Other Comics 2023

Wal2Fra

Started studying Japenese, so after watching a fair bit of Naruto, I have gone out and got the first 2 books of the series. Will take me a while to get through them though I imagine!

Never followed the manga scene, but now I am starting to build up some interest, I can't get over the sheer amount of books over so many different titles!

Arlo

If you like Pride, I'd recommend most of BKV works, the man is a really good writer. Ex Machina is my personal favorite. His run on Runaways is excellent
I still haven't got around to reading Pride Of Baghdad (currently going through Scott Snyder's Batman run) and I'm not familiar with Ex Machina but will check it out, thanks.

Arlo

Started studying Japenese, so after watching a fair bit of Naruto, I have gone out and got the first 2 books of the series. Will take me a while to get through them though I imagine!

Never followed the manga scene, but now I am starting to build up some interest, I can't get over the sheer amount of books over so many different titles!
When you figure it out, let me know for when I decide to give manga a try :D

Arlo

Some more recommendations from me on some of my past reads.

The Eternals by Neil Gaiman
I only read the first story arc in his run, leading up to the film, and was really impressed by the storytelling. It's far better than the lacklustre movie.

The Marvels by Kurt Busiek
A look at superheroes told over a number of decades through the eyes of a photographer. Great art style in this series.

Planetary by Warren Ellis
Ellis is better known as the writer of The Authority (soon to be adapted to film) but I found Planetary to be a lot more interesting. Plenty of sci-fi investigation going on in this.

Wool by Hugh Howey
Dystopian future graphic novel that has since been adapted into the Silo TV show.

Transhuman by Jonathan Hickman
A lesser-known series from a fantastic sci-fi writer. A story told in mockumentary form about corporate rivalry.

reelworld

Just finished 8 Billion Genies which is quite an interesting premise, but I found the execution is just lacking a bit.

Also if you find Rocket's origin in GotG vol 3 interesting, I would suggest WE3 by Warren Ellis and Frank Quietly. I wasn't a fan of Quietly before, but man this book just hit all the right notes with it's visual and storyline.

Arlo

Just finished 8 Billion Genies which is quite an interesting premise, but I found the execution is just lacking a bit.
I haven't come across 8 Billion Genies before, and Soule does seem to be a bit hit or miss for me, outside of some Star Wars titles I enjoyed.

Rocket's origin in GotG vol 3
Haven't seen it yet :)