City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

A points deduction doesn't touch the charges City face.

They should be looking at:
  • Forced ownership change
  • Stripped of titles
  • Expulsion from the league
  • Huge fines
  • Multi-year transfer ban
No faith that any of that will happen.

There is legal precedent for teams to bring lawsuits against them as well for damages. United, Liverpool and Chelsea would have won the league I'm sure in some of those seasons. Then there's also CL places.

Could get very messy for them if found guilty.

We can only hope I hope every club (not only in England) that feels robbed by their cheating sues the feck out of them, ties them up in the courts for years and takes their owners to the cleaners.

It's an admission of guilt. You couldn't refuse a breathalyser test if you've been pulled over.

They have to be relegated.

Refusing a breathalyzer test is an admission of guilt because it's been deemed as such by many laws.

It is negligence on the PL's part to not mandate compliance with all requests for information.

What a farce that sounds.

Why select one independent commission if you just defer to another one after what will always be an inevitable appeal. Moronic.

It's moronic that the appeal commission is set by the PL. I think the independent observer will take care of this, and become the court of final appeal.

To me, this is is a big part of why City are going down.
The guilt was already proved but CAS let them off because of time bar.
It now doesn’t matter that the proof was illegally obtained, it is now on the record as being factual.

The only REAL obstacle is the UK Government and if they block it then they look as corrupt as they are and we might all be better off looking for something fair to watch

Doesn't FIFA have very strict rules regarding governments interfering with national football associations?

If they do get involved England could be banned from International football.

Doesn't FIFA have very strict rules regarding governments interfering with national football associations?

It won’t be done on the books I’m sure.
A minister will sort it out with the PL chairman on the 19th hole over brandy and cigars…

If man City and Chelsea get off Scott free and by Scott free I mean a easily payable heavy fine and a silly points deduction, then it will be pointless following the premier league as it will be clearly massively corrupt and lose all credibility as a league

Am i right in thinking that everything post 2018 is ok for City and that it's just the 'creative accounting' before that that enabled them to get where they are that's the serious issue here?

Am i right in thinking that everything post 2018 is ok for City and that it's just the 'creative accounting' before that that enabled them to get where they are that's the serious issue here?

No, they face charges of refusing to hand over material after 2018

I doubt they have much violations in this period though, their injections have worked and they're self sufficient

Yes. So if the government tries to exert influence backdoors, all it takes is a whistleblower to get FIFA involved and have the government lean back, lean back

I can’t see them being punished significantly. City will not accept it and there is a balancing act between trying to make them comply (as much as possible) to FFP rules and the threat of them legally challenging existence of FFP which is inevitable at some stage.

Even if the did get relegated the damage is done now, they’d be straight back up and nothing would change.

I can’t see them being punished significantly. City will not accept it and there is a balancing act between trying to make them comply (as much as possible) to FFP rules and the threat of them legally challenging existence of FFP which is inevitable at some stage.

Even if the did get relegated the damage is done now, they’d be straight back up and nothing would change.

They need to do a Rangers, but worse, and dish them in the Isthmian league. But yes, you're right, feck all gonna happen.

No, they face charges of refusing to hand over material after 2018

I doubt they have much violations in this period though, their injections have worked and they're self sufficient
:lol:

Sometimes I swear you're trolling for your own amusement! There's no way, no way at all you believe that!

:lol:

Sometimes I swear you're trolling for your own amusement! There's no way, no way at all you believe that!

I swear I'm not

It's not implausible. Then again, I don't think revenue is tightly tied to how many core fans you had worldwide from the 80s and 90s. If you win trophies for a decade in the world's most popular league, feature in that league's most prominent games, and are recent European champions... Then that's a lot of potential for revenue pouring in (sponsors and prize money).

There are reports that United's revenue streams are starting to flag because of the lack of success. If success had no impact on revenues then why bother on what we win today?

Are City breaking rules post 2018? Possibly. Do they need to? Post 2018? I doubt it

I swear I'm not

It's not implausible. Then again, I don't think revenue is tightly tied to how many core fans you had worldwide from the 80s and 90s. If you win trophies for a decade in the world's most popular league, feature in that league's most prominent games, and are recent European champions... Then that's a lot of potential for revenue pouring in (sponsors and prize money).

There are reports that United's revenue streams are starting to flag because of the lack of success. If success had no impact on revenues then why bother on what we win today?

Are City breaking rules post 2018? Possibly. Do they need to? Post 2018? I doubt it
If you're talking about legitimate sponsors and wages in their entirety... I would be amazed. City would have little reason to obfuscate at the point of legitimacy and it's harmful for them to not disclose because it immediately lends thought to them still having things to hide with the only question revolving around: to what degree?

Let's assume I'm a conspiracy nut and have painted City with undue broad strokes, and they're not cooking anything and all wages are above board *deep breath :lol: * they would still have some way to go to match the fanbase and prestige of the longstanding giants and their plethora of revenue streams, but I would say they are some way to getting there now.

I'll also offer a bit of anecdotal evidence that I've been to quite a few places across the world the last few years and have seen City tops in abundance in very far flung places. Too many for comfort. So yeah, there's no doubt in my own mind that they are establishing themselves as the go to team for a new generation of fans seeking the shiniest, slickest team, but it still doesn't add up; even expedited, you don't become a world force - claiming market space from others - in the way City claim they have in such a short period of time. It'd be more believable from a Leeds or Newcastle with their fanatical following and more notable history and even then, it'd be fanciful. What would create the kind of paradigm shift we're to believe has occurred is a run of CL wins and a Messi or C.Ronaldo level signing, as those fans follow the player no matter where they play (I've seen an absurd number of C.Ronaldo adorned Saudi league tops and pink Messi tops, too) and they are huge in number, but there's no such thing available and the closest to it was Neymar, who just checked out of mainstream football.

Can someone update me on what is actually happening here? Is there new evidence or news, or just more attention after Everton?

The only fair punishment needs to be the removal of the type of ownership they have. Football was ruined when Chelsea and then City got those free billions and everyone had struggled to keep up ever since. Now Newcastle have gone the same route. You can’t even buy a club the way the Glazers took over us and we haven’t exactly profited from that. Remove the owners, remove the titles and remove any way of taking over a club in that way and bladdering daft amounts on players then maybe football can start getting back to how it was. FIFA and UEFA themselves should really introduce a blanket cap on transfers and wages but they’re more corrupt than anyone so that won’t happen. Nice to dream of the game being about football again though rather than money.

If they do not receive significant, game changing punishment, then not sure why the Prem would not turn in the the 'wild west'. Might as well go nuts Ratcliffe, push every boundary. F it.

The only fair punishment needs to be the removal of the type of ownership they have. Football was ruined when Chelsea and then City got those free billions and everyone had struggled to keep up ever since. Now Newcastle have gone the same route. You can’t even buy a club the way the Glazers took over us and we haven’t exactly profited from that. Remove the owners, remove the titles and remove any way of taking over a club in that way and bladdering daft amounts on players then maybe football can start getting back to how it was. FIFA and UEFA themselves should really introduce a blanket cap on transfers and wages but they’re more corrupt than anyone so that won’t happen. Nice to dream of the game being about football again though rather than money.

The problem is these people sit on those boards they have made a giant mess.

If success had no impact on revenues then why bother on what we win today?
Spoken like a true glazer :)
I’d say that right now there probably isn’t too much dodgy going on, just because due to the artificially inflated sponsorship deals and more historic cheating they don’t have to as much.
Is it absolutely zero? Doubtful

Redbird IMI is technically separate from Redbird Capital Partners. This is one of the reasons I’m not sure you can ever really stop this kind of thing, but you can mitigate it.

Redbird IMI isnt seperate it is effectively a division of Redbird Capital Partners.

If Redbird IMI succeed in taking charge of The Telegraph and The Spectator will those be barred from publishing anything negative about City and be used to push out stories that defend them?

We've already seen City get away with a slap on the wrist for their UEFA charges. I really don't think anything substantial will come of it, unfortunately. They've got too much money behind them to fight it and I don't really trust the Premier League to be strong enough on a decision which could be seen to damage the quality of their own product.

I think we're already past the point of no return, personally. A blind eye has been turned to the likes of City and Chelsea for 20 years in the name of competition. The fact that the Saudis were allowed to buy Newcastle doesn't make me think any meaningful change is on the horizon. Football is entirely dictated by money, you only have to look at which nations are hosting World Cups these days to see that.

That is different - the UEFA couldn't charge them for the majority of the 115 charges they now are facing.

They’ve arrived now.
Not as much need to cook the books as there was before. Granted the sponsorships are an ongoing joke but seems the ship has already sailed on that one. Probable they have toned down the shady payments , if I was them that is what I’d do.
Like the serial bank robber who turns “legit” in later years…….

Let’s say they get punted to League 1, you don’t reckon some of those players would stay for, say, double or quadruple what they’re currently on? I think the age of the player would play a factor, personally: very young or old, and they’d do two years, but in their prime years, it’s a bigger ask and sell. A player like Haaland would be acme acres gone like a puff of smoke, I think, but others? They’d have a lot more to think about and evaluate.

Waste 2 years in League 1 and the Championships, no European football - probably not being picked for their national team - these are world-class players - why would they want to do that ?

If man City and Chelsea get off Scott free and by Scott free I mean a easily payable heavy fine and a silly points deduction, then it will be pointless following the premier league as it will be clearly massively corrupt and lose all credibility as a league

If City did get away with next to no punishment, you could see it being the catalyst to properly see a break away league. Be it the European super league, or a revamped prem.

Real Madrid for one will already me manoeuvring behind the scenes I'm sure.

They’ve arrived now.
Not as much need to cook the books as there was before. Granted the sponsorships are an ongoing joke but seems the ship has already sailed on that one. Probable they have toned down the shady payments , if I was them that is what I’d do.
Like the serial bank robber who turns “legit” in later years…….
Yeah, I don't think they're there yet. You don't get there for a few domestic titles and a single CL. You need at least an international legacy to massively expedite such a process.

Redbird IMI isnt seperate it is effectively a division of Redbird Capital Partners.

If Redbird IMI succeed in taking charge of The Telegraph and The Spectator will those be barred from publishing anything negative about City and be used to push out stories that defend them?
It's factually not, but, ok. Hence why they have done it, it will function as its own entity, entirely separate from any of the backers other funds.

As said previously, this is an issue I don't think is solvable in private capital.

Then why not oblige with requests?

Conceptually, for the same reasons people safeguard rights against unreasonable searches from governments and otherwise resist unwanted intrusions. They will also claim (1.) they have business proprietary information that they want to protect and (2.) they are suspicious of leaks.

I don't believe the PL have charged them for anything beyond the 2018 time period.

Waste 2 years in League 1 and the Championships, no European football - probably not being picked for their national team - these are world-class players - why would they want to do that ?
For Saudi-level bumps in the money coming their way, and only the players at either end of the career spectrum, I'd say, those who can afford the loss (young), or who have already had the majority of their career and are on to their last big pay day (old and better than uprooting their family etc. If they'd rather stay where they are).

Yeah, I don't think they're there yet. You don't get there for a few domestic titles and a single CL. You need at least an international legacy to massively expedite such a process.
I dunno for older fans certainly not but for younger fans I fear the die is already cast.
They’ve won more trophies than any other English team in the last 10? years. They’ve won a treble.
I’d say they were pretty well established and with the constant source of dodgy sponsorships that seemingly nobody can prove are dodgy they’ll be here for good, all off the back of extreme cheating.
Only way to rectify that is to expel them from the PL for an extended period of time.
As I’ve said before, despite it being the correct punishment it probably won’t be administered

For Saudi-level bumps in the money coming their way, and only the players at either end of the career spectrum, I'd say, those who can afford the loss (young), or who have already had the majority of their career and are on to their last big pay day (old and better than uprooting their family etc. If they'd rather stay where they are).

the Saudi league is not a comparison because they give average players 2-3 times wages than the best clubs in the P.L. The majority of City's players would be wanted by top-10 clubs - and would get almost the same wages as they have today. Another issue - if City get relegated to League 1 their finances would be shot, and they would have no chance of passing FFP when they get promoted to the P.L unless they offload their highest earners.

I dunno for older fans certainly not but for younger fans I fear the die is already cast.
They’ve won more trophies than any other English team in the last 10? years. They’ve won a treble.
I’d say they were pretty well established and with the constant source of dodgy sponsorships that seemingly nobody can prove are dodgy they’ll be here for good, all off the back of extreme cheating.
Only way to rectify that is to expel them from the PL for an extended period of time.
As I’ve said before, despite it being the correct punishment it probably won’t be administered
They can’t even sell out their stadium, even now, as masters of the universe. That’s literally unheard of for the true giants at the peak of their successes. Think of any one of them: United, Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Bayern, Milan, Juventus. At the height of their success they had all the fanfare that is supposed to accompany it. They could sell out their ground 1.5* over and they were the hottest ticket in town. That’s just not City, and in the digital realm, it’s still not them. Do I believe they’re getting there? Yes, but they just aren’t what they purport to be as of yet and they would need iconic players to become so in such short, unspectacular period of time.

The crooked everything else is what they are putting on front street to legitimise themselves and their supposed standing in the game, that few are buying for a second.

the Saudi league is not a comparison because they give average players 2-3 times wages than the best clubs in the P.L. The majority of City's players would be wanted by top-10 clubs - and would get almost the same wages as they have today. Another issue - if City get relegated to League 1 their finances would be shot, and they would have no chance of passing FFP when they get promoted to the P.L unless they offload their highest earners.
My proviso was them continuing to cheat, in which case they would have to pay way, way more than they do or what those players could get elsewhere to keep them there.

They can’t even sell out their stadium, even now, as masters of the universe. That’s literally unheard of for the true giants at the peak of their successes. Think of any one of them: United, Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Bayern, Milan, Juventus. At the height of their success they had all the fanfare that is supposed to accompany it. They could sell out their ground 1.5* over and they were the hottest ticket in town. That’s just not City, and in the digital realm, it’s still not them. Do I believe they’re getting there? Yes, but they just aren’t what they purport to be as of yet and they would need iconic players to become so in such short, unspectacular period of time.

The crooked everything else is what they are putting on front street to legitimise themselves and their supposed standing in the game, that few are buying for a second.

So is MEN just making this up or are City somehow manipulating it? I guess you can technically sell out on paper or for reporting purposes and still have a crap atmosphere. Pep has definitely commented on the atmosphere more than once, but I don't recall if he has this season.

For what it's worth, City and Chelsea have the lowest reported matchday revenue figures (in absolute terms and as a percentage of overall revenue) of the Big 6 if that is any indication of the strength of their "real" fanbase, but some of that data may be skewed by availability of hospitality suites, pricing etc.

I think Bayern's reported revenue this year is bigger than what City is reporting.

So is MEN just making this up or are City somehow manipulating it? I guess you can technically sell out on paper or for reporting purposes and still have a crap atmosphere. Pep has definitely commented on the atmosphere more than once, but I don't recall if he has this season.

For what it's worth, City and Chelsea have the lowest reported matchday revenue figures (in absolute terms and as a percentage of overall revenue) of the Big 6 if that is any indication of the strength of their "real" fanbase, but some of that data may be skewed by availability of hospitality suites, pricing etc.

I think Bayern's reported revenue this year is bigger than what City is reporting.
Can't help but smirk at the headline. There's nothing wrong with the MEN reporting that, whether you believe it, or wonder if shenanigans are afoot is another story, however. We're in an age of misinformation with City and them trying to buy in it's only going to worsen. Even here, we're supposed to believe this has nothing to do with City. No sir!

They may have "sold out" the stadium, who to, and whether it's actually full of live, independent bodies, well... :angel:

Now, this might all be conjecture on my part, but I'll add that faking it until they make it and do have the demand they state, is the order of the day. I think we all know what the stadiums of giant clubs at their footballing apex look like. Absolute booming cauldrons.