Film Coming To America (Eddie, Arsenio, etc)

Hoof the ball

Re-watching this for what must be the 50th time (at least). Prime Eddie and Arsenio. Can't believe the second movie is finally officially confirmed 30 years on!

"Joe Louis was 135 years old when he fought!!"

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Absolutely hilarious film! One of my favourites.

"His momma named him Clay, ima call him Clay."

Chipper

Adulterer.
Great film!

I remember making a 2 minute plus edit of the music from the soul glo ad years ago. Was putting together what was attempting to be an ironic Kieran Richardson compilation that only made him look good.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I've had to put this on now :lol:

I've watched this film more than any, ever. Even as a kid, I used to watch it daily, I probably didn't even understand it
I've also got a tattoo planned and will be getting akeems face as part of it :lol:

Hoof the ball

I think I know this movie, line for line. I certainly know all the barbershop lines by heart. Often, when I'm out and it's karaoke, I'll sing "The Greatest Love of All", but, in the style and delivery of Randy "Sexual Chocolate" Watson.

".....It feels so lovely to be here tonight.
Give yourselves a round of applause.
Give a big round of applause to my band, Sexual Chocolate.
Sexual Chocolate.
They play so fine, don't you agree?"

"God damn, that boy can sing!"
"You must be crazy"

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I love the part when the compere is obliged to shake Randy's hand, and then looks disgusted as he tries to shake off whatever awfulness has attached itself to his own hand. :lol:

Red_Aaron

The beauty pageant is gold. A church group watching the most scantily clad women you can imagine :lol: there's ass everywhere :lol:

There's a god somewhere!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I've had to put this on now :lol:

I've watched this film more than any, ever. Even as a kid, I used to watch it daily, I probably didn't even understand it
I've also got a tattoo planned and will be getting akeems face as part of it :lol:
No black face! :nono: kidding. get it done!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I feel proud to say that on this current first visit to New York, I paid homage to Akeem by staying in Queens first. Bit nicer here nowadays though.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I haven't watched this in ages, me and a mate of mine used to know it word for word we watched it that much. Classic!

Hoof the ball

@Hoof The Ball when's the second one coming out mate? I've had to go and have a sit down as I got butterflies in my stomach:drool:
From what we know thus far :-

- Sequel centres on Prince Akeem searching for his 'long lost son'. Presumably, and this is a guess, but it'll be one of his former bathers in Zamunda (before he met Lisa) who moved to New York City back in the 80's and he finds out that he has a male heir to the throne.

- There was rumours of the son being played potentially by Kevin Hart, however, it's just guess work at this point.

- Current working title is Coming 2 America.

-
Screenplay is penned by original 1988 writers David Sheffield and Barry W. Blaustein, Eddie Murphy. Kenya Barris (Black-ish and Barbershop 2) has been hired to 'punch' up the script a little.

- Director is Jonathan Levine (50/50).

- Cleo McDowell, played by actor John Amos. Fans will remember him as owning McDowells, the McDonalds rip off, who later became Prince Akeem's father-in-law after his daughter, Lisa, wed the prince of the fictional African country, Zamunda.

"John Amos is in our version," Blaustein teased. "He’s in Zamunda and he opened up a McDowells."

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
"Hey Stu, your rent's due motherfecker! and don't pulling that falling down the stairs shit on me ya hear!"

Hoof the ball

TMZ found the guy who played the Soul Glo dude in the commercial (not the singer, just the Jheri curl guy)

Also, this is the original singer of the Soul Glo song, Christopher Max

lsd

The Oracle
Funniest film iv ever seen just pure genius from start to finish