Chevrolet Logo Discussion (Manchester United Kits 2015/16)

Shark

@NotShark
Why couldn't they just give the black one a normal bange ect.? it would have been perfect..

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The badge on the black one looks funny all in red, I don't get why they've done that.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I'd have preferred the stripes on the white kit to be black other than that all ok. We've have one colour badges before.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm sure General Motors pulled the Chevy line from the UK, I could be wrong. It wasn't that long after we announced our deal in fact.
Yeah, they'll no longer be in Europe come next year which makes it even weirder that they'd decided to pay so much to sponsor English team. Perhaps they're focused on marketing in Asia and America, or maybe we'll switch to one of other GM brands that's present in Europe in the future?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Yeah, they'll no longer be in Europe come next year which makes it even weirder that they'd decided to pay so much to sponsor English team. Perhaps they're focused on marketing in Asia and America, or maybe we'll switch to one of other GM brands that's present in Europe in the future?
Pretty much every United game was shown live in the states last year.

In fact I bet there isn't many United games in the last 10 yrs that hasn't been on telly in the US.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Pretty much every United game was shown live in the states last year.

In fact I bet there isn't many United games in the last 10 yrs that hasn't been on telly in the US.
Sure but how much exposure does being on United shirt gain you when football is clearly not as popular there as in Europe? They're paying us £500m or something to advertise a car brand not even present in our country of origin or anywhere we play.

I wonder how tough it'd be for GM to have two different sets of kits - one with Opel and one with Chevrolet and alternate between games. Is this even allowed?

The White Pele

Red home with white stripes
White away with red stripes
Black third with red stripes.

I think that's pretty much exactly what we would have all asked for so not much cause for complaint. Just a shame about the badge on the black kit.

ghagua

The guy who negotiated the deal with United got fired for that specific deal.

Kag

The home kit is a cracking design.

The logo is what it is, but these are good kits all things considered.

Roosney

The home kit is a cracking design.

The logo is what it is, but these are good kits all things considered.
This. The logo and the tagline aren't that bad really but the gold gradient on a piece of clothing gets under my skin. They have an all white design of it so why not use it instead.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I don't like that combination of black and red for the alternative kit, but home and away are simple, in a very good way.

predator

Youth NITK
How much will these shirts cost then (in the UK)?
I haven't bought a football shirt for ages so I'm unsure how much they cost nowadays.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How much will these shirts cost then (in the UK)?
I haven't bought a football shirt for ages so I'm unsure how much they cost nowadays.
Probably in the region of £50 if you buy directly from the club. If I remember right they're usually a bit cheaper from the likes of JJB or wherever.

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't know what's worse: Grown men getting their knickers in a twist over a corporate logo on a football shirt they are probably too old to be wearing anyway, or me reading grown men getting their knickers in a twist over a corporate logo on a football shirt.
Whats this ridiculous notion about grown men being being 'too old' to wear football shirts? Btw I agree with the rest of the post.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Shows how long it is since I bought a shirt!
I bought this seasons away top in that freak online accident where tops were about £25. Haven't bought one since 08 before that! The Moscow top :drool:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sports Direct are the best bet for buying an official shirt.

Normally about £35-£40

kidbob

Don't care about the logo, if it means getting rid of our debt ASAP then so be it. When we are finally debt free our spending power will be as huge as any club.

decorativeed

Sports Direct are the best bet for buying an official shirt.

Normally about £35-£40
Shirts havent been that price for about three years. Basically, after Nike sold off Umbro, having effectively asset stripped them and removed the competition, the next kit was launched at a £60 price mark - up from a standard £45 the season before. My 6 year old lad got one for Christmas complete with Premier League patches, name and number. I was shocked to find it had cost £62!

stevoc

Don't care about the logo, if it means getting rid of our debt ASAP then so be it. When we are finally debt free our spending power will be as huge as any club.
Isn't it already? Within the next year or two we will probably be the richest club in the world.

Besides i doubt the Glazers would ever want the club to be totally debt free, there are some tax advantages to having a manageable level of debt.

Mora-16

Shirts havent been that price for about three years. Basically, after Nike sold off Umbro, having effectively asset stripped them and removed the competition, the next kit was launched at a £60 price mark - up from a standard £45 the season before. My 6 year old lad got one for Christmas complete with Premier League patches, name and number. I was shocked to find it had cost £62!
I bought my 15 yr old an official shirt from Sports Direct few days after they came out ,and it cost £38.
Got another from Megastore in September with PL patches, name and number and it cost £58 and that was with a discount.
The prices in the Megastore of course are higher, and the kids especially always want to get their kit from there, but for a good selection of kit and a better range of official jackets, I always go to the Manchester SD stores.
A friend who lives in London, finds it harder to get Utd stuff as most of the Sports Direct stock some Utd stuff, but stock wider range of London clubs, naturally.
But if you want official merchandise and dont want to pay Megastore megabucks, then Sports Direct is the place to go.

Btw, I neither work for SD nor have shares in the company:)