Television Clarkson's Farm

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
They’re filming season 3 as we speak and I already see spoilers reported as news.
I know people love Clarkson but here are legitimate concerns in and around that area due to the farm. Traffic on those narrow roads must be a nightmare alone. Places like that simply aren’t built for it
and the council response to them building a car park was to reject it, they put no parking cones on either side of the narrow road for 2km, and even rejected their requested to build a farm road on the farm.

I'm sure there are genuine reasons to worry about traffic on those roads but it seems more like an excuse from a council that are trying to out-wanker the King of Wankers, and win a fight again him. The problem is that it won't even bother him for long as he'll move on to something else to do. Meanwhile local farmers are losing their livelihoods and the restaurant was something they were over the moon to be involved with.

The other side of the argument to my spoiled response is that the show might well be showing everything from Clarkson's perspective only.

cyberman

and the council response to them building a car park was to reject it, they put no parking cones on either side of the narrow road for 2km, and even rejected their requested to build a farm road on the farm.

I'm sure there are genuine reasons to worry about traffic on those roads but it seems more like an excuse from a council that are trying to out-wanker the King of Wankers, and win a fight again him. The problem is that it won't even bother him for long as he'll move on to something else to do. Meanwhile local farmers are losing their livelihoods and the restaurant was something they were over the moon to be involved with.

The other side of the argument to my spoiled response is that the show might well be showing everything from Clarkson's perspective only.
That’s kind of what I’m saying. It’s hard to give Clarkson the benefit of the doubt when the lambing shed did change from what it was intended to be in under 12 months.
They could allow this and that but in two years it just might be a forgotten eye sore from a mid 60s man filming a tv show.
I’m a farmer and I understand the struggles but he simply seems to be a tillage farmer since that’s the only consistent farming he does so it’s hard to pretend he’s branched into other areas when they don’t last long.
Not saying the council is correct or anything but it does smell of creating props for a tv show.