Club Ownership

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought it best to start a new thread now the sale is officially completed!

27.7% less Glazer parasite owns the club now, which is always a good thing!

Use this thread for any talk of how you think INEOS are doing, appointments, structural changes, and I guess any Glazer talk if they sell any more of their stake, etc…

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ratcliffe era starts now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nearly 20 years we’ve waited for something like this.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Thought it best to start a new thread now the sale is officially completed!

27.7% less Glazer parasite owns the club now, which is always a good thing!

Use this thread for any talk of how you think INEOS are doing, appointments, structural changes, and I guess any Glazer talk if they sell any more of their stake, etc…

Wtf is this on the official club site?

This press release contains “forward-looking statements,” including, but not limited to, statements about the beliefs and expectations of Manchester United and Sir Jim Ratcliffe (together with Trawlers Limited, the “Offerors”), the benefits sought to be achieved by the transactions discussed herein, and the potential effects of the completed transactions on both Manchester United and the Offerors. In some cases, forward-looking statements may be identified by terminology such as “believe,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “predict,” “goal,” “strategy,” “potentially,” “estimate,” “continue,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “could,” “would,” “project,” “plan,” “expect,” “seek” and similar expressions and variations thereof. These words are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and projections about future events, but there can be no guarantee that such expectations and projections will prove accurate in the future. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from current expectations due to a number of factors. These factors are more fully discussed in the “Risk Factors” section and elsewhere in Manchester United’s Registration Statement on Form F-1, as amended (File No. 333-182535) and Manchester United’s Annual Report on Form 20-F (File No. 001-35627) as supplemented by the risk factors contained in Manchester United’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made. Except as required by law, Manchester United and the Offerors undertake no obligation to publicly release any revisions to the forward-looking statements after the date hereof to conform these statements to actual results or revised expectations.

Foolsgold21

A great day.

I wonder how he plans on picking off each sibling - and who’s first?

brontelicious

Still think Jassim is preparing a new bid and this 'FA approval' is just an elaborate smokescreen

Raw

Feels so good to have actual competency in charge of the club. Really feels like we're finally getting out shit together.

Michael T

Woop, woop - here we go...
Feeling truly positive now ..
( I loved the disclaimer further down the statement in relating to any positive words used in regard to footballing matters)

strandty

Sir Jim Ratcliffe said: “To become co-owner of Manchester United is a great honour and comes with great responsibility. This marks the completion of the transaction, but just the beginning of our journey to take Manchester United back to the top of English, European and world football, with world-class facilities for our fans. Work to achieve those objectives will accelerate from today.”

:drool:

Brophs

The One and Only
Annoying. I was hoping it would be the SEC’s corrective statement about Sheikh Jassim.

United Hobbit

Promising signs he's instantly realising the hierarchy is not fit for purpose with some of the initial appointments being put in place hopefully now he's officially announced more takes place. Manchester United should be looking at people who are proven in their role, not just jobs for the boys/mates

I want to see no more dead wood contracts renewed eg Tony - surely it costs more in wages renewing to "preserve value" rather than just accepting the loss and letting the contract run out?

I don't have faith in ETH, and I hope we are planning outside of him and considering candidates. at the very least he must not be allowed to dictate transfers

It'll be interesting to see if he invests anything into renovating OT.

Let's hope it's not yet another false dawn

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
The bar has been set very low in ownership terms, but still amazing to finally have some hope of a more positive future again.

redom

There's been exciting noises coming out of the SJR camp while this process had been ongoing, here's hoping we start seeing progress now it's been confirmed. Any plans for a new training ground and stadium will be fun to pore over and follow and it seems like he really wants to leave a great legacy at the club and he knows there's no time to waste if he wants to see and revel in it given his age. Of course it takes time to make sure things are done properly but it does seem like we're going to see quite a few things being worked on in tandem so the changes around the club could be quite drastic if the snippets we've been hearing come to fruition.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
You don't tug on Mbappe's shirt
You don't spit on Johnny Evans
You don't make comments about Zinedine's sister
And you don't mess around with Jim