Claudio Marchisio

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Juventus have probably the third best midfield in the world behind Bayern and Barca. Their mid is deep, better than Madrids.

We should definitely buy him, he's better than all of our mids barring Carrick (although technically he's better than Carrick).

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Juventus would never take a risk and sell a key pkayer mid season...they are set to walk the serie A title again and will not do anything silly to upset the balance of the team..., sometimes a key player finds themselves on the bench at a club for doing no wrong....we've had world class players on the bench over the years like scholes and tevez and now kagawa simply down to the fact that we became over stocked in certain areas and you just don't sell players of that quality in mid season unless you really need to raise funds for other areas of the team and juve are strong in all areas now pretty much...only players I can think of in central midfield that could be available in january are matic, alex song, banega, axel witsel etc and I doubt any of those players would fit the description of what we need

If I remember well Marchisio was promised the captain's band something which would be rather challenging considering that he's not a regular. He's also at the right age for Juventus to sell.

devilish

Don't think anyone wants to touch Nani, if they did, they would have signed him when he had less time on his contract. Galatasaray valued him at under 10m. No big teams will want anything to do with him.

Juventus were interested in him and I can see them bidding for him if the price/conditions are right.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Juventus were interested in him and I can see them bidding for him if the price/conditions are right.
The price was right in the summer. If they didn't want to fork out 10m for him, they are not going to even consider what United will want for a player on a 5 year deal.

devilish

The price was right in the summer. If they didn't want to fork out 10m for him, they are not going to even consider what United will want for a player on a 5 year deal.

You misunderstand how football in Italy works. Money is running low in the Serie A however big names attract memberships and sale of shirts. So what the big clubs are doing is to aim for relatively big names who are either unsettled or they are in the end of their contract. Nani, Honda, Llorente, Tevez, Balotelli.....you get the grip.

I don't think that Juventus are interested in Nani at the moment. He had just signed for United which makes him untouchable. However if we offered him to them as part of Marchisio's deal then thI think they would be interested. Think about it, Nani is at the right age, he's got great technique and can play on both flanks. He does lack workrate but thats rated more in the EPL then in the Serie A. On the other hand Marchisio stands in the way of Pogba + will allow them the financial clout needed to keep Vidal. He's also at the right age to sell.

RooneyLegend

Come on lads, let's stop acting desperate for a moment here. He's not the midfielder we should be looking at under any conditions. He's a proper mediocre player.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
From what I hear he's been a bit shite for Juve this season

devilish

Come on lads, let's stop acting desperate for a moment here. He's not the midfielder we should be looking at under any conditions. He's a proper mediocre player.
Hes an excellent player

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Is Pirlo staying now? Thought I heard Pirlo would leave at the end of the season, which would mean Marchisio should become really important again, at least if he gets anywhere close to his best again.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I don't think that this signing would look good for the club. Can you imagine the newspapers?

'United sign Juventus reject..................who lost his place in their team to a player who rejected United'

It would be more ammo to hit Moyes with, especially if he flopped.

RooneyLegend

Clearly watched a lot of him then.
True, hence I know the level he's at. He's a lot of false advertising and nothing more. Simply being part of a great midfield has made some people think that he's a great player, absurd IMO. He's an extremely limited player and disappears half the time when he plays against other big teams. Someone even said that he's technically better than michael carrick FFS!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Juventus might actually sell players in January. They're not in the Champions League anymore so it won't be an obstacle, they'll likely win Serie A anyway after 3-0 against Roma last week so they could pocket some extra change for selling players mid-season instead of Summer, especially when they sell them to a club desperate for new signings.

That said I don't expect us to get Marchisio.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
True, hence I know the level he's at. He's a lot of false advertising and nothing more. Simply being part of a great midfield has made some people think that he's a great player, absurd IMO. He's an extremely limited player and disappears half the time when he plays against other big teams. Someone even said that he's technically better than michael carrick FFS!

He's a huge improvement over all of our CMs, which should be a selling point straight off if he's available for £20 million. Do you even know what you are saying by calling him limited? Are you referring to where he can play? Not true, can be deployed either wing as well as playing through the middle. Can he not shoot or pass, or defend? Clueless if you ask me.

So which "big games" have you watched where you can recall him disappearing? Are you referring to the CL games where he was deployed on the wings?

KanieKaned

Marchisio aint that good? Yeah ok I believe you and the low grade acid your taking (send me on some will ya). He is in fact quite a good player. Might not be the very top tier of midfielder but he would be a hell of an upgrade on some of the shite we have seen over the last while and he would actually be a good partner for Carrick.

devilish

I don't think that this signing would look good for the club. Can you imagine the newspapers?

'United sign Juventus reject..................who lost his place in their team to a player who rejected United'

That shows ignorance on how juventus work. Juve always sell the older player in favor of a younger one. Marchisio is as much or a reject as a certain roberto baggio was when he was sold to give space to a younger del piero

oleonenumber20

I have always been impressed when I have seen him play usually for Italy or in the champs league, I haven't watched much Italian league football for a few years now.
He is technically sound and has good temperament and would adjust well to the premier league. He would be a good partner for Carrick or Fletcher and would certainly be an upgrade on Cleverly. For 20 mil I think he would be a good addition to the squad and then we will get a world class player on the summer

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

It's exactly that sort of mindset that has got us the standard of midfield we have currently.

We cannot keep waiting the likes of Fabregas to come available until we buy somebody. We need strengthening now and Marchisio would definitely add us goals and creativity which we desperately need in midfield.

sajeev

I don't really think he is all that great. For example, I wouldn't rate him above the Fletcher of a few years ago.

Kag

There was a lot of interest for Nani, particularly in the Premier League, if you believe Duncan Castles.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He really isn't better than Carrick at all let alone being a huge improvement on him. After that our other midfielders are of such low quality that being an improvement on them isn't saying much.

By limited I'm talking from a technical standpoint. He isn't the type to navigate his way through tight spaces. His passing is average at best as is his shooting. Nothing to do with how many positions Conte can find to utilise him(something he's managed to do with all his midfielders bar By limited I'm talking from a technical standpoint. He isn't the type to navigate his way through tight spaces. His passing is average at best as is his shooting. Nothing to do with how many positions Conte can find to utilise him(something he's managed to do with all his midfieldeBy limited I'm talking from a technical standpoint. He isn't the type to navigate his way through tight spaces. His passing is average at best as is his shooting. Nothing to do with how many positions Conte can find to utilise him(something he's managed to do with all his midfielders bar By limited I'm talking from a technical standpoint. He isn't the type to navigate his way through tight spaces. His passing is average at best as is his shooting. Nothing to do with how many positions Conte can find to utilise him(something he's managed to do with all his midfielders bar pir

So what your saying is: he can't find tight spaces?

Eric'sCollar

There was a lot of interest for Nani, particularly in the Premier League, if you believe Duncan Castles.
Not wanting to cough up 10m for a player of his quality and potential doesn't really sound too interested.

Kaos

Compared to Cleverley and Giggs at CM, he's frickin Zidane.

He's also an excellent player on his own merits, would improve our midfield considerably.

RooneyLegend

So what your saying is: he can't find tight spaces?
What I'm saying is he is technically limited. Basically and over hyped version of Henderson. His best quality is his work rate and it starts and ends there. Not much of a passing range, not much creativity, nothing much to offer.

Kag

Not wanting to cough up 10m for a player of his quality and potential doesn't really sound too interested.
If you're holding the Daily Star to a high journalistic standard then that is true. However, by more sensible accounts he had offers, we had no bids, and Moyes convinced him to stay. Either way, a player with a year left on his deal, in bad form and riddled with niggling injury isn't going to fetch all that much anyway. Your implication that nobody wanted Nani is a little unrealistic.

Eric'sCollar

If you're holding the Daily Star to a high journalistic standard then that is true. However, by more sensible accounts he had offers, we had no bids, and Moyes convinced him to stay. Either way, a player with a year left on his deal, in bad form and riddled with niggling injury isn't going to fetch all that much anyway. Your implication that nobody wanted Nani is a little unrealistic.
He had offers but no bids? What were the clubs offering him if they were not prepared to give a transfer fee to United?

And I am not saying nobody wanted Nani. I am just saying I don't think many tops clubs will want him.

Kag

He had offers but no bids? What were the clubs offering him if they were not prepared to give a transfer fee to United?

And I am not saying nobody wanted Nani. I am just saying I don't think many tops clubs will want him.
Well that's quite common. By all accounts we've tied things up with Coentrao personally, yet no obvious bid has been made. I'm sure that kind of thing happens all the time. I'm sure Fellaini's contract was drawn up and agreed on weeks in advance. Like I said, only the Star etc. reported the whole Juventus/Galatasary stuff.

I don't think many top clubs wanted Nani, I don't really care and I don't even know why I made my point to be honest. Ha. I just thought I'd say that Duncan Castles reported Nani receiving a number of offers, which is probably a little more believable than Juventus or whoever refusing to cough up 10 million or whatever was said in the Star.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
What I'm saying is he is technically limited. Basically and over hyped version of Henderson. His best quality is his work rate and it starts and ends there. Not much of a passing range, not much creativity, nothing much to offer.

I was jokingly referring to your post where you repeated what you said about 5 times. But if that's what you think he only provides, then we can agree to disagree, because he has more to his game than you are highlighting.

JP77

You misunderstand how football in Italy works. Money is running low in the Serie A however big names attract memberships and sale of shirts. So what the big clubs are doing is to aim for relatively big names who are either unsettled or they are in the end of their contract. Nani, Honda, Llorente, Tevez, Balotelli.....you get the grip.

I don't think that Juventus are interested in Nani at the moment. He had just signed for United which makes him untouchable. However if we offered him to them as part of Marchisio's deal then thI think they would be interested. Think about it, Nani is at the right age, he's got great technique and can play on both flanks. He does lack workrate but thats rated more in the EPL then in the Serie A. On the other hand Marchisio stands in the way of Pogba + will allow them the financial clout needed to keep Vidal. He's also at the right age to sell.

The Juventus side work heavily on work rate in their side. There's been a few rumbles about Nani in the last week or two in Italy, can't see it happening though. Moyes will stick with Nani until the summer at the very least.

Marchisio is a very good player but certainly not the midfield signing needed for a two man partnership. I'd be more than happy to see us sign him but we'd have to be finally reverting to a three man midfield.

KanieKaned

The Juventus side work heavily on work rate in their side. There's been a few rumbles about Nani in the last week or two in Italy, can't see it happening though. Moyes will stick with Nani until the summer at the very least.

Marchisio is a very good player but certainly not the midfield signing needed for a two man partnership. I'd be more than happy to see us sign him but we'd have to be finally reverting to a three man midfield.
I dont think thats the case, he would be fine in a 4231 system which we seem to be trying to employ more often than not.

JP77

I dont think thats the case, he would be fine in a 4231 system which we seem to be trying to employ more often than not.

Oh I'm not saying he COULDN'T work in a two man system or what you've mentioned and like I said, I'd be bloody happy to see us signing him, but I'd still be looking at another different type of midfield player to fit into that role if we're going to insist on playing just a basic two on most occasions and then whatever in front of them. Marichisio excels in a three man midfield though for both Juve and Italy.

Obviously let's not underrate Marchisio like one or two have. Brilliant worker who is pretty much good at everything. Players like that should never be dismissed. And not to forget he's only 27 years old. I don't believe for one minute he's leaving Juventus and it doesn't really make sense for him to leave, but yeah, bloody good player.

devilish

I sort of agree however they tend to like getting a hugely technical player in their side to play in a free role. Henry and ronaldo (he was very close to sign with juve before we got him) are prime examples. I can see them accepting a swap deal if we evaluate nani fairly

There are very few CM capable of playing in a 2 cm system and none are available. I can see us reverting to a 3 men cm especially if 2 between kagawa, rooney and rvp leave

Revan

Assumptionman
He would be instantly one of the top 5 central midfielders in Premier League.

Revan

Assumptionman
:lol: he wouldn't be better than Henderson.
Seriously, have you ever seen him playing or your opinion is based on EPL better than everything else? I think that only Carrick, Yaya, Ramsey and possibly Wilshere are currently better/on that level of him.

Henderson is a good player who has proved his doubters wrong but Marchisio is better than him on practically everything.