Music Colter Wall

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
No, I mean vocal style. Go listen to an album. Most reputable country critics draw the comparison.
I've listened to him since he put out Imaginary Appalachia and his music doesn't bear a candle to Johnny Cash. Cash's music is a higher level than old dixie, cotton and other associated southern hashtags.

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

I've listened to him since he put out Imaginary Appalachia and his music doesn't bear a candle to Johnny Cash. Cash's music is a higher level than old dixie, cotton and other associated southern hashtags.
Woah, easy cowboy. I didn't say it bears a candle to Johnny. I'm definitely not comparing them qualitatively, that's for damn sure. I only meant that his vocal style is reminiscent of latter Johnny, and in today's country climate, rather unique.

What are you digging at the moment?

Jinks, Combs, etc?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Really enjoyed Imaginary Appalachia in particular. Still regularly listen to it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Woah, easy cowboy. I didn't say it bears a candle to Johnny. I'm definitely not comparing them qualitatively, that's for damn sure. I only meant that his vocal style is reminiscent of latter Johnny, and in today's country climate, rather unique.

What are you digging at the moment?

Jinks, Combs, etc?
It's not particularly a genre I keep up with, I discovered Colter Wall after his music was featured in Hell or High Water, one of my favorite movies and liked his mellow sound.

Otherwise I mostly still listen to Johnny Cash, Hank Williams and Willie Nelson when the vibe strikes me.