g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Conceding first

croadyman

Clearly we are having a big issue with concentration and that isn't acceptable at all

thepolice123

Knew this was going to come back and bite us the moment I saw the ultra defensive lineup which would mean we needed major changes to the team if we concede first. Both Southampton and West Ham spanked us hard in the first half and opening stages of the second half and this trend continued in Leipzig. Very Mourinho-esque type of implosion.

passing-wind

About time this thread was created. I don't see conceding first as the issue it's more along the lines of 'managers insufficiency to organise team'. Our lack of preparation is another insider to our lack of consistency. Nothing about Ole says he's going to merit longevity. He's a corn beef budget version of Mourinho.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its because we have no system/tactics and are really poorly coached so don't know what to do at the start of games. Don't know how to do a balanced approach. Don't know how to impose ourselves effectively, but also aren't very organized so going the counter attacking approach doesn't always work. It all comes back to coaching for me, and we are up there with the worst in the world for that.

r0663664

Worships Man City
The whole coaching staff needs to go. How can we expose over and over again. Southampton score thru set pieces and RB top scorer is a left winger. Teams always exploit our near post during corners and they usually score or create a scoring opportunity. What has our coaches done to address this issue? Nothing? Same shit every week. Ole is a striker and Carrick is a midfielder so I guess nobody knows how to setup our defence. Out scoring opponents will be our only choice for victory.

Djemba-Djemba

We've conceded the first goal in 7 of our last 8 matches.

And it could easily have been 8 times in 8 matches as West Brom had a penalty decision reversed by VAR pretty harshly I thought.

It's fecking shambolic and tonight we paid the price. You can't go behind and fight back every single game, it's not sustainable.

It's embarrassing that Ole doesn't seem able to sort out this problem.

hobbers

If we start the first half against City like we did against Leipzig/West Ham/Southampton/WBA they will be 5+ goals up by half time. You can put a pin in that.