Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You really think Levy sees it that way? Leicester have forced us to pay out 80m for Maguire all the while knowing he's not as good as VVD
Levy doesn't have a choice really, he's lost the Levyrage with Eriksen only having 1 year left.

Either sell him now and take as much as you can, or lose him for nothing next year.

In the current market how much will it take to get another player like Eriksen? 50/60m + easily. Even then you're not guaranteed they'd be as good.

-Supreme-

Also as crap as we have been I am sure levy sees the danger in letting us have Erikson. We could probably close the gap between ourselves and Spurs with a midfield that has Pogba and Erikson
Pogba will be sold if we get Eriksen, and before anyone says Pogba isn't suited to the 10 role in this Ole's team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He can sign a pre contract in January. There would be no sale.
They could still technically sell him in January, but they wouldn't get much.

Eriksen could talk to other clubs legally at that point though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Surely Spurs would just sell him in January? Can't understand why they'd let him go now if he dosen't get a move to Real Madrid.
As far as I can tell, there has been little to no interest shown in Eriksen this window. Nothing in the way of a concrete bid at least. Maybe Levy is getting concerned? Consider his position in all of this, the last thing he wants is to lose one of his most prized assets on a free transfer, not when the money from his transfer could fund Le Celso or assist with the loan repayments. Shareholders wouldn't be best pleased either.

He doesn't want to sell to United or any PL club for that matter, but he may not have a choice.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
The Fernandes story to Spurs picked up steam at the same time. Maybe Spurs need funds to complete that deal before Thursday. United the only suitors at this time.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Is this gaining traction?
Kind of, but not really. I think ESPN and AS are saying we’re interested, nothing more and no reports of any bids yet. I also have doubts over Eriksen’s desire to join us seeing as he can go for free to any club next summer.

flappyjay

Now that I think about it we could be getting used by Eriksons. He is supposed to be the back up Madrid don't get Pogba and this is probably what's held up everything for Erikson. Maybe they want madrid to make a move. Even with a year left I just don't see how that cnut Levy negotiates a reasonable price.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Pogba will be sold if we get Eriksen, and before anyone says Pogba isn't suited to the 10 role in this Ole's team.
Pogba surely won’t be sold this summer, but I’d be surprised if he stays beyond next summer. That is regardless of whether or not we sign Eriksen.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Feck Dybala, let’s get this guy!
He’d probably be a better signing than Dybala. He has been consistently class over several seasons now whereas Dybala hasn’t. I also think he’s more suited to us because of his higher work rate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pogba at least at the start of the season is guaranteed to be playing deeper and the club themselves have said they're looking for a number 10. Pogba aint going anywhere this summer so it would be Pogba and Eriksen if it were to happen

charlenefan

Pogba surely won’t be sold this summer, but I’d be surprised if he stays beyond next summer. That is regardless of whether or not we sign Eriksen.
It honestly depends on what happens at Madrid doesn't it. If Zidane doesn't make it the season and is replaced by Mourinho you really think Pogba will want to go to Madrid then? Other potential replacements for Zidane would be Poch you would think and I'm not sure he'd go all out for Pogba either

From what we've read the Madrid board really aren't sure on Pogba and it's Zidane that's the one that's pushing the whole thing

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No one is going to be desperate enough to pay money for him in January just to have the privilege of him for the final 4 months of the season. It's now, never (if he signs a new contract) or next summer
Didn't Alexis only have 6 months left on his deal? Mind you that was a swop. Maybe you can agree to give Spurs four of your CBs!

I'd be very surprised if this all happened anyway, not sure this is what Eriksen was thinking of at start of summer. Would be what Man. United are needing in CM though so can understand the desire from this end.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Didn't Alexis only have 6 months left on his deal? Mind you that was a swop. Maybe you can agree to give Spurs four of your CBs!

I'd be very surprised if this all happened anyway, not sure this is what Eriksen was thinking of at start of summer. Would be what Man. United are needing in CM though so can understand the desire from this end.
Why wouldn't he want to join one of the biggest football clubs in the world and get paid large sums of money for the privilege?

AgentP

The Fernandes story to Spurs picked up steam at the same time. Maybe Spurs need funds to complete that deal before Thursday. United the only suitors at this time.
That sounds about right. Eriksen is better than Fernandes so I'm all for this deal. But if this doesn't work out, I hope we can get Bruno.

charlenefan

Well Ducker was the one that broke the Dybala off story so....

Decomposing In Paris

Not that it's any kind of measuring stick, but a number of Spurs fans online have already turned on him. He missed a couple of penalties in preseason and they come out with stuff about his stats covering up his nothing contribution. I think this might be weirdly on.

Fooza

Meh just feel we going to fund spurs to buy someone even better. I'll take him though since we desperate.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not that it's any kind of measuring stick, but a number of Spurs fans online have already turned on him. He missed a couple of penalties in preseason and they come out with stuff about his stats covering up his nothing contribution. I think this might be weirdly on.
When Walker was about to leave they said Trippier is better. When Toby rejected contract, they said he isn't as good anymore and Sanchez is better (Toby ended up as first choice last season anyways), now Eriksen wants to leave they will highlight the negatives.

charlenefan

Meh just feel we going to fund spurs to buy someone even better. I'll take him though since we desperate.
Is Bruno Fernandes or Lo Celso better than Eriksen? He's not even that older than either either

davidmichael

Real don't have the money to sign Pogba hence their derisory bid of £30 million plus James Rodriguez so Pogba isn’t going anywhere this summer regardless of whether we sign another midfielder or not, you are right in that Pogba as a 10 doesn’t work but Eriksen 100% does and Eriksen also has the ability to control and dictate the tempo.

I think Pogba is a 2 man midfield interchanging with Eriksen where Pogba rampages forward beyond Eriksen at times could work well especially with a far better defence with Maguire and Wan-Bissaka there, McTominay has the energy to do the defensive work and Eriksen can can interchange with Pogba.

Pogba needs someone with endless energy in a 2 man midfield and whilst McTominay isn’t on Kante’s level he does have the same drive and stamina to do the same role for Pogba at United as Kante does for Pogba for France, I think that our piss poor defence has stopped Pogba being able to work in a midfield 2 but with Lindelof and Maguire both being very comfortable at bringing the ball out into midfield and beyond Pogba could excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.