City Reserves Game Tonight

park fiction

Any news?

I can't find anything anywhere on it, usually they announce the team before hand and stuff?

At first I thought I got it wrong but it's on MUTV tonight so does anyone have news on it? ie Gazza/Silveste?

prateik

fergie said both will play today ..
so expect them to ..
still bout 5 hrs to go isnt it

will there be any way to watch it , or listen to the commentary ?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
It really sucks that there are no streams for reserve/academy matches. When we played the dippers some weirdo had a camera on his tv. I'd settle for that.

Kelvin

any kind souls here can give us an update on the match?

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
finished 4 - 1, Welbeck with a hat trick. Neville played 90 minutes, Silvestre 75.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Fantastic news.
Who were the most impressive lads out there tonight?

Ace

I've noticed more and more Chris Eagles being used as a Striker...

Virtuoso

Great game, performance and result for United. We were the better side from start to finish.

Especially pleasing to see Welbeck score a hattrick. The first was a composed finish into the far bottom corner after a quality through ball by Eagles. Second goal came thanks to a huge deflection off McDonald...not sure if it was going in but MUTV awarded him the goal. Third was a penalty which was a bit soft but well taken, he showed great skill to take the ball past two players in such a tight area in the box in the first place. Showing his talent and looking more confident, everyone's on about Campbell at 20 but Welbeck for me has even more potential as well as only being 17. His highlight probably wasn't even any of his goals, it was a 35 yard strike which he smashed against the post...completely caught everyone by surprise and it was an amazing effort.

Rodrigo was superb; passing was practically flawless once again (only one that I can recall which went astray). He's got so much composure it's incredible, shocking conditions today because of the strong wind and rain but he looked completely in his element. Reminds me a bit of how Scholes plays now, deeper in the midfield just picking passes short and long. Yet to see him as a goal threat but he may not be that type of player. I'd say he has a good chance in the first team; though there quite a few similar players to him in the side (e.g Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher to an extent). His interview was impressive, speaks English more or less perfectly and Anderson was also speaking of their frienship as they were born in the same city but he can barely speak a word of English. Rodrigo seems like a well focussed, down to earth guy too.

Gary Neville looked solid and also bossed the defence more than he has done since returning from injury, Silvestre did well even if the first goal was his fault. Simpson also did better than he has done so far this season despite playing as CB. Still what holds us back but wasn't such a detriment today are the wingers, Gray and Barnes (to a lesser extent) severely lack pace and the ability to take on their man. If we are going to invest in youth this summer then definitely some talented young wingers are in order for the academy and reserves (though Robert Brady playing for the U16s is one to look out for).

Very good night overall :)

December_16

His interview was impressive, speaks English more or less perfectly and Anderson was also speaking of their frienship as they were born in the same city but he can barely speak a word of English.
Sadly, Anderson's English will NEVER improve, as the ability to speak another language is something people are born with, and you can't teach them that, especially when they don't have a brain, as some have claimed

:angel:

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
I've noticed more and more Chris Eagles being used as a Striker...
- Campbell and Brandy loaned out
- Dong is injured
- He has a decent cross and shot, but can't beat a defender if his life depended on it

Might be useful in a withdrawn role behind the striker.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Great match report Virtuoso, thanks.

Cornell, thanks for the highlights. I was just about to ask if anyone ever posted those here. Great stuff.

RedPhil1957

Great game, performance and result for United. We were the better side from start to finish.

Especially pleasing to see Welbeck score a hattrick. The first was a composed finish into the far bottom corner after a quality through ball by Eagles. Second goal came thanks to a huge deflection off McDonald...not sure if it was going in but MUTV awarded him the goal. Third was a penalty which was a bit soft but well taken, he showed great skill to take the ball past two players in such a tight area in the box in the first place. Showing his talent and looking more confident, everyone's on about Campbell at 20 but Welbeck for me has even more potential as well as only being 17. His highlight probably wasn't even any of his goals, it was a 35 yard strike which he smashed against the post...completely caught everyone by surprise and it was an amazing effort.

Rodrigo was superb; passing was practically flawless once again (only one that I can recall which went astray). He's got so much composure it's incredible, shocking conditions today because of the strong wind and rain but he looked completely in his element. Reminds me a bit of how Scholes plays now, deeper in the midfield just picking passes short and long. Yet to see him as a goal threat but he may not be that type of player. I'd say he has a good chance in the first team; though there quite a few similar players to him in the side (e.g Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher to an extent). His interview was impressive, speaks English more or less perfectly and Anderson was also speaking of their frienship as they were born in the same city but he can barely speak a word of English. Rodrigo seems like a well focussed, down to earth guy too.

Gary Neville looked solid and also bossed the defence more than he has done since returning from injury, Silvestre did well even if the first goal was his fault. Simpson also did better than he has done so far this season despite playing as CB. Still what holds us back but wasn't such a detriment today are the wingers, Gray and Barnes (to a lesser extent) severely lack pace and the ability to take on their man. If we are going to invest in youth this summer then definitely some talented young wingers are in order for the academy and reserves (though Robert Brady playing for the U16s is one to look out for).

Very good night overall :)

Good report , I thought we passed the ball exceptionally well in crap conditions ------ a bit harsh on silvestre being blamed for first goal that city cb is a fecking monster ....... as tall as crouch but with a body size to match

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Thanks, i'm just the messenger though.

Charleysurf deserves the credit.
Wow, I upoaded that last night but did not get a chance to post a link to it. I didn't think it would be found by people so quickly.

68-99-08

Owen Hargreaves compared Rodrigo to Michael Ballack which seems realistic. Tall, elegant midfielder with good passing ability. Probably not as attacking minded as ballack though.

bayaoas

Best performance by far for a long long time by the reserves.! They passed the ball really well which they haven’t been doing recently and created a lot of chances.

Was good to see Silvestre back from a 6 month lay-off and charging up and down the left side and was good to see Neville complete 90mins for the first time.

Rodrigo looked composed, solid and technically sound with his 1st touch and passing as ever …definitely one to watch out in the future) along side the busy and energetic Tom Cleverly.

And 17yrs old Welbeck showed us again what quality and potential the boy has. Genuine talent. Has a good awareness, link-up play. Good natural balance and skill about him and seems to be adjusting to the lone front man role at last…..we’ll see.
Anyway hopefully he’ll progress because he definitely has all the qualities to make it at United.

Virtuoso

Cheers for the kind words lads. No trouble at all ;)

Rodrigo looked composed, solid and technically sound with his 1st touch and passing as ever …definitely one to watch out in the future) along side the busy and energetic Tom Cleverly.
Agreed, I was very impressed by Tom Cleverley. You can tell that the captaincy meant a lot to him and he not only showed his passing range, but also great stamina and hunger fighting for the ball all over the pitch. Really seems like a box-to-box midfielder and it was good to see McClair play him in his favoured position in the centre of midfield rather than out on the right wing.

Chris H

Video Posting God
that city cb is a fecking monster ....... as tall as crouch but with a body size to match
I liked the way he went ballistic at the ref over the penalty. I guess they teach that early at City so they're more Premiership ready when they come of age.