Club Ownership

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Delaney so pinch of salt until people with actual credibility report it.

Rojofiam

;)
Can't wait for the "Palace haven't won anything" comment, or "why are we shopping at Crystal Palace", or solely judging him on the players they signed without knowing how anything happened behind the scenes.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Can't wait for the "Palace haven't won anything" comment, or "why are we shopping at Crystal Palace", or solely judging him on the players they signed without knowing how anything happened behind the scenes.
Palace haven't won anything

Why are we shopping at Crystal Palace?

We should judge him on the players they signed in my opinion

The Irish Connection

All these names are great but I just hope we can get them sorted soon to give us a good chance of preparing well for and executing a great summer transfer window.
It needs to be well above our transfer windows of the last decade, obviously.

Rojofiam

Palace haven't won anything

Why are we shopping at Crystal Palace?

We should judge him on the players they signed in my opinion
:lol:

TBH, I do prefer finding talented people like Freedman at smaller clubs, and taking them to United, rather than only going out for "big" names like Berrada or Ashworth at rival clubs, though I realize the latter is probably needed right now as a result of how far we've fallen.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
All these names are great but I just hope we can get them sorted soon to give us a good chance of preparing well for and executing a great summer transfer window.
It needs to be well above our transfer windows of the last decade, obviously.
For me just get best in class and then even if its this summer or next as long as we are working on changing the club and a top 4 next year I'm happy regardless, hopefully the club has some form of stability moving forward with a coach too.

The Irish Connection

For me just get best in class and then even if its this summer or next as long as we are working on changing the club and a top 4 next year I'm happy regardless, hopefully the club has some form of stability moving forward with a coach too.
Fair enough, but life is short and I want us to move as quickly as possible. Ratcliffe is getting on too and he’ll want the same.
No reason why we can’t hit the ground running and get 6 or 7 good players in this summer.
Yeah, the coach will be a big decision as well.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
one thing for sure, these lads will have amazing gardens by the time they all start their jobs at United.

Coops73

"I must admit I didn't think much of Jim first time I laid eyes on him; looked like a stiff breeze would blow him over. That was my first impression of the man."
“I wish I could tell you Ten Hag fought the good fight. I wish I could tell you that... But Manchester United is no fairy tale world.”

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Varun1

If we're getting Freedman, where does Cox sit?
Sorry, I know this is asked repeatedly...

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Jean-Claude Blanc: “I am presented as the man who signed Neymar, Messi and Mbappé”
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - Managing director of the juggernaut Ineos Sport for a year, the former leader of PSG talks about the economic development of the sector through his rich career.

• Wednesday at the Louvre carrousel, Jean-Claude Blanc, 60, chaired the jury for the 20th edition of the Sporsora Sports Marketing Trophies. A role of choice for this luminary of sports business. From the Albertville Olympic Games in 1992 to the recent takeover of Manchester United by Ineos, the Savoyard has accompanied the major movements in the sector. Shortly before going on stage, this man of the shadows and duty, very discreet in the media, confided.
  • LA TRIBUNE SUNDAY – You have three decades of sports business behind you. If you turn around, is that prehistory that you see?
  • JEAN-CLAUDE BLANC - No because I had the chance to start at the Albertville Olympics with a high-performance team led by Jean-Claude Killy and Michel Barnier. With my first boss - already an Englishman - we set up the Coubertin Club to bring together a limited number of large French companies around a project. When we look at the way business is done today, we are not very far from it. What has changed is that big sports and big events tend to suck up money, audiences, attention from the media, from practitioners or fans. It is becoming increasingly difficult for less visible sports, or for invalid sports, to find a financing mechanism. It takes a lot of inventiveness and creativity.
  • Does the construction of modern infrastructure remain the key to the development of clubs?
  • The key is the quality of experience for the fans. We must have the courage to invest in infrastructure rather than in players. This creates additional income which allows reinvestment in talent. I started my career following the construction of a temporary stadium for the opening of the Albertville Games. At Juventus, there was the design and construction of a 41,500-seat stadium. At PSG, we have worked a lot to effectively renovate the Parc des Princes. At Manchester United we are watching. Old Trafford has been at the forefront for years but is catching up. Modernization or new Old Trafford? All options are on the table. We see that things are moving a lot. Tottenham have a new stadium. Real Madrid are finishing theirs. Barcelona is working on it. Paris might have one one day.
  • Is PSG obliged to leave the Park to develop?
  • This is a sensitive issue that I know very well, so I prefer not to respond. But is it risky to move away from the city center? The public's experience begins when they download their ticket to their phone, continues upon arrival at the venue and ends when they return home. So you have to be sure that it doesn't become an adventure to go there. The rule that I always set for my teams is this: we are not looking for how to fill the stadium for Juve-Milan but for the arrival of Lecce on a Wednesday evening in zero degree weather. If the fan who bought his ticket or a subscription hesitates because he has thirty minutes of transport, we risk a no show . And an empty seat, even a paid one, is a failure. In Turin, we could have built a bigger stadium. But the average attendance at the former was 35,000 spectators. Why aim for 60,000? What costs the most to build is the last place, at the top, and it's the cheapest place to sell. We need to find the right gauge to deliver the right local experience and magnify the sporting spectacle. In France, we built large stadiums for the Euro but many are not full.
  • Modernization or new Old Trafford? All options are on the table
  • Like in Nice?
  • We are full for the big matches, not for the others. So there is work.
  • Are you worried about the L1 TV rights, which have still not found a buyer?
  • If there is one person capable of getting the best deal possible, it's Vincent Labrune. Sincerely.
  • What are the next development levers?
  • Everyone is working on data, artificial intelligence, direct relationships... The next "big thing", for me, remains the fundamentals: a full stadium, a well-sold ticket office, subscriptions honored in a mechanism of second market as we were able to develop in Paris, hospitality, partnerships... Once these pillars are in place, you can look at the rest.
  • The new generation would be incapable of sitting in front of a football or tennis match. Should we think about formats?
  • Without a doubt. There are already attempts in tennis with Patrick Mouratoglou's UTS circuit - it's not a big success at the moment. As long as we respect the essence of sport... I wouldn't be afraid of that. Even in football. We will soon sound the referees, we will arrive at temporary expulsions. Will we go as far as playing seventy minutes? I don't think so, but we can install a slightly different dynamic within the format.
  • Closed league rumors are flourishing in tennis. Football lives with the Super League threat. Is this the meaning of History?
  • Not in Europe. The culture there is really based on the promotion-relegation system. But we see that we are able to adapt the formats. That of the new Champions League is a bit like the child of the Super League. It's a fairly healthy evolution, without losing its soul. We must remain vigilant on the calendars, so that the major authorities stop pulling their punches to create one more test: the health of the players must take precedence.
  • The other big trend, and Ineos is a player, is timeshare. Is there not an ethical danger?
  • It depends who's behind it. But since the distinction between the reliable owner and the one at risk is complicated to decree, we must trust the institutions. Ineos has become a 25% shareholder in Manchester United, and a 100% shareholder in OGC Nice and Lausanne-Sport. In certain seasons, clubs could find themselves in the same competition. UEFA must therefore define rules allowing healthy investors motivated by best practices, such as Mr [Jim] Ratcliffe and his associates, to remain invested in the various clubs. Otherwise, they risk focusing their efforts on the biggest and leaving the others. But there may be other actor profiles and that requires a framework.
  • The new Champions League is a bit like the child of the Super League. Will multi-sport superstructures like Ineos multiply?
  • Sharing skills in sports performance is the direction taken by Ineos. For example, we will exchange information on best practices for preparing for extreme heat. How are the All Blacks doing? America's Cup sailors? Nice footballers? The physical trainers from each sport meet in a room, real or virtual, and work on it. It's fascinating. Having been involved in different sports, I know that everyone believes they have the truth, but there is so much pressure to perform that you never have time to look the other way. We are in the process of extending this sharing of know-how on the economic side with common partners. It's very atypical, it exists a little in the United States.
  • What project are you most proud of?
  • What I'm doing right now is really the synthesis of a lot of things. The America's Cup boat, for example, was designed by the engineers of the Mercedes Formula 1 team. Otherwise, I would like to build the stadium in Turin, even if the hardest part was bringing Juve back to Serie A. The Albertville Games too: I can't hear music from Philippe Decouflé's ceremony without making my hairs stand up. I had the chance from the start to work with people who made decisions quickly and with whom I was in direct contact. This is what I find with Jim Ratcliffe.
  • And to have made PSG a club generating 800 million turnover?
  • It's more collective, and we've worked a lot. We didn't win the Champions League, but we won more than fifty trophies. And then we built a global brand in ten years. This was validated by the fact that they found a shareholder [Arctos Partners] who valued the club at more than 4 billion. We have been innovative, particularly with the Jordan partnership. The English people I work with introduce me as the man who signed Neymar, Messi and Mbappé. Okay, I'll take it. The three biggest transfers in history, it’s true that I negotiated and signed them. Yes, I'm quite happy with that

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
How are we supposed to move forward with all these guys on gardening leave and unable to join for a significant amount of time? Isn't Berrada 2 years? Ashworth August/September? Has anybody given clarification on what we are hoping to do or what our plan is without these guys?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
How come it isn’t a case of paying compensation and getting them straight away? When is Berrada and Ashworth going to be actually starting with us?

Vidooq

There was a structure chart somewhere in this thread of the one for Dan Ashforth, created by one of the posters here. Any way anyone remembers on what page it was or has a link to it?

The Red Thinker

How are we supposed to move forward with all these guys on gardening leave and unable to join for a significant amount of time? Isn't Berrada 2 years? Ashworth August/September? Has anybody given clarification on what we are hoping to do or what our plan is without these guys?
Berrada starts in June. Ashworth is undetermined. Currently at 2 years.

If we have Berrada and Freedman in time, we should be okay for a step 1.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The hope would be that all these great minds would have the squad and the issues within the squad appraised very quickly. With proper owners who are prepared to cut their losses and reinvest you would hope there is a massive turnover over the next few years with much less mistakes made. There aren’t many here we could play into form and get really big money for anyway. They are all on max wages and exposure. Maybe PSG will gamble they can rejuvenate Rashford or that’s about it really? McT and Maguire haven’t done themselves any harm this year even if they aren’t good enough to be starters for a team challenging

Blood Mage

Once again Ineos making the right moves. It will take a long time until we see the rewards for this groundwork though so we'll have to be patient.

cj_sparky

Jobs for the boys, we've signed Fletcher's sons and now we are signing an academy player's dad. Unreal.

lol

parmenio

How come it isn’t a case of paying compensation and getting them straight away? When is Berrada and Ashworth going to be actually starting with us?
Berrada is meant to be joining after the Summer window? No way we pay £20m to get Ashworth early. No one would. Newcastle would rather waste £2m and make him wait 18months but he’ll be in contact anyway So pretty silly all round. Ineos are showing they are not to be mugged off like the previous regime exciting times ahead.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Eh? Freedman has done good work at Palace and he'll be working with Ashworth and Berrada here. I see nothing to be negative about.
I totally misread that tweet to be honest. I thought it was a list of our potential summer targets under Freedman :lol:

I got down to Gallagher and thought oof...

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Berrada is meant to be joining after the Summer window? No way we pay £20m to get Ashworth early. No one would. Newcastle would rather waste £2m and make him wait 18months but he’ll be in contact anyway So pretty silly all round. Ineos are showing they are not to be mugged off like the previous regime exciting times ahead.
Could he not just terminate his contract and then join us? I don’t get how it works with them.