Cool Runnings - BBC 1

Brophs

The One and Only
That's my afternoon sorted anyway. Great movie.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
The fastest of the fastest of Jamaican sprinters... Go to Olympics, fight for Jamaica!

Ixion

Ah crap, didn't realise this was on. Top film.

"Sanka...ya dead?"
"Ya, mon"

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I had a tear in my eye at least twice while watching it this afternoon. John Candy died during the filming i believe.

The speech he gives during the board room scene is as good as it gets.

Ixion

John Candy was the man, Planes, Trains & Automobiles is possibly the best comedy ever made.

Spoony

The People's President
John Candy was the man, Planes, Trains & Automobiles is possibly the best comedy ever made.
Brilliant film. As for Cool Runnings, I loved it over a decade ago, but it just seemed a bit average this time around.

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
I had a tear in my eye at least twice while watching it this afternoon. John Candy died during the filming i believe.

The speech he gives during the board room scene is as good as it gets.

I don't think it was during Cool Runnings he died, but it wasn't long after.

He was a great comic actor and it was such a shame he died at such a relatively young age as there's no doubt he would have gone on to star in more quality films.

Cool Runnings is still such a good film, i hadn't watched it in about 8 years until yesterday and was surprised at how good it still was.

If anyone hasn't seen the film i'd highly recommend them seeing it!!

reelworld

Watched it the first time when it came out in the cinema and love it.
And I was surprised when I still love it when it watched it again on HBO some 10 years later.

Sanka got some of the best lines in the movie
Love this bit too though
Sanka Coffie: So what are we gunna name the sled?
Junior Bevill: How about... "Tallulah?"
Sanka Coffie: Tallulah! Hahaha! Tallulah! Sounds like a 2 dollar hooker! Where you come up with that?
Junior Bevill: Hey, you idiot. That's my mother's name.

Ixion

After the crushing disspointment of missing it when it was on TV, I ordered the DVD off amazon for like £3, watched it yesterday and its still as awesome as ever.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Great film. At this rate it'll get killed though since it constantly seems to be on TV.

hungrywing

Is it a Christmas movie?
In the year of our Lord, 2021, a random internet poster posed the above question and thus inadvertently precipitated the apocalypse as forty-eight out of the world's top fifty AI reached a conclusion that, #fatman #sled #ice #yes #99.4confidence and then activated the other two AI which were being programmed to eliminate all the people in the world who'd ever actively participated in a 'Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?' discussion online.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
In the year of our Lord, 2021, a random internet poster posed the above question and thus inadvertently precipitated the apocalypse as forty-eight out of the world's top fifty AI reached a conclusion that, #fatman #sled #ice #yes #99.4confidence and then activated the other two AI which were being programmed to eliminate all the people in the world who'd ever actively participated in a 'Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?' discussion online.
Yeah