Christmas Tree Draft - Group Stages - King Kendrick vs Isotope

With all players at their peak, which team do you think would win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Himannv

King Kendrick's Starting XI

vs

Isotope's Starting XI

King Kendrick's Tactics

DDG in goal.
Koeman and Stam as the CBs, traditional stopper/ball playing combo.
Cole is the more attacking of the full backs. Maicon wont bomb forward as much, as his runs will more so be dependent on ball positioning.

In the midfield 5, again going for a yin and yang feel. Makelele will drop back into the defense when faced with a counter, where he is more than comfortable.
KdB and Lamps should synergize well with one another, KdB will push out wider to allow space for Lamps to get his runs into the box, as well as to provide a little bit of cover for those runs.
Ballack wont push forward as much, but will pretty much partner Makelele, both to cover for Rivera's deficiency in defensive work rate as well as to be the water carrier/DLP to get the ball into forward areas. However, if the ball is pushed out wide right, he will move forward to enter the space Rivera vacated.
Rooney up top, again this version of Rooney is immediately post Ronaldo, where he was at his deadliest while still maintaining the last vestiges of his work rate.

Isotope's Tactics

Soaring up the team’s creativity is new addition of Zvonivir Boban, one of the best playmaker around. Mario Tresor is coming to tighten up the defence.

Stay true to the Tree Formation, players in midfield and attack are capable of drifting wide or stay inside/compact. Pace in attack is supported by energetic but skillful midfield. Instead of CM-wannabe-wingers, the midfield consist of true central midfielders who are capable of drifting wide. At the base is, as good as you can get defence on this Draft.

Proven Kopa and Fontaine axis is on attack. Kopa was one of the best dribbler and creative player, formed a telepathic partnership with Fontaine. Stoichkov on some sort of free role in attack to either driving from deep position, as striker, or going wide. He was one of the most complete players of his era: powerful, creative, and quick with the ball.

Supplying attack are midfielders who are all skilful, good passers, and tough, with excellent engine. All-time great centerback duo of Vasovic and Maldini, are both excellent defender and passers, who would ensure proper distribution to either midfield, or attack. The legendary Maldini is completed by the pace and ball playing of Tresor, The defense is completed by two of the most balanced fullbacks, in Briegel and Djalma Santos.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Maldini - Tresor - Stielike looks pretty much perfect to me. Combine that with the stunning front three, and @Isotope gets my vote. The injury shook up that wonderful midfield from last game, but that doesn't change my vote.

Still, there are things I like very much about @King Kendrick's team; he has the best backline in the draft, imo. I also like the combination of Koeman and Makelele. With Stam there as well, Koeman should have a lot of freedom to create plays from the back. When I saw him in full games, his impact in the buildup of attacks (including attacking passes) always stood out, and I think this often gets underrated in drafts. Massive player in the right environment (which I think he has here).

Lampard/Ballack/KdB/Rivera looks a bit too much of the same for me, in terms of players who are at their best roaming freely between 8 and 10 positions (even if they have different characteristics in part). But maybe I'm just lacking the imagination. Rooney at CF is nice, but I think I would have liked him + Drogba better here.

Rivera's deficiency in defensive work
Is that so? I remember @harms posting a compilation with quite impressive defensive workrate some time ago. Maybe Kendrick is underselling his team there.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Still, there are things I like very much about @King Kendrick's team; he has the best backline in the draft, imo. I also like the combination of Koeman and Makelele. With Stam there as well, Koeman should have a lot of freedom to create plays from the back. When I saw him in full games, his impact in the buildup of attacks (including attacking passes) always stood out, and I think this often gets underrated in drafts. Massive player in the right environment (which I think he has here).
Very much so. I remember thinking how much influence Koeman had in the Dead Drafters game between Holland and Denmark in 92 - he ran the show for Holland.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maldini - Tresor - Stielike looks pretty much perfect to me. Combine that with the stunning front three, and @Isotope gets my vote. The injury shook up that wonderful midfield from last game, but that doesn't change my vote.

Lampard/Ballack/KdB/Rivera looks a bit too much of the same for me, in terms of players who are at their best roaming freely between 8 and 10 positions (even if they have different characteristics in part). But maybe I'm just lacking the imagination. Rooney at CF is nice, but I think I would have liked him + Drogba better here.

Is that so? I remember @harms posting a compilation with quite impressive defensive workrate some time ago. Maybe Kendrick is underselling his team there.
Thanks, man. What do you think of Vasovic instead Tresor there? Or Vasovic in Stielike position?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Thanks, man. What do you think of Vasovic instead Tresor there? Or Vasovic in Stielike position?
Don't have a real picture of Vasovic as a player, tbh. But to me the trio you put in there is fantastic as a unit. Two well-rounded all time great CBs and Stielike to run the game from deep.

Himannv

I'd like to have seen Drogba start for King Kendrick maybe. I think him up front and peak Rooney in that inside left channel would work very well. Really good team from him here though - I like that defence and the Chelsea-themed midfield. Also, KdB can play in a number of roles in this tactic although I'd like him most as part of the midfield 3. Good drafting.

Having said that, Isotope has drafted very well and has one of the best squads. Nice balance everywhere, although I suppose there are question marks surrounding Djalma.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:D Sorry about that @King Kendrick . I dig your formation; flooding up the midfield, and allow both FBs to bomb forward. I'd love to watch that. It's more entertaining.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd like to have seen Drogba start for King Kendrick maybe. I think him up front and peak Rooney in that inside left channel would work very well. Really good team from him here though - I like that defence and the Chelsea-themed midfield. Also, KdB can play in a number of roles in this tactic although I'd like him most as part of the midfield 3. Good drafting.

Having said that, Isotope has drafted very well and has one of the best squads. Nice balance everywhere, although I suppose there are question marks surrounding Djalma.

Thanks, man. Appreciate the support. Hopefully it's good enough to beat Fulham.