Common Misconception about United

meamth

What a delusional take on AWB. How many goals or assists have he made? You compare with the best teams, with the TAA, with Robertson, with Davies, with Digne, with Chillwel, you see the laughable comparison. In 90% of the games, United totally dominates possession and the game overall. How useful is AWB then? It's 50 million and you expect he should be able to defend? Yes, he's very good at defending 1 on 1 against PSG once a year. I don't fecking care what prospect he was. We are supposed to be a well-run club, you don't spend that kind of money on these kinds of players if you are. Lamptey was an example. You have 100 scouts. Find a right-back who can control a ball. We are not Crystal Palace where to defend your goal is enough (and I don't think he always does that particularly well, yes he is good in 1on1 but positional play among other things, he's not the greatest there)
Another fantastic observation about professional footballer who can't control a fecking ball.

I envy your scouting ability.

feck sake, what a joke of a post.

jem

Just the one compared the to multitude before.. I'd say that's progress. Others can keep pointing to that one name and stick stubbornly to their assumptions. Cheers
There was also Pereira, and the Mata and Matic extensions are questionable as well (and I’m Malta’s biggest fan.)

Sylar

Which of our players post Fergie have we bought and at the time thought

Really? Why are we doing this? Why are we spending this much?

Even the now in hindsight flops like di Maria, schneiderlin, etc, I can remember so much excitement on these signings

In fact Cavani seems to have been the one that was looked at the most disappointing in recent times

A big issue for us has been no plan surrounding the signings in terms of a long term plan of playing and how we want to play should said current manager fail. We at least have that now

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
To be fair new contract for deadwood players are no longer prolonged since Ole's arrival. There are signs of improvisation by the club to not hold on to players that once had potential and value.
That's very recent, if that's actually the case. Extended Jones and Rojo after Ole arrived, probably Smalling just before. Gave a new deal to Andreas, tried to offer Young a new deal before he went to Inter. Extended Mata (which I personally think was sensible). And bumped Lindelof after the Barca rumours.

We'll see what happens with Lingard and the rest. I've yet to believe in this "cultural reset". I don't blame Ole for how the club is run by the way.

GazTheLegend

Is our fancy new scouting system simply viewing whoscored.com on the latest version of Chrome?

To be fair I have been mostly happy with who we have brought in recently. None of this explains the farce that was this summer though. I dont know who was to blame but it definitely wasnt Ole.
What farce?

Are we ignoring that fans still aren't allowed into stadiums and that our club WILL suffer £110m lost revenue?

Are we ignoring that this pandemic is still ongoing and still affecting football globally? There's talk that Barcelona are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Stop reading the bullshit the media shitheads are spewing forth from orifices that exude more faecal matter than their anuses. It would have been the height of lunacy to spunk 120million on Sancho or, well, anyone. People were annoyed because they saw city and Chelsea doing it, forgetting that those clubs are sportwashing trainsets run by generally horrible human beings.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
There was also Pereira, and the Mata and Matic extensions are questionable as well (and I’m Malta’s biggest fan.)
Pereira ain't that questionable considering his age and potential. Matic has earned it but yes 3 years was a tad excessive. Mata I believe is showing this season it was a good idea to keep him around.

What farce?

Are we ignoring that fans still aren't allowed into stadiums and that our club WILL suffer £110m lost revenue?

Are we ignoring that this pandemic is still ongoing and still affecting football globally? There's talk that Barcelona are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Stop reading the bullshit the media shitheads are spewing forth from orifices that exude more faecal matter than their anuses. It would have been the height of lunacy to spunk 120million on Sancho or, well, anyone. People were annoyed because they saw city and Chelsea doing it, forgetting that those clubs are sportwashing trainsets run by generally horrible human beings.
You're right, we had a great window. It was fantastic planning to mess around all summer failing to sign anybody we wanted and ignoring all the positions we had gaps in, only to end up rushing through 3 players in positions we don't actually need on the last day, so none of them had anything resembling a pre season.

GazTheLegend

You're right, we had a great window. It was fantastic planning to mess around all summer failing to sign anybody we wanted and ignoring all the positions we had gaps in, only to end up rushing through 3 players in positions we don't actually need on the last day, so none of them had anything resembling a pre season.
As if that was how things happened. That's how you 'read' things happened from the deliberately misleading media sources like Custis and such. You have absolutely NO idea how our club is run. And you're going to ignore the global pandemic and it's effect on the transfer market are you? As well as it's effect on 'normal', similarly run clubs?

As if that was how things happened. That's how you 'read' things happened from the deliberately misleading media sources like Custis and such. You have absolutely NO idea how our club is run. And you're going to ignore the global pandemic and it's effect on the transfer market are you? As well as it's effect on 'normal', similarly run clubs?
Neither do you. But our manager does. Our players do. And they all spoke about it this summer.

passing-wind

The idea that a manager is a success due to winning a game against the big clubs individually doesn't hold up if the team lacks consistency. I do agree that Solskjaer has held his own against the other managers but unless we are in contention to win the league and have a solid philosophy to back it up there's nothing to show for it. We are no more than a designer version of crystal Palace if that's what people regard as success for the manager.

Mickson

Another fantastic observation about professional footballer who can't control a fecking ball.

I envy your scouting ability.

feck sake, what a joke of a post.
You're deluded, which we saw yet again today. Keep living in your bubble. With you in charge we still would be with Moyes.