City paying £47 million for Tevez

DocRockter

Another £3.5 million will be paid if City win the Champions League while Tévez is at the club — an improbable scenario

OK the real price is £43,5 million.. I mean c'mon...

kietotheworld

If that's the case then we should have told him we'd buy him and then sell him on for a £22m profit.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
:lol:

My word!

We be only more justified mind, however Kia/Tevez still counting the money no doubt. :(

Who was it who put up a right stubborn defence for Tevez and thought quite badly of our treatment of him? King Law? Was that their name?

prateik

Another £3.5 million will be paid if City win the Champions League while Tévez is at the club — an improbable scenario

OK the real price is £43,5 million.. I mean c'mon...
15+16+16 + 3.5(which wont happen)
so no. it is 47m

Chris H

Video Posting God
May or may not be true, but it's definitely plausible. City paid £34.2 a year ago for Robinho to make a statement, and now they've paid a bit more to make another by signing one of our players. Note that the first thing they did after signing him was plaster him on that "Welcome to Manchester" billboard. In your face, United fans!

There were definitely more people involved than just Kia and the Sheikh and an unnumbered offshore account, so the fact that these details (if true) could leak is not surprising. The Times is hardly the News of the World, and the journalist, James Drucker, seems to be pretty solid, covering mostly Manchester-based stories for the paper - have a look. A good journalist will have cultivated sources within the clubs he covers, so I don't see any reason to take the "Typical journo bollocks!" stance, the one that accompanies any story that doesn't have video footage, a corroborating third-party witness and a notarized affidavit.

Compared to what Barca admittedly paid for Zlatan (£40m + Eto'o), it's not even that shocking.

anver

Shart stop
Little wonder he ignored the United offer in January. He was tapped up by Hughes. And then went on to cry he had not got a contract, yet. Scarface is good at playacting.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Zlatan is a far better player that Tevez
True, but it doesn't invalidate my comparison. Barca paid far more, are they are not owned by oil barons with more money than sense. They also didn't get the pleasure of taking him away from their only rival, to whom they have felt decidedly inferior for as long they can remember.

You pay a premium for that last bit.

Alex

Barca overpaid for him, but make no mistakes Barca are not a poor club, I reckon they'll spend big on Fabregas in the next two years.

Red_Jamie

If this turns out to be true it will surely become, along with the Ibrahimovic and Lescott deals, one of the most absurd transfer fees ever paid for a player.

kristinson

based on my predictions for this season thats gonna work out at 4.7million per goal :lol: assuming they get to the quarters of the carling cup

Lance Uppercut

Carlos Tevez's advisors have reacted furiously to claims the actual fee they received for the Argentina star to sign for Manchester City this summer was £47million.

Only a handful of people involved in the deal, plus key Premier League employees involved in its administration, know the exact figure.

Estimates tended to range from £25-30million, which went unchallenged at the time.

However, in defending themselves over the failure to keep Tevez, Manchester United cast doubt on such a sum, hinting the exact "transfer" which took the South American out of third party ownership into the sole charge of City was significantly above that sum, beyond the British record £32.5million the Blues paid to sign Robinho from Real Madrid 12 months ago.

It seems the newly-reported figure is too high though, with Tevez's long-time advisor Kia Joorabchian quick to reject it.

"This story is inaccurate and misleading," he said.

"There appears to be the hand of mischief at work as the numbers quoted are fictitious.

"There was also no mystery about the true details as full disclosure was made both to the Football Association and the Premier League."

It has been suggested the varying exchange rates might be one reason for the inflated price tag, although even if the £47million represented euros or US dollars, it would still be way in excess of the amounts first mentioned.

Although they can hardly disguise an overall spending spree in excess of £120million this summer, City have tried to play down the amounts of money being splashed out by their Abu Dhabi owners.

Manager Mark Hughes repeatedly stated he would be prepared to walk away from potential transfers if the price went too high, while accepting a slight premium would need to be paid to secure the right man.

Once an attempt to lure England skipper John Terry north from Chelsea fell through, the Tevez deal was left as the most notable of the summer because it has pitched City's new money in direct competition with United's established position as England's number one.

There has been friction between the two clubs already this summer, first in the fall-out from the Tevez transfer and then the use of his face in a 'Welcome to Manchester' poster that was seen as a dig at United's roots from outside the city.

That prompted another attack from Sir Alex Ferguson, stoking up the fires for next week's Old Trafford showdown, which Tevez is now struggling to be fit for after suffering a knee injury on international duty with Argentina last weekend.
Football365

buckooo1978

oh my god....

city are idiots....

what we could do with 47 million.....

lets face it tevez is a good player but he's not fit to lace rooney's boots. He had a good season in his year and scored some important goals but his second was very poor

in terms of scoring goals he's never going to be dependable and his workrate is his big selling point

city also have to look forward to his tantrums when santa cruz is fit and he's riding the bench

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
They paid close to 20m for a player who they would have gotten for free had they waited 2 months.
That is not entirely true but anyway if you want to believe that City paid £47m for Tevez then that is upto you - personally I dont believe it.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
oh my god....

city are idiots....

what we could do with 47 million.....

lets face it tevez is a good player but he's not fit to lace rooney's boots. He had a good season in his year and scored some important goals but his second was very poor

in terms of scoring goals he's never going to be dependable and his workrate is his big selling point

city also have to look forward to his tantrums when santa cruz is fit and he's riding the bench

Probably what we did with 80m.