go his own way.
Of course the level went from costa and matic to Morata and bakayoko you can't expect manager to do magic mate. That's why we were not consistent in league in past decade.

Mourinho won the league but after that summer window we bought some crap like djilobodji,baba Rahman. We rarely strengthen ourselves from strong position.

It's almost like we want to shoot our foot from strong position. Even last season after winning cl our manager want to strengthen the wing back positions but our board came up with the Lukaku solution. :lol: .

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Of course the level went from costa and matic to Morata and bakayoko you can't expect manager to do magic mate. That's why we were not consistent in league in past decade.
It's not binary, both can be at fault.

I didn't blame Conte for failing to retain the league but falling out of the top 4 was absolutely on him.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Mourinho won the league but after that summer window we bought some crap like djilobodji,baba Rahman. We rarely strengthen ourselves from strong position.
Those 2 specifically were 100% Emenalo signings

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
It's not binary, both can be at fault.

I didn't blame Conte for failing to retain the league but falling out of the top 4 was absolutely on him.
The season we won league we didn't have Europe. We went into next season with dragged down squad with liverpool strengthened. We got 70 points in that season too despite we reduced the ability of the squad.

Logically speaking it's on our ex-board by constantly demean our top coaches who won things then sack them then strengthen the squad for new managers instead of strengthening our squad from strong position with managers who actually won.

DavyJones

Supports
Chelsea
If only our players weren't scared to make a pass forward into the box we could be as good as this City side. I look at their game and compare it to ours and the difference stands out clear. They are not afraid to make a freaking pass through midfield into the box. They are not scared to lose the ball. How many times have they made a pass into the box and it failed in this first half alone yet they keep doing it and scored 3 goals. Our players will rather pass it around like scared little fecks not wanting to be the one to make that wrong pass. Our strikers just stand around or all day or their runs are totally ignored so Jorginho can complete his safe pass to Kante so he can push it to James so he in turn can turn back and pass it to Silva. Its boring af and when we end up creating at most 2-3 clear chances the whole game we expect our attackers to all have 100% conversion rates or they are sh*t and let's go find another 100m striker to be ignored. Tuchel really needs to do something about this else it won't end well for him. Get some creativity in midfield or change the system and let them play with some freedom.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
If only our players weren't scared to make a pass forward into the box we could be as good as this City side. I look at their game and compare it to ours and the difference stands out clear. They are not afraid to make a freaking pass through midfield into the box. They are not scared to lose the ball. How many times have they made a pass into the box and it failed in this first half alone yet they keep doing it and scored 3 goals. Our players will rather pass it around like scared little fecks not wanting to be the one to make that wrong pass. Our strikers just stand around or all day or their runs are totally ignored so Jorginho can complete his safe pass to Kante so he can push it to James so he in turn can turn back and pass it to Silva. Its boring af and when we end up creating at most 2-3 clear chances the whole game we expect our attackers to all have 100% conversion rates or they are sh*t and let's go find another 100m striker to be ignored. Tuchel really needs to do something about this else it won't end well for him. Get some creativity in midfield or change the system and let them play with some freedom.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The season we won league we didn't have Europe. We went into next season with dragged down squad with liverpool strengthened. We got 70 points in that season too despite we reduced the ability of the squad.

Logically speaking it's on our ex-board by constantly demean our top coaches who won things then sack them then strengthen the squad for new managers instead of strengthening our squad from strong position with managers who actually won.
Sarri and Lampard (the latter of which without Hazard) both achieved it despite the boards flaws.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Good on you. Very insightful and mature
Youre not wrong though. We have done of the most inherently negative passing in the league.

In the Everton game I saw us get the ball and make a run forward, only Sterling came. Havertz was literally still marking his man almost like he felt he needed to be there “just in case” we lost the ball.

BUT I pay attention to the Managers comments and I’m hoping If we sign Fofana he’s right. He all but said we had to play that way when you have two 34+ players in your back 3. The one time Koulibaliy came forward Everton almost scored on a counter and Silva looked like he tore his groin trying to make it back for a goal saving slide.

If we don’t get Fofana then Chalobah or Cucurella need to start in that back 3. Silva and Azpi together looked precarious.

We are not going to get less negative until the manager has more confidence in our recovery ability.

I love Silva, but a back 3 of Cucurella, Koulibaliy, Fofana would completely change us. All 3 dangerous going forward, and any one of the 3 could sweep trouble if needed hanging back.

When you have to worry less about what happens if you lose the ball, you can then consider playing Gallagher and more progressive players in the middle of the field without Tuchel suffering a stroke.

The answer to our offense really is in our defense.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

It's almost like we want to shoot our foot from strong position. Even last season after winning cl our manager want to strengthen the wing back positions but our board came up with the Lukaku solution. :lol: .
Im not blaming Conte, im just saying there were reasons to sack him.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Youre not wrong though. We have done of the most inherently negative passing in the league.

In the Everton game I saw us get the ball and make a run forward, only Sterling came. Havertz was literally still marking his man almost like he felt he needed to be there “just in case” we lost the ball.

BUT I pay attention to the Managers comments and I’m hoping If we sign Fofana he’s right. He all but said we had to play that way when you have two 34+ players in your back 3. The one time Koulibaliy came forward Everton almost scored on a counter and Silva looked like he tore his groin trying to make it back for a goal saving slide.

If we don’t get Fofana then Chalobah or Cucurella need to start in that back 3. Silva and Azpi together looked precarious.

We are not going to get less negative until the manager has more confidence in our recovery ability.

I love Silva, but a back 3 of Cucurella, Koulibaliy, Fofana would completely change us. All 3 dangerous going forward, and any one of the 3 could sweep trouble if needed hanging back.

When you have to worry less about what happens if you lose the ball, you can then consider playing Gallagher and more progressive players in the middle of the field without Tuchel suffering a stroke.

The answer to our offense really is in our defense.
Absolutely nailed on. Jorginho capable of playing those passes through midfield as well or over the top looping pass. May be kante not a great long passer but absolutely fine with pass and move player. We will be fantastic once this transfer window is over.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Is this a goodbye?

He was headed for the tunnel and Rodgers stopped him and said to go to the fans. Rodgers said afterwards that it didn’t mean he is leaving…. yeah, managers always stop a player and send them to the fans when it means nothing.

DavyJones

Supports
Chelsea
Good game so far. Really impressed by RLC at RWB. He could make it his own which might mean no need for Fofana, at least until after the world cup. Sterling hasn't been on this half as well as Mount.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Good game so far. Really impressed by RLC at RWB. He could make it his own which might mean no need for Fofana, at least until after the world cup. Sterling hasn't been on this half as well as Mount.
Our forwards are pressing and the movement is there but there’s no substance to it. I’m not sure what the answer to fixing it is. Buying a striker will help to a degree but it won’t solve the problem.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea been done over today

How the hell did VAR not send off Romero for pulling down Cucerella by his fecking hair?

The corner for the equaliser should have been a free kick to Chelsea.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I want an explanation from the VAR about that Cucurella hair pulling.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
People overestimated Chelsea's supposed demise. They're comfortably the 3rd best side in the league.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Chelsea been done over today

How the hell did VAR not send off Romero for pulling down Cucerella by his fecking hair?

The corner for the equaliser should have been a free kick to Chelsea.
Is pulling hair a red card offence?

If not nothing to do with VAR...

Vapor trail

Our forwards are pressing and the movement is there but there’s no substance to it. I’m not sure what the answer to fixing it is. Buying a striker will help to a degree but it won’t solve the problem.
I think this is why I consider Chelsea a miniscule level below City and Liverpool a massive lack of prolific forwards. I think that issue is only addressed through personnel changes an entire new attacking line from left to right including the centre. All of the forward players have the characteristics of wide wingers compared to inverted forwards which is problematic because the fullbacks provide the width.

No idea how that game ends a draw, Romero should have seen a red card or at the very least a foul given against Cucurella.

Status
Not open for further replies.