Coaches Technical Areas

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
The technical area is marked by a white line, varying in size but always "1m (1yd) on either side of the designated seated area and extend[ing] forward up to a distance of 1m (1yd) from the touch line", according to the Laws of the Game.[1]

Should they be expanded so the coaches can walk down the side of the pitch to help instruct the players better? I kind of like the coaches being able to argue with each other so I don't think they should be put apart from each other more.

Could the next innovation be a technical area that rises above the ground to get a better view of the pitch? Something like a vehicle lift, but instead of a car it raises the manager and an area by the dugout so the coach can have an amazing view of the game from there? I know that Ole sent Fletcher into the director's box to have a similar effect.
https://b451c108ef7ce3b912eb-75c769...ton/uploads/prod_img/2_109_s.png?-62169984000

El Zoido

Why not just strengthen the spider cam so they can hover over the pitch to get a better view.

Give both managers pugil sticks so they can face off over the centre circle like in Gladiators. Whoever wins the duel is awarded a goal for their team.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Nigel Pearson used to sit in the stands for a better view, and he'd have coaches both next to him and on the ground. It sounds like a good idea in theory. I've been at games where I've been 1 or 2 rows from the front, and you can't really see anything that is happening unless it happens right infront of you. Being higher up to analyse the game makes sense. Rugby League coaches do it too.

Or maybe managers feel there's not all that much they can do to influence a game once it's underway, and they're just there to growl at the 4th official and/or throw a strop. Can't do this from up in the nosebleeds:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm fairly sure I can recall Conte at Euro16 down the side guiding his back three on where he wants them to be.

If it's done on their side of the pitch I can't imagine anyone really caring.