Television Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'm in the middle of watching a documentary/film called "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind", available via Amazon Prime (for example).

It's thesis is basically that ET visitors to Earth are a real thing, that it's been going on for a long time, that various governments are well aware of this but are trying to subtly frame things in terms of ETs being a national security threat - preparing the way so that when the public become fully aware, on a widespread basis, of the reality of ETs, they'll be onside with a military/security response.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this film and what you made of it.

Withnail

Like all conspiracy theories, it falls down when you take into account human nature.

How many need to be aware of this and actively keeping it a secret for how many years for it to be true?

Also, it's been going on for years and they know about it but are only going to react militarily at some unnamed point in the future because...?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Like all conspiracy theories, it falls down when you take into account human nature.

How many need to be aware of this and actively keeping it a secret for how many years for it to be true?

Also, it's been going on for years and they know about it but are only going to react militarily at some unnamed point in the future because...?
According the film, because otherwise the power and control of the global elites is threatened ... and a reversion to "national security" ideation is their normal response to what they see as a threat.

As to the conspiracy theory aspect, according to the film the powers-that-be are no longer that bothered about trying to keep secret the reality of ETs - indeed they are now themselves starting to declassify certain things (e.g. the recent US Navy Fighter footage). What they are concerned about, according to the film, is to control the framing of things - so that ETs will be seen as a national security threat.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Perhaps putting it in the right forum would be a start..

beaming it over to the EF
I put it in the Current Events forum because that's where all the other UFO-related threads are: I would have thought that this was more appropriate than "Entertainment", but there you go ...

Withnail

According the film, because otherwise the power and control of the global elites is threatened ... and a reversion to "national security" ideation is their normal response to what they see as a threat.

As to the conspiracy theory aspect, according to the film the powers-that-be are no longer that bothered about trying to keep secret the reality of ETs - indeed they are now themselves starting to declassify certain things (e.g. the recent US Navy Fighter footage). What they are concerned about, according to the film, is to control the framing of things - so that ETs will be seen as a national security threat.
And the global elites are the ones going around abducting loonies in false flag UFO abductions?

I don't think I'll be bothering to watch it.