Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Scores another goal in a final.

Great replacement for Mahrez, almost like for like.

A future superstar in the making?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think he is surely one to watch, been following him for a while, and he always look impressive to me. Could be another Foden type of talent.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Guardiola not even sure if his staying, could be a decent pick up for someone.

Bwuk

Bit of a cliché when you hear this these days, but I remember reading a year ago that he was regarded as being better than Foden at youth team level by City coaches.
I wouldn't be surprised.

Palmer looks like he'll make things happen.

Foden for me still feels a bit positionless.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Decision making is still sus. He does have tools in his locker to make things happen. Probably City's best 1v1 dribbler now.

Red Star One

He looks brave running at the defence and surely his ceiling in terms of technique is very high, he's naturally gifted and well coached since the early days. Wonder if he fancies staying at City, tbh to follow Foden's footsteps is not too bad, but at the end of the day it's so hard to become a regular and there are many other teams where he could try to shine.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
He would be a great signing for anyone else in the league. Very impressive.

Bwuk

It would never happen - but I'd pay £45m in a heart beat.

cyberman

Are Chelsea aiming for an 11 with the least amount of goalscorer ever?
45m is a horrendous piece of business for Chelsea

Bwuk

Are Chelsea aiming for an 11 with the least amount of goalscorer ever?
45m is a horrendous piece of business for Chelsea
He scored in the Community Shield, and in the Super Cup final.

I could easily see Palmer becoming a constant goal threat off the right.

K Stand Knut

If this doesn’t get called out but someone ‘high up’ for the cheating that it blatantly is, I don’t know what will ever be the tipping point for city as a club and their blatant bending of the rules.

cyberman

It’s like 3 in 27 games for the best team in Europe. You can tell a goalscorer and he doesn’t look like one
Their midfield plus Palmer might get 5 goals between them in a season.
Im not saying he won’t score, I’m sure he’d chip in as most wide men at top clubs do but that squad is crying out for someone to smash in 20 plus goals.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
So this is the mystery target. Seems like Joe shields is running their transfer business. Pochettino has given the green light, but is Palmer really the player that can transform his team now? I feel they missed a ball with cherki (even though he is not really a Pochettino type player).

Palmer is a goalscoring winger. He will be like Son for Pochettino at Chelsea, so I see why he would give the green light. Moreover, Pochettino prefers inverted wide players rather than sideline wingers, so this signing is definitely a Pochettino type player. It is the exact type of profile Pochettino alluded to a few weeks ago in the player he needed. Didn't think that Manchester city would let him go.

Will like to see where he would fit in the team. I think nkunku look better on the left and sterling looks good on the right. That is why I taught a creative number 10 will be a better fit. Perhaps nkunku will play as the second striker now, with mudryk or sterling on the left and Palmer or madueke on the right

Last edited:

Chief123

Kai Havertz once scored in a Champions League final. Just saying.

Chief123

So this is the mystery target. Seems like Joe shields is running their transfer business. Pochettino has given the green light, but is Palmer really the player that can transform his team now? I feel they missed a ball with cherki (even though he is not really a Pochettino type player).

Palmer is a goalscoring winger. He will be like Son for Pochettino at Chelsea, so I see why he would give the green light. Moreover, Pochettino prefers inverted wide players rather than sideline wingers, so this signing is definitely a Pochettino type player. It is the exact type of profile Pochettino alluded to a few weeks ago in the player he needed. Didn't think that Manchester city would let him go.

Will like to see where he would fit in the team. I think nkunku look better on the left and sterling looks good on the right. That is why I taught a creative number 10 will be a better fit. Perhaps nkunku will play as the second striker now, with mudryk or sterling on the left and Palmer or madueke on the right
How will he get ahead of Mbappe in the team though?

Amadaeus

How will he get ahead of Mbappe in the team though?
Mbappe plays for psg, stop playing to much fifa.

As I stated before Palmer may play on the right in an inverted rile. No one is talking about Pochettino revolutionary system which I alluded to back in the levi Colwell thread, but the more he using it, the more it is growing on me. In that system, I can see

----‐------------ Sanchez
------Disasi - Thiago - Colwill
-----------Caceido ------ Enzo
Gusto ---------- ------ -------------- Mudryk
------------- Palmer ----‐ sterling
------------------------jackson

Till nkunku comes back and then i see palmer being a bench player. Pochettino needs to stop playing Chillwell that lm role. I know he is vice captain, but I believe mudryk will be a better fit playing that touch line winger role. But the Palmer signing definitely makes sense

Last edited:

TSop

Supports
Altrincham

As I stated before Palmer may play on the right in an inverted rile. No one is talking about Pochettino revolutionary system which I alluded to back in the levi Colwell thread, but the more he using it, the more it is growing on me. In that system, I can see

-----------lavia ------ Caceido
Gusto ---------- Enzo -------------- Mudryk

Till nkunku comes back and then i see palmer being a bench player. Pochettino needs to stop playing Chillwell that lm role. I know he is vice captain, but I believe mudryk will be a better fit playing that touch line winger role. But the Palmer signing definitely makes sense
you cant play 12 payers bro...

GlasgowCeltic

Spurs would be the best move for him, better manager and a realistic spot he can win on the right

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
If this doesn’t get called out but someone ‘high up’ for the cheating that it blatantly is, I don’t know what will ever be the tipping point for city as a club and their blatant bending of the rules.
Could understand it a bit if you were having your strop about the Nunes deal but not quite sure what you're on about here :confused:

Chief123

Lists a lineup with 12 players. You can’t even do that on fifa. :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Never wrong....proceeds to be wrong ...yet again :lol: :lol:

Oranges038

I know you think Poch is a genius.

But how's he going to field 12 players?

Amadaeus

you cant play 12 payers bro...
Lists a lineup with 12 players. You can’t even do that on fifa. :lol:
I know you think Poch is a genius.

But how's he going to field 12 players?
:lol: I was thinking of two different system. The 4 2 3 1 and the hybrid 4-2-3-1/5-2-3/3-4-3 system that Pochettino is currently using. Pochettino tactical acumen always keeping me on my toes and surprising me, so was caught in two minds. With the 4 2 3 1

-----------------Sanchez
Gusto - disasi - Thiago - colwill
-------------lavia - Caceido
---------------------Enzo
sterling/palmer ---- sterling/mudryk
--------------------jackson

Even with 12 players the best he came up with was Mbappe at left wing back. :confused:
Chillwell is playing lm/lw in that position. He is more advance that a typical wingback

Never wrong....proceeds to be wrong ...yet again :lol: :lol:
Wrong about what?

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm starting to wonder what Guardiola is upto. Surely they can't afford to lose any more attacking players. His team is going to be made up of CBs, CMs, AM,s & STs.
He’s gonna gut it and prove he can still win the league

Chief123

I'm starting to wonder what Guardiola is upto. Surely they can't afford to lose any more attacking players. His team is going to be made up of CBs, CMs, AM,s & STs.
They’ll probably bid £195m for Saka tomorrow.

116 charges.