Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick08

Such a load of shit that I can't help but think you're genuinely just blind to the criticism he gets or just deciding to ignore it. No point continuing this and it's derailing the thread, if you honestly can't see that Pogba is the target of more criticism than your average player then there's nothing more to be said. If I see it anyone can? Most people know Pogba gets a hell of a lot of criticism, even a lot of his detractors would probably admit that he's easily one of the most criticised players in the league.

Just go look back at the Pogba/matchday threads on this very forum, or failing that go look at all the media scrutiny he's received and the insane amount of articles written about him. The man has been under the microscope pretty much since day one of his United career.
You think he won't get it at Madrid?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He might be more taciturn about it than Pogba but the motives are identical. Both have expressed a desire to leave, both will only leave for the right club. Unlike Eriksen, Pogba hadn't even come out and explicitly stated it himself. You're desperate to beleive Eriksen's motives are far more honourable than Pogbas, but you're delusional if you think he'll be playing unperturbed if Spurs refuse to sell him to Madrid.
That's kind of the whole difference: spurs won't refuse to sell him. United might - and so far they have.

Skills

Snitch
This is true, but it's a shit move and disrespectful to the club and fans who have treated him well for 5 years. And although he might run down his contract I would expect him to sign a new deal with a reasonable release clause and a generous sign on fee from us instead of leaving on a free the season after.
I never get this - why's it disrespectful? Isn't it disrespectful that Spurs have kept him on an undervalued contract for that long? You guys have got more than your money's worth for the amount you paid for him & the amount of salary you've been paying him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I never get this - why's it disrespectful? Isn't it disrespectful that Spurs have kept him on an undervalued contract for that long? You guys have got more than your money's worth for the amount you paid for him & the amount of salary you've been paying him.
His new contract would be probably £160-180K a week, which was probably offered to him last season, he wont get much more at Madrid. Also I didn't hear him complain about his old contract when he signed it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That's kind of the whole difference: spurs won't refuse to sell him. United might - and so far they have.
So have Spurs. :angel:

It's relative. Both will sell - for the right price.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Maybe, but so far, there is no right price for Pogba because united refuse to talk
Its definitely Pogba over Eriksen isn't it for ZZ? Its the only reason that I can see why it hasn't happened yet, TBH I don't really know why Madrid are in for Eriksen.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Based on? Are Spurs in negotiations?
Spurs aren't in negotiations because nobody has contacted them yet. On the other hand we've been trying to get United to open negotiations for Pogba for a couple weeks now

ivaldo

Spurs aren't in negotiations because nobody has contacted them yet. On the other hand we've been trying to get United to open negotiations for Pogba for a couple weeks now
Says who?

Marca? Who reports we are now negotiating with Madrid? Express? Who say we want to tie up SMS before entering negotiation? MEN? Who say you have offered £72mil + Bale/Isco?

ivaldo

Multiple reports, and also simple logic. We aren't gonna wait late august to start trying to sign the player
Multiple reports that are all saying something different, including reports that say we are negotiating. See previous post's edit.

Patrick08

Well he was by far your best player productivity wise.
Majority of those were in those 10 games after Jose sacking and from penalties. After international break, when he flirted with Zidane and madrid, the effort he put was stark contrast to those 10 games.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Multiple reports that are all saying something different, including reports that say we are negotiating. See previous post's edit.
You are negotiating now. After Raiola went public

ivaldo

20 minutes ago there had been no report of you being willing to sell :D
Course there was, which is still in complete contrast with dozens of other equally contrasting reports.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Course there was, which is still in complete contrast with dozens of other equally contrasting reports.
The article from marca literally open with "united asking for time to find a substitute, their stance changed in the last couple days from a total refusal to wait for them to sign a replacement first"

It also goes on to mention real madrid had previously twice asked united to name a price

There is no report of United naming a price or being open to sell before today

ivaldo

The article from marca literally open with "united asking for time to find a substitute, their stance changed in the last couple days from a total refusal to wait for them to sign a replacement first"

It also goes on to mention real madrid had previously twice asked united to name a price

There is no report of United naming a price or being open to sell before today
And Marca literally stated there was no price we would sell him for just a few days ago. They've also said Pogba's move back to Turin was 'inching closer.' Before that they said the quoted price was €150mil. Seems perfectly legit to me... :wenger:

Then we have a plethora of other news outlets that are reporting entirely different things.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Precisely. Someone offers an amount less than what Spurs want for him, and let's face it, with Levy's crazy valuations that's entirely possible, then you think Eriksen will just continue to play at the best of his abilities. As I've said, he's far more diplomatic about this, but it's all the same.

Now show me the quote where Pogba himself openly declares he wants to leave.
If you can't see the difference between Eriksen and Pogba then you're being wilfully blind.

Pogba has for a while now has been toxic to the United camp and its team spirit, whilst Eriksen has been a model professional. Pogba is not open to signing a new contract, whilst Eriksen has said it's a possible outcome. Pogba is desperate to leave, whilst Eriksen is open to the possibility of staying.

ivaldo

If you can't see the difference between Eriksen and Pogba then you're being wilfully blind.

Pogba has for a while now has been toxic to the United camp and its team spirit, whilst Eriksen has been a model professional. Pogba is not open to signing a new contract, whilst Eriksen has said it's a possible outcome. Pogba is desperate to leave, whilst Eriksen is open to the possibility of staying.
And Pogba also hasn't explicitly come out and said he wants to leave. Eriksen has. Eriksen specifically said he'd be open to signing a new contract if no big club comes in for him. As much as you want to pretend otherwise, if a big club comes in for Eriksen and Spurs refuses to sell, he wont be this beacon of professionalism anymore. Stop kidding yourself.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
If u can´t get Eriksen, just buy Forsberg. Very talented guy.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And Pogba also hasn't explicitly come out and said he wants to leave. Eriksen has. Eriksen specifically said he'd be open to signing a new contract if no big club comes in for him. As much as you want to pretend otherwise, if a big club comes in for Eriksen and Spurs refuses to sell, he wont be this beacon of professionalism anymore. Stop kidding yourself.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48887835https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48887835 I mean his agent has clearly come out and said he wants to go .. unless you think he's going against his client's will?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
No, he's left his agent to say that for him. Are you actually disputing that Pogba wants out?

As I keep saying - and which you keep ignoring - Eriksen is open to the possibility of staying, whilst Pogba is not. That's the key difference.

Spurs won't refuse to sell Eriksen if the likes of RM want him and offer a reasonable sum … so the question of Eriksen acting up won't arise. And if the likes of RM don't want him, then he's said he'd be OK with staying … so again the question of Eriksen acting up wouldn't arise.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Eriksen doesn't need to act up as he only 6 months left till he talk to clubs abroad. I think he wont extend.

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Based on? Are Spurs in negotiations?
In your opinion, why would he not be it’s not like he would have long to wait to go on a free transfer and double what ever wage a club is offering now. Go and read the interview he gave regarding his future.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Eriksen doesn't need to act up as he only 6 months left till he talk to clubs abroad. I think he wont extend.
All depends who is in for him, he desperately wants Madrid, he would be interested in Barca, Juve, Munich the problem is most of those clubs have players of his type.

ivaldo

In your opinion, why would he not be it’s not like he would have long to wait to go on a free transfer and double what ever wage a club is offering now. Go and read the interview he gave regarding his future.
I have read it, where he said he wants to leave. Clearly, he’ll only entertain a contract renewal if no clubs of reputable status come in for him. Explain to me how that is any different to the Pogba situation.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I have read it, where he said he wants to leave. Clearly, he’ll only entertain a contract renewal if no clubs of reputable status come in for him. Explain to me how that is any different to the Pogba situation.
Pogba's contract isn't up soon?

ivaldo

No, he's left his agent to say that for him. Are you actually disputing that Pogba wants out?

As I keep saying - and which you keep ignoring - Eriksen is open to the possibility of staying, whilst Pogba is not. That's the key difference.

Spurs won't refuse to sell Eriksen if the likes of RM want him and offer a reasonable sum … so the question of Eriksen acting up won't arise. And if the likes of RM don't want him, then he's said he'd be OK with staying … so again the question of Eriksen acting up wouldn't arise.
Probably does want out. Possibility he’ll take a mammoth contract offer at United as well. Either way it isn’t as incontestable as the playing himself coming out and explicitly declaring his desire to move.

Honestly, it’s not hard. Eriksen is only interested in staying if no other club of repute come in for him. You’re arguing semantics. If no other club of repute comes in for Pogba, do you think he wouldn’t be open to a new deal? The difference is Eriksen has refused to sign a new contract up until this point, and clubs have made their desire to sign Pogba well known. Or are you trying to tell me Spurs haven’t offered Eriksen a new deal up until now?

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pogba's contract isn't up soon?
Come on, surely its not difficult to understand. RM and Juve is calling - Pogba wants to leave. If they are not in, he stays. Pretty much like how Eriksen is now.

If RM or Juve is not in for Pogba, he stays again just like Eriksen. Difference is Eriksen is a free agent next year while Pogba still has 3 years.

lysglimt

Scout
Come on, surely its not difficult to understand. RM and Juve is calling - Pogba wants to leave. If they are not in, he stays. Pretty much like how Eriksen is now.

If RM or Juve is not in for Pogba, he stays again just like Eriksen. Difference is Eriksen is a free agent next year while Pogba still has 3 years.
Yup - we can say no and still get more or less the same fee next summer - Eriksen can sign for a new club in january. There is a difference yes.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And Eriksen has clearly said he wants to go...
Didn't deny that.

Both Eriksen & Pogba want to leave their clubs. I think they want to leave for very different reasons, but they do both want to leave. Both have made that pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.