Conor McGregor thread.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Are you guys braindead?

Like Dana would risk his whole legacy if something ever came out that it was orchestrated. The UFC can lose way more than it would win with a stunt like this.

What it is is McGregor fanboys trying to give this a spin for him not to look like the idiot he is. Nothing else.
I said it wouldn’t surprise me, not that it is for sure made up. You never know in this business, it isn’t fully Dana’s calls no more. McGregor is a tool so not a fanboy here.

For the UFCs sake I hope it is just Conor being a simpleton

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Seriously if anything he will get a fine which Dana will pay it's all publicity nothing more
You think he voluntarily got a criminal record in the USA and UFC agreed to cock up three fights on the card in the name of publicity for a future fight that may never even happen?

The Bloody-Nine

Seriously if anything he will get a fine which Dana will pay it's all publicity nothing more
The fighters who were physically cut and lost out on fights (Borg suffered cuts to his actual eyes) and who will now sue McGregor for millions? Publicity, too?

Some of you are beyond parody.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He will also get sued by each and every person who can vaguely claim to have suffered from the incident, not least the likes of Chiesa and Borg who suffered injuries that forced them out of their fights.

The UFC/McGregor had a whole range of attention grabbing stunts to choose from that wouldn't result in assault, arrests, prosecution, lawsuits, loss of earnings and negative PR for both themselves and the sport. If they instead chose one that did then they are absolutely terrible at promoting fights.

Dominos

This was cleared staged
100% it is.
One fighter has been pulled from the card due to glass damaging his eye, on another day he may well have been blinded. There's several others injured and/or cut with the card on Saturday losing 3 of the scheduled fights, there's also women on the bus who could have took serious damage which would have reflected even worse on Conor and the UFC. There's going to be criminal charges as well as lawsuits from several of the victims. Do you still believe this was staged?

Kazi

How the tide has turned.

Even when people liked him, he stole his whole personality from Tyson Fury.

DavidDeSchmikes

Can you imagine the hype for his next fight

Society put away Drederick Tatum Conor McGregor for his brutal crime. But he's paid his debt, and now, he's going to get revenge... on Homer Simpson

Balljy

One fighter has been pulled from the card due to glass damaging his eye, on another day he may well have been blinded. There's several others injured and/or cut with the card on Saturday losing 3 of the scheduled fights, there's also women on the bus who could have took serious damage which would have reflected even worse on Conor and the UFC. There's going to be criminal charges as well as lawsuits from several of the victims. Do you still believe this was staged?
I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any pictures of the injuries as yet. The next fight will be worth hundreds of millions and will basically be a WWE style villain versus hero. It could well be real, but the money involved will far outweigh the fines and the publicity is already huge (for the lets be honest) inevitable McGregor vs Khabib grudge match in about 9 months.

Dominos

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any pictures of the injuries as yet. The next fight will be worth hundreds of millions and will basically be a WWE style villain versus hero. It could well be real, but the money involved will far outweigh the fines and the publicity is already huge (for the lets be honest) inevitable McGregor vs Khabib grudge match in about 9 months.
So, the 3 fighters who have been pulled from the card are in on the whole act and are pretending to be injured, the 3 fighters they were meant to be fighting also losing their spot on the card are in on it, the doctors and commission involved in assessing their state are in on it?

I wouldn't doubt it's possible Conor returns for a big fight at some point, that would just be the UFC cashing in on the circumstances, rather than manufacturing the circumstances by staging the whole thing. It's just an absurd claim.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So, the 3 fighters who have been pulled from the card are in on the whole act and are pretending to be injured, the 3 fighters they were meant to be fighting also losing their spot on the card are in on it, the doctors and commission involved in assessing their state are in on it?

I wouldn't doubt it's possible Conor returns for a big fight at some point, that would just be the UFC cashing in on the circumstances, rather than manufacturing the circumstances by staging the whole thing. It's just an absurd claim.
To be fair, any smart lawyer is telling them to ham up injuries, not fight and take Conor for as much as possible - far, far more than they'd get for fighting, so that bit is plausible.

I don't believe anything was staged in the slightest, but fighters not fighting because there's millions to be made instead of the thousands they would've got is highly, highly probable.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
To be fair, any smart lawyer is telling them to ham up injuries, not fight and take Conor for as much as possible - far, far more than they'd get for fighting, so that bit is plausible.

I don't believe anything was staged in the slightest, but fighters not fighting because there's millions to be made instead of the thousands they would've got is highly, highly probable.
And the very best to them, too, for taking advantage of a scumbag's thuggery. Look at McGregor whooping and hollering leaving the scene in the lastest Embedded video the UFC released last night. The prick is celebrating like he scored a goal in a Cup Final. He's also on video instructing his goons to "break the windows" right before Chief Goon Cowley follows his Lord's instructions and throws something at the front windscreen, hence Cowley's arrest.

They are all lowlifes and deserve everything coming to them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Anyone know why he would attack a bus? Is he Butch Cassidy?

RedRevongge

At this rate, he will sell life story rights in few years time. Scorsese to direct it.
Yes one things for sure that he will have an amazing movie one day.

Coming through the independent scene to win belts at two weights in cage warriors.

Then doing the same in UFC and fighting at 3 weight classes. Then the stuff with Floyd and now the potential implosion

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I hope he did!

Delighted you’re still listening, by the way. Love the idea of some French dude listening to Blindboy’s very Irish rambling :)
It's a great podcast. Culture, universal wisdom and humbleness. Thinking about it, if Connor listens to it he has to be a good lad, more nuanced than he sometimes seems to be.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
His name has popped up again in relation to a particularly unsavoury incident in Dublin this week. Allegations/hearsay at the minute, but it’s deplorable if true.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
His name has popped up again in relation to a particularly unsavoury incident in Dublin this week. Allegations/hearsay at the minute, but it’s deplorable if true.
What's the incident?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yes my whatsapp groups have been flooded with this story today too.

Allegations described as "extremely credible" by the Independent have been made against an Irish sports star.

However, I have thus far seen nothing credible naming the person at the centre of the allegation. Just internet hearsay that all seems to be coming from the same highly unreliable source.

lsd

The Oracle
Heard his name mentioned would be completely shocked if it's true . Can think of a lot more likely suspects but Conor Probably the biggest name

Eire Red United

Haven’t seen anything but was told yesterday he’s in a garda station in Dublin and that there’s plenty of videos circulating, supposedly of the incident or aftermath. Hopefully it’s not true.

Relfy

Hopefully it isn't true.....but if it is then they need to treat him as a normal citizen and not any special treatment because he's a millionaire.

Thoughts go out to the girl in this incident. Hope she is well and recovering.

cyberman

Imagine the amount of money being thrown at this poor woman by Conors team at the minute.

Eire Red United

There’s other rumours going around that it wasn’t McGregor at all but a footballer. James McClean had a post on social media the other day to squash rumours but he didn’t say what it was in relation to, just say it was a serious matter and that it had nothing to do with him so I’m guessing he was being linked to this. Hard to know what to believe.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
There’s other rumours going around that it wasn’t McGregor at all but a footballer. James McClean had a post on social media the other day to squash rumours but he didn’t say what it was in relation to, just say it was a serious matter and that it had nothing to do with him so I’m guessing he was being linked to this. Hard to know what to believe.
Stokes Christmas party was in Dublin over the weekend, also the papers are saying it's not a footballer.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Maybe we see why John has said he may never corner him again.
Think Kavanagh was saying it's more to do with who McGregor fights. He doesn't want him fighting anyone but Khabib or Nate. But that could just be an excuse if McGregor did indeed rape someone.

binary bot
I heard the original stories about it being him, seen one yesterday saying that the original was nonsense, and it was one of the people he hangs about with.

Whatsapp, eh? Very reliable.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Anyone get the Whatsapp pics this morning? More crazy rumors floating about.