Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
I have a feeling this is a leak to get us all excited only for us to be even more frustrated than if they didn't brief anything!

Ronaldo's Love Child

Right-what am I missing here ?

Eriksen is a class player but do we really need another attacking midfielder when we still can't find Pogba's best position ?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Any more news @Champ ?
Nothing new to report, as far as I know figures have been discussed which I believe to be around the £60m mark but nothing new since the other day I'm afraid.
I can confirm that the reports saying spurs are the ones forcing the issue with his sales are true. Spurs want to sell this window.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No bids came in for him, I’d say his agent briefed any interested club that he will be available on a free next summer.
I'd say that there is a chance yes - Eriksen clearly just wants to leave now and we really need to sell him and very quickly to enable us to get money in to get a replacement. As much as selling to Utd would not be ideal, if you guys are interested and put the money up and nobody else does then we will 100% sell him to you.
Cheers. Thanks guys. I still think its highly unlikely but nice to know its not a total non-starter.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nothing new to report, as far as I know figures have been discussed which I believe to be around the £60m mark but nothing new since the other day I'm afraid.
I can confirm that the reports saying spurs are the ones forcing the issue with his sales are true. Spurs want to sell this window.
Cheers keep us posted.

Nick7

oh we have an ITK in our midst :drool:

minh_loc_xoay

I saw Erikson many times last season. I moved to London recently and my work colleague is a spurs fan, so I went to Wembley quite a bit. Let me tell you, he's not the player he once was, he was really sluggish and lost the ball quite a lot. He hardly ran and mostly jogged around waiting for the ball to come to him, and when it did come he was brushed off it quite easily like Mata. I think he would be quite a frustrating player if he were to come to United.

Just my observation from seeing him in live matches, not just the televised matches that most people here would have seen him. Interesting to see what Spurs fans make of his performances last season?
Abort, abort mission! Clearly Sanchez version 2 there! :nervous:

Fer

Eriksen seems a fan favorite. Although, he wasn't mentioned that much in the caf's dream transfer summer.

Eriksen would be be better considering his experience in the league. But Fernandes is more realistic and I assume he is eager to play for us compared with the likes of Eriksen and Dybala.

I would be happy with any of them. They are quality players and better than Mata/Lingard for the No.10 position.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why do we seem hell bent on signing an attacking mid all of a sudden? We weren’t even after one until the Dybala links came out.

DavidJ

There is another factor you guys are missing. His family.

They just had a baby, and his girlfriend is VERY happy in England. She has a succesful career herself.

Moving to another country where she doesn't know the language? With a new-born, leaving her career behind along with her friends? I'm pretty certain that she will be an advocate for staying in England. And Eriksen has that meek *****whipped personality so her opinion carries weight.

I think they biggest obstacle is Eriksen himself. He does not like the idea of letting down all those Spurs fans. He's very loyal to his clubs and their fanbase, and he risks being remembered as a Judas if he moves to a significant domestic rival. Especially if the perception is that he did it for money.

Raw

Why do we seem hell bent on signing an attacking mid all of a sudden? We weren’t even after one until the Dybala links came out.
I'm not sure myself. Maybe we plan to play Pogba a bit deeper, or have both him and a new AM further forward with one DM behind. Which sounds suicidal, I'd much rather we got a defensive midfielder.

Jerome Holland

I never said that he didn't join for the money.

Money is the ultimate lure for a professional footballer, we all know that, and United can afford to meet their expectations more than most. Thus we still an attractive proposition for anyone.

That and we're one of the biggest, most supported footbll clubs in the world, with a history few clubs compare to or ever hope to replicate.
This is what it ultimately boils down to, in any job its about money. A footballers career is only so long, as for Eriksen he knows spurs have reached the ceiling for him. if he is willing to play Europa for one season and being one of the senior players in a squad that is crying out for his quality i will go for him in a heart beat. Much less of a risk than Bruno Fernandes.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think they biggest obstacle is Eriksen himself. He does not like the idea of letting down all those Spurs fans. He's very loyal to his clubs and their fanbase, and he risks being remembered as a Judas if he moves to a significant domestic rival. Especially if the perception is that he did it for money.
Hasn't he already said he is looking for a new challenge? It's not like he'd be going to Arsenal either.

Baneofthegame

It’s not happening, just like people hanging on to Dybala, this is our squad rolling into the season potentially minus Lukaku.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
@InLevyITrust @SquishyMcSquish @balaks I'm sorry if you guys have been asked this before, but do you genuinely see Spurs selling him to Utd? I reckon there's absolutely no chance of it happening.
I see Levy trying to cash in because otherwise we'll lose him on a free.

What I do not see is Eriksen abandoning a huge signing on fee and his pick of elite clubs on the continent in order to get a move to Manchester United. Sorry, but I don't buy it whatsoever, he'll run out his contract and then go to a club who can guarantee him trophies AND huge money.

Same situation as Dybala imo. The clubs may well both reach an agreement but the player in question? He's going to want the world in order to agree to something like this because I honestly don't think you'd be his first, second, or even third choice..

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
There is another factor you guys are missing. His family.

They just had a baby, and his girlfriend is VERY happy in England. She has a succesful career herself.

Moving to another country where she doesn't know the language? With a new-born, leaving her career behind along with her friends? I'm pretty certain that she will be an advocate for staying in England. And Eriksen has that meek *****whipped personality so her opinion carries weight.

Nah he ran his contract down at Ajax to to get a move, just doing the same with us, I love the guy but he does come across as a bit of a smart cnut in interviews. I doubt letting us Spurs fans down is high on his agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.