Confirmed: Moyes sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I hadn't heard that last part, that's interesting. It seems he took a "you're too good to train with the rest of the team are you?" attitude rather than accepting that for a variety of reasons, different players had different regimes.

Now I've heard that I wonder if the rift between Giggs and Moyes wasn't the whole yoga thing, I'm sure I've heard it said before Giggs rather than doing X training with the team (weights, running, whatever) he takes himself off to do a bit of yoga a couple of times a week, or whatever.
Giggsy does Yoga every day as far as i know - Keano was the same. Think Rio & a few of the others do it aswell - i'm sure of that. Seen a docu on MUTV "Around Carrington with Ryan Giggs" or something like that & there was a quite few of them all doing it with an instructor!

Plugsy

Giggsy does Yoga every day as far as i know - Keano was the same. Think Rio & a few of the others do it aswell - i'm sure of that. Seen a docu on MUTV "Around Carrington with Ryan Giggs" or something like that & there was a quite few of them all doing it with an instructor!
Think I saw that show. With that sort from Countdown?

Plugsy

Yeah man - thats the one..

Good, interesting watch that was!
It was fascinating looking round at all the fancy stuff they had there. Should have done another one with Moyes there. She'll turn up, the place stripped bare of every piece of kit there previously. There's Moyes in his tracksuit showing her around, proudly beaming "I brought this bench with me from Everton.."

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
It was fascinating looking round at all the fancy stuff they had there. Should have done another one with Moyes there. She'll turn up, the place stripped bare of every piece of kit there previously. There's Moyes in his tracksuit showing her around, proudly beaming "I brought this bench with me from Everton.."
:D

Or the place completely stripped bare & all the players doin the bleep test for the 3rd time that day..

stevoc

The Sports Bar with Andy Goldstein on Talksport last nite 10pm-1am?

They were discussing that big time on there!

I also heard earlier from Eamon Holmes on Talksport (who spent the day with Fergie yesterday & knows plenty of folk at the club), that Moyes treated everyone the same & was blunt as feck - havin absolutely no people skills to deal with the different personalities etc. Everyone was treated like kids was the jist of it.

Holmes also said, that Moyes didnt buy into some of the players having different training regimes to cope with previous injuries - like Vida, Rio & RVP to name but a few...
Yeah Dave doesn't sound like a people person does he, one of the basic principles of man management is you treat people however you need to get the best out of them, how you think they should be motivated is fecking irelevant.

That bolded part if true jesus wept what a dinosaur.

stevoc

:D

Or the place completely stripped bare & all the players doin the bleep test for the 3rd time that day..

Mutv recently broadcast a short documentary detailing Moyes training methods, see below.

All these horrible lies about Moyes training not involving much ball work, looks like they are really working that medicine ball there

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Yeah Dave doesn't sound like a people person does he, one of the basic principles of man management is you treat people however you need to get the best out of them, how you think they should be motivated is fecking irelevant.

He's probably a decent bloke to everyone he's no control over & rules with an iron fist to those he has control over!

Interestin that Holmes was in the "give Moyes more time" camp up until recently - same as myself to be honest, but there's only so much a fan can take - we all have our breaking point. Holmes spoke exactly the same way as most of us would have if we'd been on the show. All the fans that have been ringing into Talksport over the past couple of days, have echoed the frustrations we all had with this season!

bobbyf

Wow, so the clueless one thought he could improve us by changing things? What an absolute tool. He had to change to suit our team, not the other way round.

Plugsy

Mutv recently broadcast a short documentary detailing Moyes training methods, see below.

All these horrible lies about Moyes training not involving much ball work, looks like they are really working that medicine ball there
I do worry what'll happen to Tom Curry now

Ainu

I think you guys might have missed the rest of the discussion that started between myself and @Red Hand Devil and read that post out of context it was about managers in general and not David Moyes in particular.

My previous posts already touch most of what you are saying, i know full well there are many people in jobs where they don't have clue what they are doing and try to blag it.

I even said in an earlier post that i understand someone in a regular job doing it if they actually needed the job and money to pay bills etc., the discussion was about whether Millionaire football managers should be dragging jobs out while running clubs into the ground just to get a big payoff. Which is a scenario i don't agree with.

Its a crap discussion in your opinion because i suspect you didn't read the rest of it, if you had read the rest of the discussion you would have known it was about managers in general and not David Moyes in particular. As i said in an earlier post if Moyes thought he could turn it around and be a success fair enough i wouldn't criticize the man for not resigning.

But if he knew he was out of his depth was likely to get sacked and was just dragging it out to get a pay off then i would criticize him for that. Hes a millionaire he doesn't need the money.

Again had you read what was actually being discussed you would know we were not even really speaking about Moyes, nor was it an attempt to kick him while hes down.

If you are so desperate to defend David Moyes there are plenty of people on here who are actually laying the boot into him, theres absolutely no need for you to read post of mine out of context and jump on it because of some perceived slight.
You could've said I'm desperate to defend common sense and logic, and I would agree. But desperate to defend David Moyes? No. I've wanted him out for a long time and I couldn't be happier now it's finally done. But I refuse to give in to crappy arguments and discussions. I'd argue it's a crap discussion regardless of which manager it's about, because not a single top level manager would ever believe himself to be out of his depth. If he was, he'd look for another profession. The idea is simply ludicrous.

Sam

I also heard earlier from Eamon Holmes on Talksport (who spent the day with Fergie yesterday & knows plenty of folk at the club), that Moyes treated everyone the same & was blunt as feck - havin absolutely no people skills to deal with the different personalities etc. Everyone was treated like kids was the jist of it.

Holmes also said, that Moyes didnt buy into some of the players having different training regimes to cope with previous injuries - like Vida, Rio & RVP to name but a few...
God the man's an idiot. That would also explain why RVP's injuries have suddenly returned, after 3 injury free years.

CantonaGiggs1

God the man's an idiot. That would also explain why RVP's injuries have suddenly returned, after 3 injury free years.
And some people here used to get pissed off at those who said Moyes was responsible for many of the injuries. I always laughed when they used the injury excuse to explain Moyes' struggles.

stevoc

You could've said I'm desperate to defend common sense and logic, and I would agree. But desperate to defend David Moyes? No. I've wanted him out for a long time and I couldn't be happier now it's finally done. But I refuse to give in to crappy arguments and discussions. I'd argue it's a crap discussion regardless of which manager it's about, because not a single top level manager would ever believe himself to be out of his depth. If he was, he'd look for another profession. The idea is simply ludicrous.
If you are desperate to defend common sense and logic you could start by using some my friend.

You genuinely believe that there has never been a manager who knew he was going to get sacked or knew he couldn't turn a job around and yet still dragged a job out just to get a pay off?

Plenty have done it, this is proved by the fact that very very few ever resign no matter how badly they are doing.

Why would they need to look for another profession, theres a good chance no matter how many times a manager gets sacked some other club will give them a job.

Look at pardew rumoured to be getting sacked at a fourth club in a row, and yet he will probably pop up again at another club in 6-12 months.

Revan

Assumptionman

Suspected this from the beginning (added with some things I heard that Dave doesn't believe on sports science). The moment he said that he overtrained RVP was the moment when I realized that maybe the stories about Moyes being a dinosaur may be true.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Suspected this from the beginning (added with some things I heard that Dave doesn't believe on sports science). The moment he said that he overtrained RVP was the moment when I realized that maybe the stories about Moyes being a dinosaur may be true.
Yeah, i think it was that Dutch coach with national team thats been sayin that all season.. RVP must have been fillin him in while on international duty..

Ainu

If you are desperate to defend common sense and logic you could start by using some my friend.

You genuinely believe that there has never been a manager who knew he was going to get sacked or knew he couldn't turn a job around and yet still dragged a job out just to get a pay off?

Plenty have done it, this is proved by the fact that very very few ever resign no matter how badly they are doing.

Why would they need to look for another profession, theres a good chance no matter how many times a manager gets sacked some other club will give them a job.

Look at pardew rumoured to be getting sacked at a fourth club in a row, and yet he will probably pop up again at another club in 6-12 months.
There's a massive difference between believing you are out of your depth and knowing that the sack is coming because it's just not working out.

stevoc

There's a massive difference between believing you are out of your depth and knowing that the sack is coming because it's just not working out.
No doubt mate i don't disagree, most managers that hang on until they get sacked knowing its coming to get compensation probably don't believe they are out of their depth and are being treated unfairly.

But i personally believe a few know they are not up to a particular job but still hang on for a pay off anyway.

Drifter

American
Message from Moyes to Andy Mitten apparently

Got a text from David Moyes last night. It said: "Andy. Would you please let it be known how much I appreciated the support I got from the real United fans. They were incredible. I am sorry I couldn't give them the results they are all used to. Thanks."

SirAF

Ageist
RE: Injuries.. It would seem like that crazy dutch coach was right after all :lol:

stevoc

Message from Moyes to Andy Mitten apparently
Got a text from David Moyes last night. It said: "Andy. Would you please let it be known how much I appreciated the support I got from the real United fans. They were incredible. I am sorry I couldn't give them the results they are all used to. Thanks."
Real United? Jesus he really didn't know which club he was managing.

stevoc

Mitten should send a text back with this thread link & also the Manchester United forum link, just so he knows what the fans think & have gone through since he got appointed...
He would probably just discount it all on the grounds nobody on an internet forum is a 'real' fan.

You have to wonder what % of fans does he himself think wanted him sacked?

He probably still thinks it was a minority.

bobbyf

Don't be. Jamie 'spice boy' Redknapp?? What the hell does he know? Ex-England star who never did anything? No, sorry. he married someone from a crappy girlband and was part of Liverpool's decline, so he knows best, right? Not exactly insightful or surprising revelations either.

So we're like every other club in the world now and we have to hire and fire managers. It will only be bad if we get that wrong, and considering the track record of the candidates being considered and the level of our team, I don't see us out of the top 4 next season, if not challenging. How does he know we will be in trouble for years to come? Lots of clubs change managers and still do well. It's just this purported myth these clowns believe, that our team could only be successful under Sir Alex and nobody else.

stevoc

Don't be. Jamie 'spice boy' Redknapp?? What the hell does he know? Ex-England star who never did anything? No, sorry. he married someone from a crappy girlband and was part of Liverpool's decline, so he knows best, right? Not exactly insightful or surprising revelations either.

So we're like every other club in the world now and we have to hire and fire managers. It will only be bad if we get that wrong, and considering the track record of the candidates being considered and the level of our team, I don't see us out of the top 4 next season, if not challenging. How does he know we will be in trouble for years to come? Lots of clubs change managers and still do well. It's just this purported myth these clowns believe, that our team could only be successful under Sir Alex and nobody else.
Redknapp and a load of others who think sacking a manager is not the United way are full of shit basically, when was there a time when Manchester United didn't hire & fire managers. All 5 managers hired between Busby & Ferguson were fired. We sacked managers then and we will sack managers now and in the future until we find a top class one that fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.