Class our squad.

Jojo <3 Mou

Without any consistency in the system, there won't be consistent performers. Check out all the successful teams in Europe and you could write a page long post about how they play. What roles players have and the tactics of the team. With us, no one really knows. we randomly change set ups on a match to match basis. That has led to random performances on a match to match basis.
We do adjust tactically to the opponents but we don't randomly change system. We also change players who slump or perform poorly accompanying bad results. The thing is can the manager be loyal to under-performing players when the team is losing? Continuity is great but hard to have in a desperate situation.

Re: how we play, the tactics and roles are clear. The execution of said tactics from one match to another has left much to be desired.

I think the reason for our issues are varied but the lack of really class players is a factor. The ability to do it every week is the definition of class and our players can't do that...apart from De Gea.

Raven

How would people class this current squad of players?
For me there are four categories (but you can class them however you want)
1) World Class
2) potential to be very good or world class with the right coaching
3) OK for now but need replacements soon.
4) simply not good enough

The first tier:
De Gea
Pogba

The second tier:
Dalot
Bailly
Shaw
Periera
Fred
Martial
Rashford

The third tier:
Smalling
Matic
Fellaini
Lukaku

The fourth tier:
Valencia
Young
Jones
Lindelof ( I don't think he's a bad player, just too weak for the PL)
Darmian
Rojo
Herrera
Lingard
Mata
Sanchez

The third tier aren't good enough long term but I kept them separate because we don't have quality alternatives at this moment.
I'm glad others have had the sense to call you out on this, but is there no such thing as a squad player in your eyes? Either world class or potentially word class or gone?