Gaming Code Vein (anime souls)

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Code Vein is out. It's a dark souls wannabe with anime style. Certainly not a hard game so far (2 bosses in), but the game feels fun to play.

There are some technical issues with gliding during the toturial if you have over 60 frames per second, but it works well after.

Fairly low scores on Metacritic, but I'd say they are being too negative. It doesn't seem like a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but if you are starved for souls-like fun or just like anime and souls then it certainly can be a good experience for you.

Ainu

I have the demo on my PS4, should try it out some time. Some of the stuff I've read about it doesn't exactly sound promising. Eurogamer mentioned a lack of weight in the combat, which is an instant red flag in a souls-like, and forgettable level design. In recent weeks I've tried Lords of the Fallen and The Surge and both were utter failures in my opinion. In fact, the only non-From Software souls-like I actually liked was Nioh, and even that suffered from repetitive and uninspired level design. Turns out creating a good souls-like game isn't that easy.

pacifictheme

I have the demo on my PS4, should try it out some time. Some of the stuff I've read about it doesn't exactly sound promising. Eurogamer mentioned a lack of weight in the combat, which is an instant red flag in a souls-like, and forgettable level design. In recent weeks I've tried Lords of the Fallen and The Surge and both were utter failures in my opinion. In fact, the only non-From Software souls-like I actually liked was Nioh, and even that suffered from repetitive and uninspired level design. Turns out creating a good souls-like game isn't that easy.
I thought the generqlly combat of nioh was fantastic but i prefer the soulsborne worlds.

I recently played remnant from the ashes which i really enjoyed. Thr level designs are not great (randomly generated) but overall i thought the game was great.