Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I meant MMG, didn't know Kendrick was on there.

I'm not sure for how long, but I'd do time in jail if it meant Gunplay died tomorrow.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I meant MMG, didn't know Kendrick was on there.

I'm not sure for how long, but I'd do time in jail if it meant Gunplay died tomorrow.
:lol:

Gunplay actually had a pretty good verse on Cartoons and Cereal with Kendrick but this might have been because Kendrick ghostwrote it.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I watched an interview with Gunplay from the Power 105's breakfast show, I like him even if I don't listen to his music too tough. His verse on that though, I liked

ArmchairCritic

Considering the other main hip-hop threads don't really have YouTube videos I will post the Loaded Lux/Calicoe battle in here, even though it's not commercial:

I've been watching that final round by Lux everyday for the last week.

'He gon' get this work.'

'All first verse....'

ArmchairCritic

'Look at me King!'

'Look at you, emotional.'

Ah man Lux lost 2-1 on rounds but still won the battle.

Tibs

I like the new Lupe Fiasco album.

ITAL (Roses) is the best track on it imo

ArmchairCritic

Was getting ready to go to Pusha T's concert tonight just got a call from work, now I'm going to interview him for MTV!
Eughk! Love Pusha, wanted to go to the concert but midweek and London was no good.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
It was so dope bro, it was like a church service! When he did Exodus I caught the Holy Ghost, I almost fainted when he did Popular Demand lol

He turned up late to the venue so we had to scrap the interview though

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anyone heard Kendrick's verse on 'Control'? Great verse which should get a lot of attention from all the artists he name-dropped. I'm looking forward to all the responses he receives.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
BoB should stick to songs with Taylor Swift. Ortiz's was decent, I guess he took offence at the 'King of New York' statement.

I think Tyler will be the first of the name-dropped artists to respond.

Danillaco

Apparently Drake responded that this hurt his feelings more than Rihanna getting back with Chris Brown, and he wants to know why Kendrick is trying to murder him. He's such a nice guy.

ArmchairCritic

Just heard Papoose's response, he went in but I was still laughing at him the whole time.

ArmchairCritic

Papoose was reaching so hard with them album cover lines and feminization of hip-hop schtick. Those Nia Long lines made me laugh though.

ArmchairCritic

Kendrick is fecking smart though he's got all these New York rappers pissed at a Kurupt line from 2010.

Danillaco

Changing a little the subject, I hadn't listened the Tech N9ne new album Something Else. It's quite something isn't it? I might even say it's the best Rap/Hip Hop album of the year. I didn't finished yet, but it's that great, imo. Fragile is awesome, he even eclipsed Kendrick on the track.

20solskjaer

Changing a little the subject, I hadn't listened the Tech N9ne new album Something Else. It's quite something isn't it? I might even say it's the best Rap/Hip Hop album of the year. I didn't finished yet, but it's that great, imo. Fragile is awesome, he even eclipsed Kendrick on the track.
its a great album, tech n9ne's massively underrated as a rapper, he just puts out quality albums time after time, i loved the gates mixed plate collabos album

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Ive been listening to this kid all week, he's nobody - only got a few hundred youtube hits but I think hes dope and I hope he makes it. Give it a chance.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Not all the tracks on Drake's album have been leaked, only one or two FWIW that I could find anyway...

EDIT: I will regret saying this I am sure, but I have removed myself from any 'new' artists that started up within the last 2 years as I haven't really been keeping track, before that I was on SB.TV and Youtube listening to mixtapes until kindom come, now I just tend to recycle what I have to be honest...

Wanted to ask who Kendrick Lemar is or what he has done that I should listen to? I know the name obviously, but nothing more...

Also, haven't seen anybody mention Durrty Goodz, is he unknown/not liked/ or considered more Grime?