11 Apr Sunderland A
19 Apr Wigan A
TBC Portsmouth H
25 Apr Tottenham H
02 May Midbrough A
09 May Man City H
16 May Arsenal H
24 May Hull City A

as i see it, the two advantages we have is the one point lead and the game in hand

but i too think our fixture is a bit harder than theirs -manchester city will try to save their shitty year in the game against us-, plus, we are still playing the FA cup and our players are starting to feel tired from all the games we played

the games against chelsea for the CL might make them suffer some loses

Number7

Ret's Slave
Luckily Sunderland and Wigan are in horid form, so I can see us winning those...especially given the confidence boost of today.

Pompey is very winnable...and Liverpool ply Arse the night before... I reckon it's more likely they slip in the next 3 games than we do.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Portsmouth - 22 April
Wigan - 13 May (postponed due to FA Cup semi-final)

Sylar

Having Arsenal second to last is better than having them in 2 games time.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Our schedule might be more difficult, but as Premiership fixtures go, they're not that bad. We've got the FA Cup on our plate, but the Chelsea tie should be draining for them, more so than Porto. If we both get through - if - the draw could favor one team over another, or we could end up playing them in the Semis.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Our schedule might be more difficult, but as Premiership fixtures go, they're not that bad. We've got the FA Cup on our plate, but the Chelsea tie should be draining for them, more so than Porto. If we both get through - if - the draw could favor one team over another, or we could end up playing them in the Semis.
we play the winner of the Arsenal tie

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The only easy three points I see for Liverpool will come against West Brom. Even that you can't take for granted at this time of year. It might go down to the final day, but with Robbie Keane playing against them I can't think of a more fitting end to the season than to have him bring Liverpool FC to its knees. It's going to happen.

We really need to take no fewer than 13 points from the next five matches, though, and that should finish them off.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Both have some difficult games coming up, and as both teams are still in the CL, I can see points being dropped

Name Changed

weso26
Arsenal are coming back into form and have their big guns back. They will take points off Liverpool.

The way I see it is that we can afford to lose one. On paper we shouldn't lose any. Neither should Liverpool.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
liverpools next games:

11 Apr, Blackburn Rovers h
21 Apr, Arsenal h
25 Apr, Hull City a
02 May, Newcastle h
09 May, West Ham a
16 May, West Brom a
24 May, Tottenham h

Manchester United next games:

11 Apr Sunderland A
19 Apr Wigan A
TBC Portsmouth H
25 Apr Tottenham H
02 May Midbrough A
09 May Man City H
16 May Arsenal H
24 May Hull City A

as i see it, the two advantages we have is the one point lead and the game in hand

but i too think our fixture is a bit harder than theirs -manchester city will try to save their shitty year in the game against us-, plus, we are still playing the FA cup and our players are starting to feel tired from all the games we played

the games against chelsea for the CL might make them suffer some loses
I reckon that they have marginally the easier run in on paper. But it all goes out of the window. You have to factor in the Champions League and FA Cup games which take the edge off you as a team when you go into a league match. Then other teams have their own agenda as well. If teams drop points, it is often where you don't expect.

I like to think that we actually have a margin of 6 points, because you have to feel that the Dippers will drop at least two points somewhere.

Win our next 2 games and i reckon we have one hand on the title.
Didn't you start that ridiculous, "game set and match" thread? Have you learned nothing?

Having Arsenal second to last is better than having them in 2 games time.
Too right - hopefully things are sewn up by then. Also, they have got 4th all but sorted and if they are looking forward to the Cup finals, then they make take their eye off the league game. They will be pivotal now though. They play all the top three and are probably the form team. Players are returning and they are looking very, very strong.

I didn't realise the league season doesn't end until May 24 this year. That is really late.
Yeah, ridiculously, I think the FA Cup is after the CL final this year...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Arsenal are coming back into form and have their big guns back. They will take points off Liverpool.

The way I see it is that we can afford to lose one. On paper we shouldn't lose any. Neither should Liverpool.
It's amazing how things turn, but we are seeing their potential for next season. If he can get through the summer without losing the big guns and then make a choice addition in midfield then they will be challenging.

Diabo_Sam

PL last day 24 May - Hull
CL final 27 May - Rome
FA Cup final 30 May - London

:houllier: :confused: :eek: :wenger:

If the league title to be decided on the last day and we go to Fa Cup and CL finals... then that's all in only one week. My heart wont take that.

Rahul

Didn't you start that ridiculous, "game set and match" thread? Have you learned nothing?
:confused:

Err no i didn't. In fact i was the one that found that thread awfully stupid.

Our next 2 games are not easy but if we win them we'll have 4 games at home and 2 away.

I didn't say we'd have the title wrapped up, but saying "one hand on the title" i mean we'll be in a fantastic position to relinquish it and it would take a gargantuan feck up to lose it.

Read the threads properly please.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Its worth noting that there is a decent chance that our match against Arsenal will be a dead match. I think that makes our run-in slightly easier.

B Cantona

Desperate
I like our fixtures to be honest, it could certainly be a lot worse. All of the aways are against teams desperately out of form, albeit some of them fighting for their lives. And well at home, we can beat anyone. Even then our toughest game is probably Arsenal, and the Scouse have them too, and sooner

These next few games are crucial. If we can take maximum points, and there's no reason we can't, pressure will really be on Liverpool as they begin to run out of games to do anything about it

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
9th May is arguably the most crucial day of the title race.

Longlivekeano

Dont care bout Pool's fixtures. Win 7 out of the next 8 EPL games and the trophy is ours again. That's how I like to see it.