Chris Smalling image 12

Chris Smalling England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Dramatic. No worse than Maguire and Lindelof at the very least.

Smalling is probably better than Lindelof in most departments and less error prone (marginally.)
:lol: :lol: . Ok, it is your opinion and i am not laughing to you because i respect every opinion but imo, that is nonsense.

RUCK4444

:lol: :lol: . Ok, it is your opinion and i am not laughing to you because i respect every opinion but imo, that is nonsense.
Same here. But I’m not sure why you think Lindelof is so much better than Smalling.

I don’t think he was before Smalling left and his stint in Roma only confirms that more or less imo. Like I say I don’t think we would see a massive improvement with Smalling but I bet he would secure the spot next to Maguire ahead of Lindelof.

Smalling is more assured, less ‘last ditch’ than Lindelof. I actually sympathise with Lindelof more than most in here, I just think Smalling is the more stable defender.

I never feel at ease with Lindelof, even though he had an ok season. Again it’s not much better with Smalling, I just edge towards him over Victor.

E-mal

If he can raise 50% of the fee for Upemecano, I wouldnt mind. I wont even care if we can sell him and Bailly to raise funds for Upemecano.

Shimo

It will be absolutely asinine to sell him for 15-20m upcoming season unless we can use that for a absolutely quality CB to take his place. Tuanzebe, Jones, Rojo, Baily have been unreliable at best and the Lindelof/Maguire partnership has been decent but, not one that gives anyone confidence of the bedrock of a league/CL winning team.

This past season was a somewhat throwaway in some sense to rebuild but, now we've got to show some progress, that means we have to be able to at the very least rotate and also put some competition for Lindelof. I like Baily but, he is not reliable both in terms of health and quality at times and an Injury to either Maguire / Lindelof and we are in trouble for a reliable CB to hold down the fort.

Machine Elements

Cannot wait for him to be sold so that we stop hearing people wanting him back and acting as if he is some kind of a top defender. It seems people who wants smalling back have short memories he was here at the club for 8 years (or even more than that) and never produced consistently great performances. He made stupid mistakes himself. He was a decent defender but that was his level. Is he better than lindelof? Maybe/Maybe not but he definitely is not the answer.
I also can't wait for the day some people finally find out that both Maguire & Lindelöf are as average CBs as they come and advocating their sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.