Chris Rigg

Ekeke

Sign him. Classy looking left footed dribbler, might take a while but hes a clear talent that would eventually be first team starter material. And I know we also have some youngsters who are similar but he has experience in the championship and clearly ahead of them

CallyRed

Let's hope he doesn't get signed by one of the oil clubs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think signing him would be amongst the best signings we can make in the upcoming transfer window imo. I created a thread in the FF about him, and his potential is huge. I remember mentioning Leny Yoro last year and I think if we could sign players like Yoro and Chris Rigg, then that will propel us in years to come. I think both players still need development and I think sending Rigg to OGC Nice on loan and having Leny Yoro in the rotation at CB would be a good way to further develop the team.

Prodigal7

I think signing him would be amongst the best signings we can make in the upcoming transfer window imo. I created a thread in the FF about him, and his potential is huge. I remember mentioning Leny Yoro last year and I think if we could sign players like Yoro and Chris Rigg, then that will propel us in years to come. I think both players still need development and I think sending Rigg to OGC Nice on loan and having Leny Yoro in the rotation at CB would be a good way to further develop the team.
Agreed. Which midfield position do you see Rigg settling in? He’s played 6,8 and 10 across the Sunderland and England teams.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Nice. He’s another FM legend for what it’s worth

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed. Which midfield position do you see Rigg settling in? He’s played 6,8 and 10 across the Sunderland and England teams.
He's still 16 (17 in June) but for me he's a #8 who can drop deep to receive passes as a deeper roaming playmaker and can also get forward and receive passes between the opponent's defensive lines. A very cultured player with a lovely left foot and a high technical level where his ability on the ball really sticks out.

I feel we should push the boat out and sign him if there's a possibility of the youngster wanting to move. He's a player with craft, guile and pausa which we have lacked for many years until the recent emergence of Kobbie Mainoo. And I think Chris Rigg is in the same category as far as his ability on the ball is concerned. And it'll be interesting to see how he develops physically in the next 12 to 18 months because his technical quality is very high for his age.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I love that we now have that option. Multi club FTW :drool:
(Although there is maybe an arguement that they are a better club/team than us currently and we should be developing their future stars?!!) I jest

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I love that we now have that option. Multi club FTW :drool:
(Although there is maybe an arguement that they are a better club/team than us currently and we should be developing their future stars?!!) I jest
I know you say that in 'jest' but I'm confident we'd finish above Brest in the French league which Nice have failed to do. :D

Borninthe80ts

I think the thing I like about him most is his goal threat. He has really good timing arriving late in the box and score all types of goals, including being pretty good in the air.

We do have a good set of midfielders in the youth team and I was initially concerned with him maybe blocking a pathway so to speak. However when his profile is different to the top prospects it’s worth the purchase I think.

His not going to be first team ready but as has been said a good loan, maybe even back to Sunderland, will hopefully mean in two years his able to contribute.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Exactly the profile of Championship-based midfielder we should be eyeing up, along with Archie Gray. They could be the future of Manchester United, along with Mainoo, Garnacho, Højlund, Amass and company. :drool:

Much rather not-quite-there-yet but ascendent talents with noteworthy skill, composure and press-resistance than middle-of-the-road veterans.

Potentially loaning him to Nice is a good shout; looks a nifty fit for Francesco Farioli's brand of football (proficient through the half-spaces, and could seamlessly operate as a No. 10 or No. 8 in 2—3—2—3 and 3—2—2—3 buildups).

davidmichael

Exactly the profile of Championship-based midfielder we should be eyeing up, along with Archie Gray. They could be the future of Manchester United, along with Mainoo, Garnacho, Højlund, Amass and company. :drool:

Much rather not-quite-there-yet but ascendent talents with noteworthy skill, composure and press-resistance than middle-of-the-road veterans.

Potentially loaning him to Nice is a good shout; looks a nifty fit for Francesco Farioli's brand of football (proficient through the half-spaces, and could seamlessly operate as a No. 10 or No. 8 in 2—3—2—3 and 3—2—2—3 buildups).
I’d love us to sign Gray as I think he has all the makings of a genuine top quality defensive midfielder and the type that Mainoo would thrive alongside, long term could see Rigg and Fletcher fighting it out for the attacking midfield role whilst I think McAllister and Fitzgerald could also break through into squad players too.

Ekeke

Is he similar to Fletcher in the academy?
He's a CM but has played more on the right wing than there just to get in the team and get experience for Sunderland. I'd say he's a better dribbler and Fletcher may actually have a bit more vision but he gives the ball away more at this moment in time and obviously thats at u18s level let alone the step up to the championship.

WirralRed

He's a CM but has played more on the right wing than there just to get in the team and get experience for Sunderland. I'd say he's a better dribbler and Fletcher may actually have a bit more vision but he gives the ball away more at this moment in time and obviously thats at u18s level let alone the step up to the championship.
Thanks for the analysis, a lot of CM’s start out on the wings in men’s football, I remember Darren Fletcher coming through and playing there.

Brophs

The One and Only
Chris Rigg’s on fire
Seventh place is terrified
Chris Rigg’s on fire
Nananananananananananana

Scholsey2004

I dont think he'd be a central midfielder at the top level. He'd be an attacking midfielder like Foden, who he's quite similar to stylistically. Given Fernandes is 29/30 and Rigg is a left footer and we're short on the right there seems to be a good line of progression at United for him.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I dont think he'd be a central midfielder at the top level. He'd be an attacking midfielder like Foden, who he's quite similar to stylistically. Given Fernandes is 29/30 and Rigg is a left footer and we're short on the right there seems to be a good line of progression at United for him.
I feel he is the same type of player as a Harvey Eliott. I doubt he'd have any serious issues in center midfield at the top level.