Choose one important issue we need to address to challenge in all competitions next season

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Fullbacks.

To have Antonio and Young for last 5 seasons as FB in a club like United without proper back up and competition is shocking.

We could do better with the likes of A Robertson / /Kieran Trippier/Ben Davies / Bertrand / Ben Chiwell in our squad. All of those names shoud be easy to get. To bad we just ignore them and spent time trying to get big names.
Players who play for Liverpool and Spurs will never be easy to get.

SER19

Hunger, mental strength, attitude. Whichever of these terms you feel suits best.

We have a talented enough squad to compete. The pattern of defeats under each of our past three managers has been similar. Nobody can tell me a significant number of our players really gave much of a shit about losing to the worst team in the league. We know they can muster the passion we’ve seen it in bigger games when needed, but top teams do it every game. Whether it’s a collective apathy, or too many players too focused on their own place in the squad or future it needs to be sorted, we need to become a team that wants to win together not individuals that want to play well.

JK-27

More fluidity and pace in attack, quicker in the transition from defence to attack. Jose was right, they try and play too complicated sometimes (which seems to be against his wishes, so why are the players not doing what Jose asks of them?).

JMack1234

Attacking movement.

I think the biggest difference between us and the other top teams in the prem is how static our attack is compared to other teams. We've an amazing collection of attacking players who need to be coached into a coherent, organised and flexible attacking system.

Webb97

We need to change our tacics completey, We're boring to watch. We were exciting at the start of the season but died off but we could do with some attacking fullbacks and maybe even another player in the matic mold so we can push pogba further up where he needs to be played

AkaAkuma

Fullbacks who can overlap. They'll open space for our wide forwards.

EyeInTheSky

Ruthlessly get rid of bang average players.
Fellaini, Blind, Darmian, Rojo.

Replace some decent players with better
Mata, Young, Jones

A proper right winger, a central midfielder, a left back is a must.

However, i think the approach from the manager needs looking. Players are more often not pumped up for important games. And whosoever we sign turns shite syndrome needs to be binned.
What is this obsession with banging average players??

Parry Gallister

The main issue which I believe must be sorted is our incredibly slow build up out of defence. It makes us so ineffective and not only that, boring to watch.

To remedy this we need two quality attacking full backs and a CB that can take the ball forward out of defence.

We need players with the right DNA and confidence to be able to go forward. Not sideways or backwards as it is now.

Those 3 new additions (naming no names) would take us to the level required imo.

Thoughts on this subject?
Lindelof could be that ball playing cb, he's still only settling in and has been alright for a couple of months now. Do agree we could do with one but it's not a priority for me atm, even if I can't say I'm confident that any of our cbs are top top level (due to injuries, being new or any other reasons).

The more glaring issue that needs addressing are fullbacks on both sides and someone to give width on the right imo. We'll need another CM or DM with Carrick retiring, even more so if Fellaini goes. Don't think Pogba is going anywhere but if he did then we'd be almost at crisis level short there.

SpyLuke10

Set pieces. With our height we should be scoring a lot more goals from corners. We are also totally shambolic when it comes to defending set pieces, feels like 3/4 of the goals we concede are goals like the one we conceded to west brom, scrappy set piece goals. This also plays right in to our terrible results against Huddersfield, Bristol, Basel, Newcastle and West Brom. 5 teams that we should never be losing to. Also draws to Stoke, Leicester, Burnley and Southampton.

automaticflare

Fullbacks, even one on the right side would do me. Valencia is a warrior but he has lack of end product. Young on left can put in decent crosses but could still be upgraded.

In every game, always play someone who will run behind defence into space like rashford does

That might be two things

ghagua

Let the players play attacking football, or teach them how on the training pitch.

T A

Stop making weird starting choices. Without a doubt i’m a Jose’s big fan but if next season he still keeps picking the likes of Fellaini, Smalling and Lingard as regular starters then i’m officially out of his fan club. There is absolutely no hope, no tactic, no money, no magic, no way at all that could make us a real title contender in PL/CL if this situation goes on