Chelsea v Liverpool : Carabao Cup Final

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Honestly, would you as the Bayern Munich manager have replaced Manuel Neuer - arguably the best goalkeeper of the last decade with whoever backup they have because that backup is potentially more agile despite his shorter height? Just like I said, every single inch matters and it mattered on some of those Liverpool penalties.
No, it isn't always true, you're just speculating at this point.

There's a difference being b the best GK and the best GK for pens. You can have a GK good for both, like Neuer, sometimes not. Kepa was deemed better for penalty shootouts and Chelsea won their last three with him in the goal. It didn't go well this time, but to pin that on Tuchel is ridiculous.

Nogbadthebad

All this talk of trebles.

We are the only English team who have won both the PL and CL in a single season sinmce it changed from the European cup, never mind a treble.

The treble was a miracle and the likelyhood of it being repeated is slim.

Oranges038

1 down.

3 to go.

I am away to put money on it. Just to make sure it doesn't happen

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Still scratching my head how Keita stayed on the pitch

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
One of the best matches in this year for sure. A quality game with passion,fire, fighting spirits and superb techniques from both teams. For Chelsea, I really have no words, you are a real deal and excellent team for sure. I appreciate Chelsea’s midfielders a lot especially Kante, one of the best cdm that I’ve ever seen in my life, although he misses some easy passes and Kovacic is an excellent player too. Chelsea backline and gk are top classes and today they show their talent in the perfect way. Silva I’m so proud of you that you are a great student of our masters like Maldini and Nesta, Rudiger are almost unbeatable today and Mendy I don’t have a word to describe him.

For my team, I’m proud to all of you. Van Dijk shows me a lot why I respect and admire him so much. Outside of Baresi, he’s one of the best offside controller that I’ve ever seen in my life. Diaz is on developing stage and I’m sure he will be a great player for sure, I love his fighting spirit and workrate. Mo Salah can’t do anything so much due to the excellent of Rudiger. Henderson is superb today and Kelleher( my lovely kid), you got my respect and heart for sure. Mane is great today too.
Other players, I’m so proud and happy.

First trophy comes to Liverpool, this match for me will be in my heart forever. Have everything, real quality of football, dramatic stories, passion, excellent tactics from both teams, quality of players and stories. This match is worth enough to watch again and again, excellent match( it reminds me a bit between France vs a Brazil in 1986).

You Never Walk Alone

VivaRonaldo85

Yeah the only hope is CL. We are in it and could win it.

To do that we probably need to beat either City or Liverpool and I fear we get smashed again. Imagine if we play Liverpool in the CL final and they destroy us and they win the treble by beating us.
I think I’ve just been a bit sick in my mouth

RedDevil@84

I am late to the party, but that Lukaku goal being chalked off seems harsh. Thought we were done with vertical lines dropping from arms and armpits to check offside

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Never thought I would say it, but Kante was horrible. Kovacic held that midfield on his own.
He misses some easy passes but his workrate is on top-notch, he runs all over the pitch to cover everything. He makes over3 interceptions, 2 tackles and 3 tactical fouls that stop my team counter-attacks. It’s not his best game for sure, like I’ve said before he misses a lot of easy passes, doesn’t control the ball perfectly and doesn’t dribble great. Howewer, he still plays great and makes my midfielders headache. Whoscored gives him 7.5 which is probably the best in Chelsea’s midfielders(better than Kova and Jorginho), although I would agree with you that Kovacic plays great ( I use present tense ).

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He misses some easy passes but his workrate is on top-notch, he runs all over the pitch to cover everything. He makes over3 interceptions, 2 tackles and 3 tactical fouls that stop my team counter-attacks. It’s not his best game for sure, like I’ve said before he misses a lot of easy passes, doesn’t control the ball perfectly and doesn’t dribble great. Howewer, he still plays great and makes my midfielders headache. Whoscored gives him 7.5 which is probably the best in Chelsea’s midfielders(better than Kova and Jorginho), although I would agree with you that Kovacic plays great ( I use present tense ).
He was all over the place. And when he got the ball it went to no use.

The man is a genius, but thought he had a bad game.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Why? Because it was a game of football that ended on penalties?

(and spoiler that shit)
Yep, quality match, quality player, extra time and dramatic moments especially in penalty. I’m not comparing about the overview quality of both matches ( that 1986 match is probably the best in my eyes and I’ve watched over 5 times) and I wrote “ a bit” .

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
He was all over the place. And when he got the ball it went to no use.

The man is a genius, but thought he had a bad game.
I’m so lucky and lucky that this man misses a lot of easy passes and couldn’t do nothing when he has the ball today. :lol:

Thank you, Kante

Imagine he is on form today…..

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I’d have given it Diaz but VVD is a fair shout, considering the lack of midfield protection all game.

Poor Liverpool. First the league with the asterisk next to it, now they win this when literally the whole world is occupied elsewhere.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s a weird match don’t want to see Chelsea win because of Ukraine and don’t want to see Liverpool win because of obvious..
Only one team wore blue and yellow today. Just saying.

yipthatman

How come this is a big trophy all of a sudden? I'm sure Fergie couldn't be arsed with it back in the day. Not taking anything away from these teams. Both are top level. I just think this cup is a bit Mickey mouse. I thought it was for giving up and coming players a chance, not fielding your strongest team. Cracking match all the same.

Nickelodeon

Very impressed with Van Dijks penalty. Saw Kepa was had chosen to play mind games and stood at one side and then proceeded to score exactly there. He is exactly the sort of personality you would want as your rock of defence.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
How come this is a big trophy all of a sudden? I'm sure Fergie couldn't be arsed with it back in the day. Not taking anything away from these teams. Both are top level. I just think this cup is a bit Mickey mouse. I thought it was for giving up and coming players a chance, not fielding your strongest team. Cracking match all the same.
im not a massive fan of it, nor the CWC. Carabao is one of those where if you win it then great its another to add to the list, if you dont, meh, so what? Domestically the FA cup has always been the pot to win, besides the league

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Well, it's a cup and a trophy after all. The fact that FA Cup lost much of its appeal also is kind of tragic imo.

If anything, this new "top 4 trophy" and celebrating 4th place is something that I will never quite understand. Especially, since we are not Burnley (or Arsenal).

Wilt

How come this is a big trophy all of a sudden? I’m sure Fergie Fergie couldn’t be arsed with it back in the day. Not taking anything away from these teams. Both are top level. I just think this cup is a bit Mickey mouse. I thought it was for giving up and coming players a chance, not fielding your strongest team. Cracking match all the same.
SAF won it four times, so yeah he could be “arsed with it”.