Copa Oro aka Gold Cup

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Looking at these teams there is no way Mexico should not win this. Not a single player on the field is in the US first XI unless Berhalter persists in playing Cannon.

edcunited1878

If United States scores, it's coming from a set piece or against the run of play. Extremely hectic with lots of pressing and too many crosses from wide areas.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Mexico has had 2 v 1 twice on the right wing and not taken advantage of it. I don't get it.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Our boys are playing with heart. If they can settle in, the second half could be good.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I hate our analysts. Dike is lurking on the bench with something to prove….. Dike needs to stay on the bench.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Thank God for the offside flag on that. I'd just told a friend I'd rather Zardes get the few chances we have this half than Arriola. :lol:
this game has convinced me that the US is now the dominant force in the region. How this Mexico team is not dominating this US team with this US coach is hilarious.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If someone asked me to sum up Zardes in 3 seconds I would show that clip

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
If either team had a penalty, it would somehow get blocked on the way to the goal before it gets to the keeper.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is amazing. The US has no business being in this. Acosta has executed Kante.exe

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
These kids have exceeded expectations. Mexico might be wondering if this manager is leading this team in the right direction.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
These kids have exceeded expectations. Mexico might be wondering if this manager is leading this team in the right direction.
it’s not Tata. The current Mexico team is just not up to previous standards. I would guess 3-5 players on the US roster would make the best 23. For Mexico its probably in the 15-18 range.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The quality of both teams is below their best, but at least they are competitive.

Acosta and the ref have been very good
That is waaaay more an indictment on Mexico than the US. If this is the best that 80% Mexico can do than the US should roll through qualifying.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Wow late drama again. Silly foul by the meican defender and on the freekick America scores with a header. 1-0 to USA

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I am cackling over here. There is no way this roster should have won. I guess I should apologize to GB. Well done boys!

edcunited1878

Set piece did the trick! MLS players full speed ahead for the WC!

Mexico were pretty poor, but can't agree with Stuart Holden that this is Mexico's A team...and if it is, how bad are they.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Set piece did the trick! MLS players full speed ahead for the WC!

Mexico were pretty poor, but can't agree with Stuart Holden that this is Mexico's A team...and if it is, how bad are they.
This is like Mexico's "Half Team A". The other half is playing in the Olympics.

But well, I already expected this result. I wished we had brought a B or C team instead of facing this humilliation. A lot of work needs to be done for the WC.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is like Mexico's "Half Team A". The other half is playing in the Olympics.

But well, I already expected this result. I wished we had brought a B or C team instead of facing this humilliation. A lot of work needs to be done for the WC.
Do you think Tata survives? I am a huge fan of his for what he did in Atlanta, but it is worrying that Berhalter has got him twice, especially in the gold cup where *maybe* there are 2 guys who would start a WCQ.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Do you think Tata survives? I am a huge fan of his for what he did in Atlanta, but it is worrying that Berhalter has got him twice, especially in the gold cup where *maybe* there are 2 guys who would start a WCQ.
I don't know TBH. Frankly, he has been dissapointing in regards that he has failed to achieve a solid playing style and has underperformed against stronger teams, although to his defense this generation of Mexican players has gotten older and not much new talent has been developed. But I think he should have won this competition nonetheless.

As for a sacking... The Mexican Olympic team does exhibit good talent and results and U23 it's a good standard for international football. If the Mexican Olympic team manages to win or reach the final of the Men's tournament then I could vouch for Jaime Lozano replacing Tata.

But my opinion is that Tata is another victim of Mexico's football problems... As long as teams do not invest in young talent, keep playing in USA exclusively with Concacaf lower teams just to make profit and players worry more about salary than into their development and go to Europe... There's little he can change. Also, I'm kinda surprised. Mexico supposedly left Copa America because Concacaf did not allow Mexico to play with a B side in Gold Cup, and now USA plays B side without any issues.