Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

The United

He is obviously a good manager and not to mentioned, Chelsea's habit of winning stuff by changing manager in the middle of the seasons.

But, I like to wait until 2nd season to see how a manager does. Hopefully, not so well.

redshaw

Thank PSG for sacking him. Thought it was a crazy decision after getting them to a final, he was only there two years.

Soon as some quality came on the market Chelsea jumped on it and offloaded Frank. You have to respect that.

Similar connotations to United in that the players of United and Chelsea weren't impressed with either Ole or Frank but we stick with Ole so he can learn on the job while Chelsea wrap up another major trophy. Said even before Tuchel took PSG to the final we should get him.

United is more like a charity organization since Fergie left summed up by Joel Glazer's special player In Martial.

Just to note I'm not anti Ole and hope he can keep improving, well see.

Last edited:

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Don't know how he didn't pop a blood vessel with how animated he was. Loved his passion. Well done Tommy.

Welbeckham

Interesting to see how long he remains the only manager to even get PSG to a CL final. You really don’t know what you got til’ it’s gone.

He’s done an incredible job to build this unit in such a short time. They are unbelievably well-balanced, which makes every single one of their defensive player look world class. After only a few weeks in charge, against Atletíco they already looked scary good.

Tbh, with their squad and their rivals’ poor starts, back in October-November, I thought they would battle for PL this season already. Very interesting to see what Tuchel can do in his first full season there.

Red Star One

When you look at Chelsea now, think that it "only" took few brave (managerial) and lucky (transfers, but that's also good scouting) decisions to do it from a level not really above us. And it didn't took six years of transition. It could've been us, huh?

Foxbatt

I thought he needed about 5 years to get going. It's a new league to him and to get the players he wanted to buy. I don't think he has bought anyone new? All were deadwood from Lampard's time.

Zoo

Very curious to see if and how he evolves this team. I remember when he came in he said that he wanted the back 3 because they had the players and knew the system from Conte. Will he look to change that or carry on.

izec

Top manager. Who would have thought they would win it. And deserved winners, that wasn't a fluke. Also reached the CL last year, something the other Chelsea managers didn't.

sillwuka

He's very likeable. Sadly..

Watched quiet a few interviews since he joined them and he strikes me as someone with a high football iq, love the way he talks about the game.

Irwin99

Very curious to see if and how he evolves this team. I remember when he came in he said that he wanted the back 3 because they had the players and knew the system from Conte. Will he look to change that or carry on.
Their defence and midfield looks really solid; I doubt he'd change the shape. A ruthless striker like a prime Aguero or RVP would take them up another level.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Single handedly stopped City winning the Quadruple :lol:
If he didn’t stop City in the FA Cup as well then City would have probably beaten Leicester rather easily.
Tbh teams like City suit him. It’s when he faces defensively solid teams (at least so far in England) they can look a little toothless.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
When will the new manager bounce start to wear off?

:-)

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Tuchel is only 47 years old, same age as Ryan Giggs to put it in perspective.

Champagne Football

Tuchel definitely is better at managing teams then he was at being a fashion model.

He's cemented himself up there with Klopp and Flick as the best in the business now.

Serious questions raised about Pep now. Bottled 2 finals against a Chelsea team he was expected to beat.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I thought he needed about 5 years to get going. It's a new league to him and to get the players he wanted to buy. I don't think he has bought anyone new? All were deadwood from Lampard's time.
That's right, Tuchel joined when the transfer window was already closed. He could not sign anyone.

Joachim Löw is free now. This is the chance for United.
Just don't. Löw should never coach a professional team anywhere again.
Serious questions raised about Pep now. Bottled 2 finals against a Chelsea team he was expected to beat.
Just now? Pep bottled every single CL saison since he left Barca at some stage. It is an improvement that he only did this in the final this year and not before but still the issue persists.